$247 million of 'forgotten' cash!

Jman888

majority of singaporean are rich !! :huh: :huh:

not only the 'forgotten' dollars, many also have 100s of kg of coins in their house (read the coin thread) :blink: :blink:

i guess many here have more than $177 spare foreign currency sitting around in the house.

$247 million of 'forgotten' cash in Singapore homes

AsiaOne | Tue, Jul 30 2013

foreign-currencies-AFP.jpg

SINGAPORE - An average Singaporean has an estimated $177 of leftover holiday cash in their home, according to new research by travel site Skyscanner.

That amounts to a whopping $247 million of foreign currency, ranging from Malaysian Ringgit to British Pounds, lying unused in Singapore homes.

1.4 million Singaporeans aged 15 and above travel abroad each year, according to government statistics.

98 per cent of the 1,000 Singaporeans surveyed said that they bring back unused foreign cash from their vacations, with 54 per cent estimating the amount to be more than $100. Another 14 per cent said they kept $50 to $100 worth of leftover holiday cash.

"Many travellers may choose to spend the last of their holiday cash at the airport, but it's clear that not everyone has time to do so," said Skyscanner's marketing manager for Singapore, Ms Ira Noviani. "In fact, many Singaporeans may prefer instead to hold onto their cash for their next trip."

[email protected]

- See more at: http://www.relax.com.sg/article/news/247-m...h.FsRfGMCF.dpuf

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

seriously. SGD177 is under declare liao..

last year i realise i had SGD500 worth of korean won that i forget to change out 5 years ago..

now bring to money changer they dont accept liao. [bigcry]

Yeah, $177 is under-declared. I got at least $500 in various different currencies :)

it was taken from the average of 1.4 million who travel (out of the 5 million population), so it is about correct amount if you multiply by 3 :D:D

Turbocharged

later this become hao lian thread???

What later? Lets do it now. I think I have 3.141592654kg of gold from my last visit to Knox.

What later? Lets do it now. I think I have 3.141592654kg of gold from my last visit to Knox.

Wah. So aggressive. I like it. [thumbsup][laugh]

mmm, when did bear take on the life of pi, eh.

Anyway, interesting topic, but what is the hidden agenda? find some day to convert currencies back to sgd?

International harmony day where all FT / FW bring some crafts, food, .., and we use their currencies to trade for goods?

Wah. So aggressive. I like it. [thumbsup][laugh]

the decimal place all the way behind lagi aggressive [rolleyes]

Supercharged

i got more than $177 in diff currencies. so many that i had to seperate them into those small zip lock bags......

the bags make it ez to see what currency inside

Supercharged

I reckon many of SG ppl keep alot of MY currency notes. It's even worse now that our dollar is so strong. Lately I see long q of ppl at money changers, going for MY notes.

I reckon many of SG ppl keep alot of MY currency notes. It's even worse now that our dollar is so strong. Lately I see long q of ppl at money changers, going for MY notes.

exchange rate now above RM2.5 of course must change more, we always go there for something, many time in a year.

Turbocharged

But some of these banana republics especially that one where they talk more than they do suka suka change their money then the notes become worthless.

↡ Advertisement