• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
106 replies to this topic | 103 praises

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:13 AM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

any bro here into plasti dip?

lately, i notice a lot of BMW are going matt but they have this natural shine in it..
i wonder how they actually do it.

anyway back to plastidip,
Visit My Website
Visit My Website

seem good as it proclaim to a multi-purpose air dry, specialty rubber coating. It can be easily applied by dipping, brushing, or spraying. Plasti Dip protective coating is ideal for a broad array of do-it-yourself projects around the home, garage, garden and elsewhere. It protects coated items against moisture, acids, abrasion, corrosion, skidding/slipping, and provides a comfortable, controlled grip.

Plasti Dip remains flexible and stretchy over time, and will not crack or become brittle in extreme weather conditions. It has been tested and proven in temperatures from -34ºc to +93ºc. Plastidip can be dipped, brush coated and sprayed. Add more layers for greater protection and grip. Plasti Dip coats and gives a comfortable, controlled, colour coded grip to all types of tools: lawn and garden, mechanical, electrical, woodworking and masonry. (Non-skid grit can also be added.)

and when you don't like it, you can peel it off..
but i don't know how the peeling works.. under which condition..

cb5ee19e0c093a777ef8a994ac4cc812_zpscab0
069baeb9f726a57f1196dcb5d4553d3f_zps2ed8
4d14acd4f9c3a0fcd69c239dfa69ff88_zps4a1b

Edited by BabyBlade, 29 July 2014 - 05:16 PM.

Carmour and 2 Anonymous members praised this
bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

6789city
  • 6789city
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Have seen lots of people spray black pastidip on their car badge, seems pretty awesome. How much is a can of it??

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:43 AM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Have seen lots of people spray black pastidip on their car badge, seems pretty awesome. How much is a can of it??

quite exp, rm80 for a can..

i think i saw it the other at DIY shop..

but as far as i know, it can only works on smaller area like badge or spoiler..

those who had it on their rims, complains about the quality..
it actually shrink over time
bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Sorrow
  • Premium member
    Sorrow
    4th Gear
    Author Image

quite exp, rm80 for a can..

i think i saw it the other at DIY shop..

but as far as i know, it can only works on smaller area like badge or spoiler..

those who had it on their rims, complains about the quality..
it actually shrink over time

Think get locally cheaper as I got varying prices from 25-28 when I asked before.
Sorrow
Kia Rio 1.6M

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:39 AM

MS13
  • MS13
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Im thinking of using plastidip on my rims.. but still considering it... tired of my yellow rim.. always get dirty very fast.. tot of spraying black plastidip this time

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

Trex101
  • Trex101
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Plasti dip look pretty easy to do. Really want to try this once i get my hands on some of those.

Edited by Trex101, 12 August 2013 - 05:57 AM.

Carmour and 1 Anonymous member praised this
<b>My Orange Ford Territory Ghia - Philips Xtreme Vision 130+, NGK ZFR6FIX-11 Iridium, Redline 0w30, Redline Racing ATF, Redline Heavy Weight Shockproof </b>

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

dont get this if you are thinking of doing the rim..

its not lasting and the coating will shrink over time..

usually people do this for the grill
bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

Trex101
  • Trex101
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I have a friend who did his Jeep rims for more than 3mth now and it is still holding up very well. I might not do the rims but will do the logo and grill.
<b>My Orange Ford Territory Ghia - Philips Xtreme Vision 130+, NGK ZFR6FIX-11 Iridium, Redline 0w30, Redline Racing ATF, Redline Heavy Weight Shockproof </b>

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

Ftco
  • Premium member
    Ftco
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Where to buy one of these?
Thinking of using it on some of my interior parts to protect the paint from chipping.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Good suggestion there, talking about interior.
I thought of doing my a,b,c pillar. Very dirty now
bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

Ftco
  • Premium member
    Ftco
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Good suggestion there, talking about interior.
I thought of doing my a,b,c pillar. Very dirty now

I hope it works on plastic parts? huh.gif

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

Nitro
  • Nitro
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

dont get this if you are thinking of doing the rim..

its not lasting and the coating will shrink over time..

usually people do this for the grill

What you mean by shrink? Have been using it on my rims for months now, no issue whatsoever.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:53 AM

Trex101
  • Trex101
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Where to buy one of these?
Thinking of using it on some of my interior parts to protect the paint from chipping.

I think someone is selling it for $25-28/can for black.

I'm talking to one of the supplier right now but landed cost will not be very cheap either because apparently aerosol are consider flammable & hazardous, need to pay extra for shipping. est around $22-25 maybe for the qty i'm asking.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

Trex101
  • Trex101
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I hope it works on plastic parts? huh.gif

I think it will work on most material, grill and logo are plastic parts too and it stick just like from the video.

I'm thinking of doing my roof also if both my logo and grill are successful but don't know how many bottle it need? maybe 3-4 bottle should be enough for 3 coat.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

What you mean by shrink? Have been using it on my rims for months now, no issue whatsoever.

ermm, i read the reviews in some malaysia car forum..
someone actually complains about the quality when they spray onto the rim..
the coating actually shrink and tear..

maybe replica plastidip?? biggrin.gif
bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

Wolf2801
  • Wolf2801
    1st Gear
    Author Image

https://www.facebook...lastidip?ref=hl

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

Clementi123
  • Clementi123
    Clutched
    Author Image

any kind bro can post your DIY job up here?

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

Crabtree1997
  • Crabtree1997
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

heres my plasti dip stuff
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Crabtree1997
  • Crabtree1997
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

Crabtree1997
  • Crabtree1997
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I think it will work on most material, grill and logo are plastic parts too and it stick just like from the video.

I'm thinking of doing my roof also if both my logo and grill are successful but don't know how many bottle it need? maybe 3-4 bottle should be enough for 3 coat.

if you do your roof buy it by the gallon and use the a pro sprayer, dont use the can, it will tiger stripe on a large surface area like that

Back to Cosmetics  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Precise Auto Service

Precise Auto Service  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by caretaker  |  Neutral Newbie

All the staffs were very friendly, flexible, helpful & Understanding with my inquires, want and choice of available fleet of cars. Good pricing for weekend rental into Malaysia. Excess of vehicles are very reasonable. Will recommend & Rent again in future. » Read More

Revol Carz Makeover Pte Ltd

Revol Carz Makeover Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by tomleepoh  |  Neutral Newbie

The interior of my car feels and smells refreshing new and the glistening exterior makes me feel proud. The guys at Revol Carz Makeover were meticulous and paid extra attention to small details.

They did a great job on my car and the price was affordable too. I will not hesitate to recommend to anyone who looks for a good deal. » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Spray Painting, Decals, Stickers & Number Plates

Quick Reply

Tags: plastidip

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users