Finally TP recognizes speedsters caught on car camera videos

Darthrevan

Actually it's not. You are allowed to request for the evidence (whether its directly by the police or from someone else) after you receive the notice with no admission of guilt. Then you can decide if you want to contest it or pay the fine. This has always been the case.

But usually in court case all evidence is submitted n the defence has the right to see all evidence first so ty can prepare their defence.

Defence lawyer does not hv to pay to see the evidence against his client. This is more fair.

↡ Advertisement

Last time i kana by a Sgt Tan....he say i took the s corner at pie exit to lornie maciam wayne rainey.....the way i cut the lorrie at the 1st corner and threw my backside for the second was really swee! Then he gave me 4 or 6 points for inconsiderate riding! Lucky he din take into consideration of doing 120 on pie. He showed me the speed he clocked me....but he panchan me after listening to my excuse!

Speed? That would be TP. I was in a normal division. I summoned a few. Most just got warnings.

It might backfire n instead of making the roads safer, the roads wil turn into a battleground where pple r constantly trying to take revenge n use TP as their weapon.

Just like during the Japanese Occupation where pple jealous of others wil try to find something to report to the Jap Kempeti to get the other person into trouble.

It wil make life here hell. Worse than how it already is. [sweatdrop]

In the 1st place don't break any offence, there is no way other driver can find any fault in the video. Yes though I support it but yes it maybe misused and that is where filtering comes into play.

I believe TP is now more open for people to submit video as they may find it is better for drivers to submit video to TP to take action, rather than post in stomp and YouTube and cause even more trouble for them to come out explain and also to keep it confine to just to summon for evidence. Imagine every wrong doing people post on YouTube or stomp without TP being informed, it makes things very messy.

Edited by Yewheng

But usually in court case all evidence is submitted n the defence has the right to see all evidence first so ty can prepare their defence.

Defence lawyer does not hv to pay to see the evidence against his client. This is more fair.

Our SG govt department niah. No such thing as free. They have to pay to get everything. [laugh]

Speed? That would be TP. I was in a normal division. I summoned a few. Most just got warnings.

Ya....TP! His plates was TP12. He was laughing n smiling when he gave the summon n points! [laugh] but he din charge me for speeding...he put it inconsiderate or dangerous driving as i had cut the lorry in a dangerous manner! I have to check the reminder for the actual charge. But it was do many donkry yrs ago.

Double post.

They're ok lah. As much as possible they try to summon for one offence only, and usually they downgrade one level for speeding. If there's an accident then they boh bian.

In the 1st place don't break any offence, there is no way other driver can find any fault in the video. Yes though I support it but yes it maybe misused and that is where filtering comes into play.

I believe TP is now more open for people to submit video as they may find it is better for drivers to submit video to TP to take action, rather than post in stomp and YouTube and cause even more trouble for them to come out explain and also to keep it confine to just to summon for evidence. Imagine every wrong doing people post on YouTube or stomp without TP being informed, it makes things very messy.

Actually TP just covering their backside cos someone complained why TP dun take action against those videos posted on Stomp n Youtube where pple break the law.

Now ty say OK u submit to us n we decide if need to take action or not.

Can u imagine the workload for TP if ty receive 1000 videos every week. Ty also dun hv time to analize n follow up investigations on each n every video. [laugh]

Our SG govt department niah. No such thing as free. They have to pay to get everything. [laugh]

Thats why I say its wrong. Evidence sud b made avaliable to defence b4 the case so ty can decide to plead guilty or not or for them to prepare their defence case.

Selling evidence sud b illegal. But I definately say its immoral. [thumbsdown]

Ya....TP! His plates was TP12. He was laughing n smiling when he gave the summon n points! [laugh] but he din charge me for speeding...he put it inconsiderate or dangerous driving as i had cut the lorry in a dangerous manner! I have to check the reminder for the actual charge. But it was do many donkry yrs ago.

U never ask him to give chance. Say u planning to join TP n now practising to make sure that next time u r very steady on the road in case u need to do high-speed chase. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Get a life.

In Malaysia, Vietnam and many other countries, road users signal to each other to warn of TP or road blocks ahead, Singapore is the reverse. I wonder what is wrong with us these days? Too much of self righteousness can be a disease.

P.S. I agree that for reckless and dangerous driving, such action can be justified. With this new policy, we will probably end up with morons who will submit video clips to TP for every little traffic infractions.

They're ok lah. As much as possible they try to summon for one offence only, and usually they downgrade one level for speeding. If there's an accident then they boh bian.

Ya they already give me so many chances. [blush]

Get a life.

In Malaysia, Vietnam and many other countries, road users signal to each other to warn of TP or road blocks ahead, Singapore is the reverse. I wonder what is wrong with us these days? Too much of self righteousness can be a disease.

P.S. I agree that for reckless and dangerous driving, such action can be justified. With this new policy, we will probably end up with morons who will submit video clips to TP for every little traffic infractions.

That is good. Then TP wil b swamped by thousands of Videos every week till ty also dun bother to view.

Ty just dump all into a huge basket labelled "PENDING". [laugh][laugh][laugh]

It's a good gesture, but can't imagine how TP will have enough resources to validate every video sent to them. Many of the videos posted online are own goal .. [laugh]

Ya I think that woman Sup just want to appease all those pple watching the show lah.

What else can she say on TV. [:p]

Thats why I say its wrong. Evidence sud b made avaliable to defence b4 the case so ty can decide to plead guilty or not or for them to prepare their defence case.

Selling evidence sud b illegal. But I definately say its immoral. [thumbsdown]

I sarpork! [thumbsup]

Get a life.

Think of things this way. There are a lot of kuku's who think they're right when they're not. This will also serve to tell them that they're not.

You're right about malaysia, vietnam, etc. However if you try that in say Australia, the UK, US, etc, you get charged.

Whatever the case, if we practice proper road habits then we should have nothing to worry about.

It's a good gesture, but can't imagine how TP will have enough resources to validate every video sent to them. Many of the videos posted online are own goal .. [laugh]

One way is to have a group of people just watch YouTube video or stomp or video submitted to TP and nothing else lor. Those job can be for NSF who is down pes and can only do admin job, that is best for them to keep them occupied. [laugh]

Then they will also have a check list to label each video into different category. I.e rank from most urgent to least urgent. Most urgent is those video submitted is those very reckless driver like the tipper truck beat red light, the black car aggressive driving at KPE nearly cause major accident. Least urgent is those like driver just accidentally cross to adjacent lane but is very fast corrected back to normal in lane and etc that is of least danger to road users. That maybe a more efficient way to work with looking at video submitted by public.:

Edited by Yewheng

That is good. Then TP wil b swamped by thousands of Videos every week till ty also dun bother to view.

Ty just dump all into a huge basket labelled "PENDING". [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Then they will get tons of emails everyday asking about "progress" on the investigations. :D:D :D Knowing Singaporeans, this can really happen, no joke.

↡ Advertisement