Tesla Model S

Porker

This Nguyen seems like a learned professional. Not a country bumpkin. He could have researched before bringing the car to Spore. Not kao bey when it's is here.

Difficult to emphatize. And from a petty perspective wasted our public services time. After all he can drive the car on Sg roads. So what's his real problem. He just pissed he did not get the $15K discount but yet kena pay $15k premium.

His frustration is felt across the whole motoring community,

Mainly, its LTA incompetence in recognition of green movement. 

↡ Advertisement

That's why Tesla close shop here.

Yes heard about that as well.

Don't you think it looks bad on us not embracing newer technology, being greener and all that? 

Maybe LTA knows something we don't but can't be right? Else someone in the know or who is more technical then us would have publicized this much earlier.

I await the next chapter of this saga with great interest.

Either LTA will back track which would be a slap in the face for them or Tesla has some explaining to do why Singapore though small market has made it not viable for them.

Side track, years back MAS declined banking license for BCCI whereas HKMA and some other Central banks granted a license to this bank and MAS was accused of being ultra conservative etc.

Subsequently, they were proven right cos this bank was involved in massive Money Laundering and other financial crimes. MAS got the last laugh on this. Could history repeat itself albeit on a car producer? Apologies for the digression and just saying only........... 

• Praise 9

(edited)

A case of our Minister "bo cho gang"?? Where is LTY & KBW?

In accordance to section 11AA (Carbon emissions tax) of the Road Traffic Act, as stated under clause (5), The Minister may, subject to such conditions as he thinks fit to:

- prescribe different amounts of rebate or the methods for determining the amount of the rebate for vehicles of different classes, categories or descriptions or vehicles used for different purposes which have carbon emission levels falling within any carbon emission band

and clause (6), The Minister may make rules for carrying out or giving effect to this section and for prescribing anything which may be prescribed under this section and, in particular, the rules may:

- provide for the method for determining the carbon emission level of any vehicle;

Wah lau, I feel like I machiam WSJ digging on Najib US$1bil "donation". I think I better stop here [lipsrsealed]  [lipsrsealed] before I get invited to lim kopi... [knife]  [knife]

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

In accordnace to section 11AA (Carbon emissions tax) of the Road Traffic Act, as stated under clause (5) & (6), to:

- prescribe different amounts of rebate or the methods for determining the amount of the rebate for vehicles of different classes, categories or descriptions or vehicles used for different purposes which have carbon emission levels falling within any carbon emission band

- provide for the method for determining the carbon emission level of any vehicle;

Wah lau, I feel like I am WSJ digging on Najib US$1bil "donation". I think I better stop here [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed] before I get invited to lim kopi... [knife][knife]

Lty no more liao

(edited)

Lty no more liao

The said clause is effective 1 January 2013, where LTY is the Transport Minister.

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

The said clause is effective 1 January 2013, where LTY is the Transport Minister.

Yeah, but he no more Liao. So you call out to him also no use. He set the law. The other guy don't follow how?

Supersonic

In accordance to section 11AA (Carbon emissions tax) of the Road Traffic Act, as stated under clause (5), The Minister may, subject to such conditions as he thinks fit to:

and clause (6), The Minister may make rules for carrying out or giving effect to this section and for prescribing anything which may be prescribed under this section and, in particular, the rules may:

Wah lau, I feel like I machiam WSJ digging on Najib US$1bil "donation". I think I better stop here [lipsrsealed]  [lipsrsealed] before I get invited to lim kopi... [knife]  [knife]

You never read properly ah? It says the minister MAY. Which means he happy he will do, not happy don't do lor. [lipsrsealed]

Tell them to keep the kopi warm for me.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Actually I think we all give too much credit to the staff at LTA, they are likely just employee like everyone else. They issue was not raised up hence everything done like this. Maybe just maybe, if he had gone from TOP down he might get the 15k rebate.

Turbocharged

You never read properly ah? It says the minister MAY. Which means he happy he will do, not happy don't do lor. [lipsrsealed]

Tell them to keep the kopi warm for me.

Oi! Keep quiet la. U ruffle him for what? Skali he take away all rebate! I hantam u!
  • Praise 1

Actually I think we all give too much credit to the staff at LTA, they are likely just employee like everyone else. They issue was not raised up hence everything done like this. Maybe just maybe, if he had gone from TOP down he might get the 15k rebate.

you just described the amount of redtape LTA hides behind. Unless this guy is some close relative of the top people, no chance of going from the top.

Oi! Keep quiet la. U ruffle him for what? Skali he take away all rebate! I hantam u!

i rather he takes away all the CEVS rebate.

Consumers don't smell the savings anyway. All makan by the ADs.

When time comes to sell car then see how much the pocket pains. "Eh?!! how come my PARF so little?!!!!"

• Praise 1

you just described the amount of redtape LTA hides behind. Unless this guy is some close relative of the top people, no chance of going from the top.

When time comes to sell car then see how much the pocket pains. "Eh?!! how come my PARF so little?!!!!"

people just buy car from the agent, unless you are very rich like the guy who bought the $3 million Bugatti but can't even drive on the road  [laugh]  [laugh]

Think of it this way, you are the minority if you wanna own a tesla. its the same as you're e minority when you own the diesel.

coming back to tesla example, u are minority so so so so so minority that why should the govt make leeway for the few peeps? infra is not here yet, if they make it any easier, more peeps would take up and subsequently complain cos the infra is still not up yet. not up yet, not as if its up and now in testing mode.

the minority has always been urged to follow the majority esp when the necessary infra stuff are not available yet.

I think the bug bear is not about the infra or making leeway for the owner but rather on the ding dong b/w the govt agencies. Tesla is not the only electric car in use in SG.

• Praise 1

I think the bug bear is not about the infra or making leeway for the owner but rather on the ding dong b/w the govt agencies. Tesla is not the only electric car in use in SG.

Yes. Its made "inconvenient" for a reason Your guess is as good as mine :D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

A Friend of mine say lta shouldn't approve. The exact word be say.

"this car is fr a new brand right? no agent in spore, no proven safety track, etc. skali anything happen how to find the warranty"

I say warranty his problem and he reply.

"but if the car blow up or cause whole island power failure how?"

Edited by Joseph22

It is about their procedure... at the very least be consistent...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

It is about their procedure... at the very least be consistent...

Apart form the i3 blunder, they very consistence. The others are R&D vehicle. This one carry regular car plate.

So for 100% follow procedure.. Cause 1/1

Supersonic

A Friend of mine say lta shouldn't approve. The exact word be say.

"this car is fr a new brand right? no agent in spore, no proven safety track, etc. skali anything happen how to find the warranty"

I say warranty his problem and he reply.

"but if the car blow up or cause whole island power failure how?"

Your friend's power plug at home got no circuit breaker ah?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2