Watches IV

Throttle2

How is your Gold Rolex so far, good or not. Keeper or to sell?

Haven't been wearing it much. Dunno why leh. It's been in my winder for ages. No desire to wear it.

That said, I'll keep this one. Looking for a day date now. The 36mm one. Best if can find the bark bezel and/or bracelet. Must have box and paper. Although I have a feeling I am not going to be wearing that one a lot as well. Not now anyway. Maybe in a few years time.

Cannot compare to car lah bro... PI OMV very low, so 10 year annual depreciation may often be higher than if buy from AD. But selling price is lower and hence loan amount is lower so you save on the simple interest.

Watches have no COE, no such thing as PARF. No such thing as number of previous owners. So they will hold a substantial % of its cost price forever. How much the value retention depends a lot on the brand itself. That is why Rolexes are popular. Imagine you are a contractor, you wear a gold Rolex, rest your hand on the kopi tiam table, people automatically know you are immediately liquid to the tune of $20k to $30k at least. So they will do business with you.

Yeah gray dealer is value for money. Brand new AD price compared to gray dealer price is very high. This premium withers away to almost nothing, after a few years. A comparable watch will command only a very slight premium over the overseas AD one.

Watches have no such record of previous owners and in the pre-owned market, this isn't a big issue at all, so for the ultimate bang for buck, you buy for example a 10 year old Rolex Explorer 2 at $4,500 pre-owned with box and papers. I dare say that after you buy it, you can easily sell it at the same price any time you want, even 5, 10, 20 years down the road. So you don't lose money and your only liability is servicing and parts replacement costs.

Ok, borrow your post to quote.

Genuine guidance appreciated. I am on the hunt for my first 'expensive' watch. Not going to jump the gun yet but what I am going to do is to save up every month. I don't have to save to buy, but I know delayed gratification and research can cause less regrets and more satisfying purchase haha. I like Omega and Rolex.

For the longest while, have been targeting a second hand Omega Seamaster Pro. Also in my sight is the Planet Ocean. Now, the Rolex Explorer 2 has caught my eye. The used price for the earlier version is about $5k, bout 2x the SMP. Is it worth to get the Rolex? It's a beautiful brand but I always thought it's for middle aged gentlemen. Am 26.

Thx! Actually I saw another one with box and paper selling at similar price. Still considering

with box and papers seems like a good price.

Also check when it was last serviced.

Haven't been wearing it much. Dunno why leh. It's been in my winder for ages. No desire to wear it.

That said, I'll keep this one. Looking for a day date now. The 36mm one. Best if can find the bark bezel and/or bracelet. Must have box and paper. Although I have a feeling I am not going to be wearing that one a lot as well. Not now anyway. Maybe in a few years time.

Its an age thing, i am sure.

Bark DayDates are not difficult to find, but with box and papers, you may have to pay $1000 more.

Happy hunting

with box and papers seems like a good price.

Also check when it was last serviced.

i made my offer but that guy is firm on his price and the way he replied wasn't so cordial so I'm looking elsewhere.

• Praise 1

i made my offer but that guy is firm on his price and the way he replied wasn't so cordial so I'm looking elsewhere.

I dislike such sellers.

Let him rot.

I suspect he is a dealer/trader

If true owner like us, very friendly one....

Can cham siong one...

I dislike such sellers.

Let him rot.

I suspect he is a dealer/trader

If true owner like us, very friendly one....

Can cham siong one...

Ya so I'm refreshing the page every now and then. Got 2 other polars but one is with box and rsc cert. the other is no box no cert.

Its an age thing, i am sure.

Bark DayDates are not difficult to find, but with box and papers, you may have to pay $1000 more.

Happy hunting

I don't need the box, but papers are essential when buying pre-owned lah....

• Praise 1