Watches IV

Throttle2

what would your recommendation for the following:

money no issue

Rolex watch must be able to be bought and not something found only in museum

not bias towards just gold

likely to appreciate

how?

I say get a vintage Sub or the GMT Coke!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I checked out this watch at the Cartier store, and it looks good. At 40mm, it does wear bigger than expected but still ok for my 6.5" wrist.

My only issue with the watch (and I didn't notice it from the pics earlier) is the crown is quite small compare to the overall size of the watch. And with the crown in a nut shape, that small size is quite difficult to grip and wind. Those with stubby fingers may have difficulty in winding this crown. I have no idea why they made the crown so small. Also, some prefer not to have the date window, but I am quite ok with that. Thickness of around 11.25mm but Cartier knows how to make a thick watch looks slim, so despite the thickness, it still look nice under the sleeve.

Note : Cartier did release an extra flat version (6.6mm vs 11.25mm for the normal one) but only comes in gold and white gold. It doesn't have a date. The shop doesn't have it yet though but should be in the range of above $20k

But overall very decent for a dress watch especially at that price point fior an in-house movement and a sapphire case back display.

good review

looks good

I believe the small nut is so not to distract the beauty of the watch face.

maybe it is just me

buying watch I am guided by these

I buy the best that you can afford

potential to appreciate

otherwise like cars, the day you get the keys the price drop

so far I only own Rolex with one iwc

• Praise 2

what would your recommendation for the following:

money no issue

Rolex watch must be able to be bought and not something found only in museum

not bias towards just gold

likely to appreciate

how?

My 1972 GMT rootbeer 1675 with steel case and 14k bezel head is up for sale.

Not something you will see often.

Only $10380

Or my super tough 1991 SeaDweller 16600 Tritium

Only $8780

Or my Super rare Omega solid gold speedy head from 1989 only $7680

Or a rare and minty Rolex made Tudor Big block 79180 reverse panda only $7680

Or a clean classic Datejust 16234 from 1996 only $4380

The other 42 Rolexes i have are currently not for sale.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Dislike 1

I read those are NBA players.....

They could be thinking why the hell they are given a watch for.

Just as a reward.

It is quite common for the Bosses to splash on solid gold rolexes for the team members of professional sports in the US. American Football, Basketball etc....

• Praise 1

Just as a reward.

It is quite common for the Bosses to splash on solid gold rolexes for the team members of professional sports in the US. American Football, Basketball etc....

I know, what I mean is  these bunch of players is wishing for ferraris and lambos........not rolexs....  [laugh]

The guy who bought for them is John Wall, a fellow player... he spent 600k on these rolexes, which is a just a fraction of his new $170m contract! [shocked]

I know, what I mean is these bunch of players is wishing for ferraris and lambos........not rolexs.... [laugh]

The guy who bought for them is John Wall, a fellow player... he spent 600k on these rolexes, which is a just a fraction of his new $170m contract! [shocked]

Its a nice surprise when your colleague buys you a decent gift, isnt it?

Wishing for ferraris or lambos ? Thats their own taiji.

You dont expect your colleague to buy you a car mah...

If you colleague buys you a gshock, already very nice.

Thtas what it is here, i guess

Wooooohooooo

Rare Tropicalised purple dial 1991 Solid gold Blue Submariner ref 16618 on Custom italian veg Tan leather strap and Solid Gold vibtage Rolex buckle.

post-29925-0-96884400-1514522176_thumb.jpeg

Solid gold Daytona.

Rose gold for charbo ok lah.

Men better dont wear.

Looks damn KuNiang

is that your ex-gf?

my ex-gf recently ask me to recommend her a daily wearer, must have date,automatic movement, bracelet, central second hand

she has small wrist, very rough to watches so I think smaller size Rolex suits her

something like an EXP I with date, is there such a model or similar model from Rolex?

is that your ex-gf?

my ex-gf recently ask me to recommend her a daily wearer, must have date,automatic movement, bracelet, central second hand

she has small wrist, very rough to watches so I think smaller size Rolex suits her

something like an EXP I with date, is there such a model or similar model from Rolex?

Er, no lah. Just a pic i took from the net as i always do.

Regarding small wrists , not to worry becos Rolex make their watches with ladies in mind now.

Even the standard 40mm sports today can be sized down for quite a small wrist.

If she is rough, better to get a warch with an engine turned steel bezel instead of clean bezels (explorer) or precious metal bezels which will show up dents and scratches easier.

If you dont mind breaking the permanent link (like me) for your ex GF any 40mm sports rolex will do.

For that matter, a quinessential Submariner (ref 16610) wont go wrong. My ex GF wears her Sub 16800 with 6 links and Daytona with 8 links.

Or you can go for a classic 15210 oysterdate 34mm with fixed engine turned steel bezel.

Has everything that your ex GF demands.

See below for pics

post-29925-0-31480900-1514725082_thumb.jpeg

post-29925-0-14838700-1514725101_thumb.jpeg

Er, no lah. Just a pic i took from the net as i always do.

Regarding small wrists , not to worry becos Rolex make their watches with ladies in mind now.

Even the standard 40mm sports today can be sized down for quite a small wrist.

If she is rough, better to get a warch with an engine turned steel bezel instead of clean bezels (explorer) or precious metal bezels which will show up dents and scratches easier.

If you dont mind breaking the permanent link (like me) for your ex GF any 40mm sports rolex will do.

For that matter, a quinessential Submariner (ref 16610) wont go wrong. My ex GF wears her Sub 16800 with 6 links and Daytona with 8 links.

Or you can go for a classic 15210 oysterdate 34mm with fixed engine turned steel bezel.

Has everything that your ex GF demands.

See below for pics

thanks bro,I will forward this to her

Happy New Year and we should find a day to ride next year (this needs stars and planets aligned in order to happen)