Watches IV

Throttle2

people said the same of Mercedes over BMW/AUDI but still there are many Mercedes and Rolex. :D :D :D

I know why, i am asking him for his reason.

↡ Advertisement

still find all rolex look the same....:p

i can only differentiate between if its a sports rolex, those taokay rolex 'king' (oyster pepetual?) and the daytona...

• Praise 1

i can only differentiate between if its a sports rolex, those taokay rolex 'king' (oyster pepetual?) and the daytona...

one of the Rolex I appreciate most is the Milgauss which is by far among one of the least common models of Rolex. I find it simple yet elegant and it has a totally different look from the typical rolex.

• Praise 1

one of the Rolex I appreciate most is the Milgauss which is by far among one of the least common models of Rolex. I find it simple yet elegant and it has a totally different look from the typical rolex.

i know chiobu who wears it... [sly]

i know chiobu who wears it... [sly]

But I just wonder why most people tend not to prefer this model and goes for really common ones like Submariner, Explorer and etc...

Opening with a picture....

Throttle ah throttle....

Just realized that you should have named this thread "Watches IIII" in keeping with the tradition of the clockmaker's four.

You don't see Rolex watches with the IV roman index do you?

because not many people know its rolex (without cyclops and bezel).. wearer cannot hao lian . [laugh]

No lah.... Because got no date, no crown guard, and can only go down to 100m depth mah...

Also, the high price premium for green sapphire in the GV is a rip off lah... To attract the same carrot heads as those who pay few k more for green bezel and dial.

Heres a rolex which Looks like a Seiko...

Most classic seikos tend to look like a rolex... [laugh]

Throttle ah throttle....

Just realized that you should have named this thread "Watches IIII" in keeping with the tradition of the clockmaker's four.

You don't see Rolex watches with the IV roman index do you?

Pretty well known fact but I wasnt considering that at all.

Just didnt want to use 4

(edited)

Classic is like that.

The best way to hold value is not to come out with a stupider look year after year.

Same applies to cars......

See how endearing, well liked, successful the 911 is?

Thats the formula to longevity in a brand and product yet capturing the spirit, the heritage and the price....

The Japanese are in more recent years starting to get it.

Edited by Throttle2

AP offshore non standard models are all a big joke.

Haha now the CEO admits how stupid it is to have that many references....

But the stupider ones are the ones who so willingly gave up their money to buy....heee

[cool]

Fool and his money are soon parted eh?

Anyway most AP owners I know keep buying and selling, so no big losses so far.

I think AP thrives on the fact that there are many rich fools around willing to part with their money. The power of marketing.

Fool and his money are soon parted eh?

Anyway most AP owners I know keep buying and selling, so no big losses so far.

I think AP thrives on the fact that there are many rich fools around willing to part with their money. The power of marketing.

Correct......as long as the trading continues, no problem.

Aanyway, this is my personal opinion and why right from the start i dont buy AP.

Theonly APs i will buy if i ever do, are the classic ones and the standard rubberclad SS or RG.

Thinki mentioned this before on this thread

Correct......as long as the trading continues, no problem.

Aanyway, this is my personal opinion and why right from the start i dont buy AP.

Theonly APs i will buy if i ever do, are the classic ones and the standard rubberclad SS or RG.

Thinki mentioned this before on this thread

You can add Hublot and Richard Mille to the list, except that these two lose a lot more $$$ value than AP does after purchasing brand-new.

You can add Hublot and Richard Mille to the list, except that these two lose a lot more $$$ value than AP does after purchasing brand-new.

Added added.