Will u buy Diesel or Petrol Cars in SG

Darky8888

Ya but now ty r gradually reducing the special tax. So that wil mean less revenue fr gharmen which ty wil not accept. The alternative wil b to impose a diesel tax at the pumps to recover their loss.

I doubt ty wil remove the special tax n just leave it at that. [sly]

It will be an administrative nitemare to differentiate btw private & commercial vehicles at the pump. Think about it.

↡ Advertisement

It will be an administrative nitemare to differentiate btw private & commercial vehicles at the pump. Think about it.

Ya that is obvious.

But now already many commercial vehicles hv access to diesel sold at their workplaces like taxi n bus companies or some factories.

I think it wil become norm for commercial vehicles to fill up there n only pvt cars wil b filling up at petrol stations in future.

Then gharmen wil seperate the pvt n commercial users.

But still can fill at the pumps. Look at Msia. Ty hv quite successfully seperated Msia n foreign vehicles at their stations. We can only pump 97 n Msia vehicles can pump 97 & 95.

Even their diesel sold at the petrol stations hv different rules for Msia n foreign vehicles.

If Msia can do it, I think SG sud b able too.

Ya that is obvious.

But now already many commercial vehicles hv access to diesel sold at their workplaces like taxi n bus companies or some factories.

I think it wil become norm for commercial vehicles to fill up there n only pvt cars wil b filling up at petrol stations in future.

Then gharmen wil seperate the pvt n commercial users.

But still can fill at the pumps. Look at Msia. Ty hv quite successfully seperated Msia n foreign vehicles at their stations. We can only pump 97 n Msia vehicles can pump 97 & 95.

Even their diesel sold at the petrol stations hv different rules for Msia n foreign vehicles.

If Msia can do it, I think SG sud b able too.

For Msia, there is no separation in the pump. It still have both 95 & 97 on the same pump. Pump attendant will not care which 1 u pump.

For factory or bus companies, these commercial vehicles have access to these pump. How about those vehicles belong to SME?

It is a nightmare to pump at depot with the long q.

For Msia, there is no separation in the pump. It still have both 95 & 97 on the same pump. Pump attendant will not care which 1 u pump.

For factory or bus companies, these commercial vehicles have access to these pump. How about those vehicles belong to SME?

It is a nightmare to pump at depot with the long q.

1) Actually the pump attendants in Msia r damm ON when a SG car tries to pump 95.

Diesel vehicles of SMEs wil prob have arrangements with several private diesel pumps for their vehicles to b topped up there. Or special diesel stations wil b opened for only these special group of vehicles to use.

Yes it wil b inconvenient but I guess those "outsiders" wil b allocated special timings for them to pump during the off-peak times.

Inconvenience n long Qs r nothing new. Just look at the long snaking Qs at the cway n 2nd link. U think our gharmen cares a damm. Ty only interested in protecting their share of revenue.

Edited by Pisces69

same thotz...

but i was told the EuroIV engine cant take Msia diesel...

so this is a rather turn off..

at least petrol cars, we still drive into Msia without worrying of topping up petrol....

I'm thinking of getting the Grand Scenic diesel (or if the 5008 diesel is brought in even better) sometime next year.

Technically the particulate filter cannot take it. The engine, no problem. Thats why all the Euro IV and above diesels in malaysia have them removed. In SG, it's do at your own risk ah :P

Actually when time to come and when I wanna upgrade to a new car, I think I'll go for diesel. But one question though, I like going on road trips up north.. I wonder what will the pump attendants say if I stop at the diesel pumps. Currently Malaysia has subsides for diesel if I'm not wrong.

Cos now even pumping petrol, they see SG plate, first thing they say, "97 only" even when I'm in Malacca. I thought only JB?

• Praise 1

Those "private pumps" you find at the industrial area are not licensed and it is illegal as far as I know.

As well, since when do we see the govt care if the impact is done on the mass? If they want to tax from the pump and cause inflation, they will just do it. There is nothing that can stop them. Take for example of GST and whitepaper. Despite the strong rejection from the public, we are still moving closer to it.

So let's not be so "optimistic" about a cheaper future. It is either, tax-till-you-die-now or tax-till-you-siao-then-die-later.

Warning bells should have been ringing especially our transport minister stated clearly that the objective is to make driving more unaffordable.

And yes, unaffordable means more expensive if you haven't realise...

to me.. unless the diesel issue is resolved, else i dont see the benefit of getting a diesel car in SG..

i heard Citroen SG is giving warranty for JB diesel...

worth to check it out :)

Hi,

This is not a very tough choice. You just need to figure out your daily run. Diesel is cheaper than petrol but will be economical only if you have a large daily run.

Also, you can look at the option of a used car. It would save you a lot of money and if you buy it from a reliable dealer like Hertz Rent2Buy or Parkers etc, I am sure you would get a great deal.

diesel or petrol is still the same diesel road tax more expensive then petrol type

But if u look at mpv, u pay Cat A coe n 1.6l road tax for diesel. For petrol is cat b coe n at least 1.8l road tax.

Had order GC4P diesel from Citroen. They assure refuel in Malaysia not JB.

I'm giving a try for diesel after some calculation, is still worth while.

Had order GC4P diesel from Citroen. They assure refuel in Malaysia not JB.

I'm giving a try for diesel after some calculation, is still worth while.

So far how is your ride?

refuel in Msia not JB meaning still cant take JB diesel?