Will u buy Diesel or Petrol Cars in SG

Darky8888

Supersonic

I had spec BMW 440GC to the same level as PML. It is more ex than PML le.

U got a 440GC? Thot u driving mini?
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Don't worry too much abt some of the comments. It's always easy to misinterpret n get flamed on forums.

Ask u, for the E220d PI workshop can trust boh? I quite like the new E but find C&C's markup way too greedy. Somemore MB touts this model as the most "technologically advance"....

Most tech advanced means more things to repair

Supersonic

Most tech advanced means more things to repair ð

Precisely. Think even C&C mech blur if something goes wrong w the new E.

U got a 440GC? Thot u driving mini?

i m still driving Mini.

I juz use BMW.DE to spec it to the same level as PML.

Turbocharged

i m still driving Mini.

I juz use BMW.DE to spec it to the same level as PML.

How can it be more ex? How PML make money?
  • Praise 1

How can it be more ex? How PML make money?

If you self import from Germany with the same spec as PML, it will be more expensive.

Wah! Kena whack for my comments :TT_TT:

But I guess I deserve it.

As I was saying, I was overtaking, not hogging the fast lane. I normally drive at 110kmph on inner lane; never had a ticket in 30 years of driving. So I was damn dulan. Flash for what. I will go in after I finish overtaking. So I step on it. I must admit, after that boost, ego does comes in a bit [laugh]

Having said all that, I must agree that emotion has no place while driving. My shiokness can put others and myself in danger. Well, lesson learnt in humility......

As for choice of car, it is not matter of wealth, but what I am willing to pay. I drive like ah pek, perhaps I am better off driving a camry.

Back to the topic of diesel, rocks for for on three points, range, fuel consumption, and torque. In my car in particular, at 140, it was not yet at the highest gear. Somehow the gearbox will maintain the rpm between 1500 to 2000 rpm, at the maximum torque range, all 400nm of it. Therefore the pickup is always great at sane speeds.

Bro, u show traits of our ministars usual shooting from the hip comments ...

• Praise 13

Turbocharged

If you self import from Germany with the same spec as PML, it will be more expensive.

Then we better thank PML for selling cars to us at a loss, they are the true heroes of singapore's economy

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Check with u guys.. those sonatas should be already euro 5 right?

Given their time traveling in the roads, how come their dpf aren't regenerating yet spew black smoke?

Or perhaps the dpf spoil already?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Check with u guys.. those sonatas should be already euro 5 right?

Given their time traveling in the roads, how come their dpf aren't regenerating yet spew black smoke?

Or perhaps the dpf spoil already?

Think onli the I40s may be Euro 5.
  • Praise 2

Petron

Errm.. Btw do u guys think we're being smart here high fiving each other on the virtues of diesel cars while govt is doing a review at this very moment on how to wipe the smirk off our faces?

For those of us who already have the drive, unlikely it will get much more punitive than higher pump prices and perhaps stricter inspections. And after VES kicks in, some of us might enjoy being the rare breed on the roads.

Surely no one can take the joy of the drive away from us, can they?

• Praise 8

Twincharged

For those of us who already have the drive, unlikely it will get much more punitive than higher pump prices and perhaps stricter inspections. And after VES kicks in, some of us might enjoy being the rare breed on the roads.

Surely no one can take the joy of the drive away from us, can they?

They probably can't, but being the rare breed itself comes with punitive outcomes when it comes to sourcing for parts.
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Don't live in fear lah. Enjoy your turbodiesels. Look at the Swift Sport can liao. A victim of bad policy making but extg owners not affected n continue to enjoy it n resale value up becoz new one fell into Car B.

• Praise 3

Torque is for pickup and come in low rpm. At 140km/h it's your horsepower liao.

At 140 km/h, any >3L NA car with higher BHP will make that bugger's turbo diesel smell smoke!

It is NOT about initial torque any more.

End of ego trip. :D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
IMO, want to buy, just buy.

Don't need to worry too much and attempt to second guess what they are trying to do.

For all we know, the next few years maybe some new finding prove petrol cars emit some gas that harm human sperm count?

Then everyone starts to scramble for electric and diesel vehicles lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5