• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
105 replies to this topic | 138 praises

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:02 AM

Clementi123
  • Clementi123
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys,

Anyone has tried changing headlight halogen type to LED?

Basically I am thinking to change my halogen bulb to LED, as I wanted to have a very bright and white look on my car. I need some advice from you guys as below,

Type 3825 / 5050, which type to go?

Then how many LEDs in order to achieve a super bright enough look closer to HID? lol..

Thanks any bros in advanced.
3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Guan87
  • Premium member
    Guan87
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

1. LED lights illegal
2. LED lights the light throw is not as far as halogen light or HID(built in)

you can give osram diamond vision a try. if you want that white look.
Furrynadz and 2 Anonymous members praised this
S.I.N.F.O.N.I.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Aftermarket LED will not work properly. As LED is not as bright as HID, lens needs separate design consideration. In addiition, LED output will be overclock to achieve the same brightness as LED. Heat is also another issue.
Furrynadz and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

Clementi123
  • Clementi123
    Clutched
    Author Image

Will be this type of bulb actually working on cars?

Currently driving old generation mazda 3 and just changed low beam headlight to KW Hybrid 6000K (malaysia brand) type halogen bulb, but I just can't see that difference (in terms of white color effect) compare to other cars. I am not sure if it's due to the projector lens angle issue or the brand or bulb that I am using currently.

Edited by Clementi123, 21 August 2013 - 09:38 PM.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

Clementi123
  • Clementi123
    Clutched
    Author Image

1. LED lights illegal
2. LED lights the light throw is not as far as halogen light or HID(built in)

you can give osram diamond vision a try. if you want that white look.

bro, are you referring to philips diamond vision? from my understanding there 's no osram diamond vision

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Currently driving old generation mazda 3 and just changed low beam headlight to KW Hybrid 6000K (malaysia brand) type halogen bulb, but I just can't see that difference (in terms of white color effect) compare to other cars. I am not sure if it's due to the projector lens angle issue or the brand or bulb that I am using currently.

When you are using halogen, pointless to change bulb. Waste $$$.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

Ckchong8
  • Premium member
    Ckchong8
    4th Gear
    Author Image

bro, are you referring to philips diamond vision? from my understanding there 's no osram diamond vision

I think it Philips Diamond Vision.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

Ckchong8
  • Premium member
    Ckchong8
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Probably the car make design cos my previous mit old model also when change to night breaker no effect. But my newer version toyota, now with night breaker
plus difference from stock.

Regards
Patrick Chong

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:59 AM

S4vtec
  • Premium member
    S4vtec
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I saw the LED bulb on display in HK.. good for pole lights and DRL, not for driving lights. light throw is insufficeent

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Bright white lights blinds the driver in front of you. You'll get cursed so much that you can forget buying TOTO or 4D this lifetime.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bright white lights blinds the driver in front of you. You'll get cursed so much that you can forget buying TOTO or 4D this lifetime.

thumbsup.gif

Always wonder why people want to mess around lights.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

Ihave10cats
  • Ihave10cats
    Clutched
    Author Image

i havent try yet.. will try soon

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

QUOTE (Clementi123 @ Aug 21 2013, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably the car make design cos my previous mit old model also when change to night breaker no effect. But my newer version toyota, now with night breaker
plus difference from stock.

Regards
Patrick Chong

I tried Osram NightBreaker b4. Bulbs only lasted a few months. I wil not buy Osram again.

Now I using Philips but 30% brighter n more lasting. Abt $10 ea only. If I wan very bright I might try the new Philips Xtreme vision. Claimed abt 90% brighter but sud b abt $70/pr.

QUOTE (Clementi123 @ Aug 21 2013, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it Philips Diamond Vision.

Philips Diamond Vision very bright. I dun think its approved for road use. Only for track n rally use.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Glyuen
  • Premium member
    Glyuen
    5th Gear
    Author Image

u can try Osram Nightbreaker Plus. very bright n throw is good. make sure u by the real thing with osram seal intact. sometimes workshop just install n show u sold empty box u won't know whether it is real or chiong one. aliexpress has a lot of chiong night breaker. mine almost 1.5 years n going strong.

2002 Daewoo Nubira (sold)
2001 Hyundai Elantra (scapped)
2007 Proton Savvy (sold)

2006 Chevrolet Optra (current)

2008 Subaru Impreza (current)

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Ckchong8
  • Premium member
    Ckchong8
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I tried Osram NightBreaker b4. Bulbs only lasted a few months. I wil not buy Osram again.

Now I using Philips but 30% brighter n more lasting. Abt $10 ea only. If I wan very bright I might try the new Philips Xtreme vision. Claimed abt 90% brighter but sud b abt $70/pr.

Philips Diamond Vision very bright. I dun think its approved for road use. Only for track n rally use.

Both mine honda n now the toyota using the nightbreaker n nightbreaker plus from 2yrs and 1yr respectively no issue for me.

Heard of the philips diamond vision very bright too but worry will bother other on road so didn't put on.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

Gaolow
  • Premium member
    Gaolow
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I thinking of replace my pole light with some bright bulb and use it as DRL.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

bro, i oso usin osram night breaker; it's the only approved type at 4300k. slightly whiter but still off-white. let's c how long it last as i've been usin for 2 mths.

u can try Osram Nightbreaker Plus. very bright n throw is good. make sure u by the real thing with osram seal intact. sometimes workshop just install n show u sold empty box u won't know whether it is real or chiong one. aliexpress has a lot of chiong night breaker. mine almost 1.5 years n going strong.

ya, orig one made in germany n have 1 year warranty got it from dj.

I thinking of replace my pole light with some bright bulb and use it as DRL.

u can try philips ultinon led t10. but i only can suggest 4200k. 6000k may attract TP.

it's pretty pricey though at 60 a pair unless u have better lobang.

FS

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Both mine honda n now the toyota using the nightbreaker n nightbreaker plus from 2yrs and 1yr respectively no issue for me.

Heard of the philips diamond vision very bright too but worry will bother other on road so didn't put on.

Maybe now the NB is better. Last time when first came out, many pple had problems it only last a few months. Cost $70/pair even so not cheap.

I never had issue with Philips b4. Used Vision Plus n now Premium.

Philips DV si not approved here but dunno if TP wil catch or not? Light quite blinding n might irritate others.

Now Philips got new type. Xtreme. Maybe I try but current bulb is 30% brighter n I find quite enough for Msia roads.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

1) bro, i oso usin osram night breaker; it's the only approved type at 4300k. slightly whiter but still off-white. let's c how long it last as i've been usin for 2 mths.

2) ya, orig one made in germany n have 1 year warranty got it from dj.

u can try philips ultinon led t10. but i only can suggest 4200k. 6000k may attract TP.

1) Philips also got colour abt 4300K. Last time was Vision Plus but now the name changed.

2) Yr NB one pair how much? N where is DJ?

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

bro, i oso usin osram night breaker; it's the only approved type at 4300k. slightly whiter but still off-white. let's c how long it last as i've been usin for 2 mths.

ya, orig one made in germany n have 1 year warranty got it from dj.

The ultinon 6000k I saw Stamford selling 29.90
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Back to Cosmetics  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Changing, halogen, Changing and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users