Changing halogen to LED

Clementi123

I ever kena that extension wire, the wire melt the fuse no effect leh...you know where is from ah.

U toking abt those home use extension wire ah?

Those u MUST unroll the whole length of wire b4 use cos otherwise the wire can overheat n melt.

U toking abt those home use extension wire ah?

Those u MUST unroll the whole length of wire b4 use cos otherwise the wire can overheat n melt.

It well unroll to whole length and you getting the bulb from the same make right ?

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I'm new here, but I am in this industry. LED headlight bulb is illegal yet, because of its cut-off line, but its making progress and legal one will be available soon. As for brightness, its definitely brighter than halogen, and current LED headlight bulb can be as bright as HID (I got the test data).

Hi, I'm new here, but I am in this industry. LED headlight bulb is illegal yet, because of its cut-off line, but its making progress and legal one will be available soon. As for brightness, its definitely brighter than halogen, and current LED headlight bulb can be as bright as HID (I got the test data).

led is bright and throw is not to there.

Neutral Newbie

led is bright and throw is not to there.

probably its due to problem of cut-off light. light beams are dispersed. try the so-called all in one type. the best light shapes among all LED headlight bulbs at present. At least its better than halogen [:)]

Actually I don't think authorities will really care. Quite a number cars are retrofitted with HID kits. Besides, if your car has a projector like housing, no one will really know. The only time they'll know is during inspection.

bro, i oso usin osram night breaker; it's the only approved type at 4300k. slightly whiter but still off-white. let's c how long it last as i've been usin for 2 mths.

ya, orig one made in germany n have 1 year warranty got it from dj.

u can try philips ultinon led t10. but i only can suggest 4200k. 6000k may attract TP.

it's pretty pricey though at 60 a pair unless u have better lobang.

update - night breaker still ok though i drive less than 30 mins per night for 2-3 nights / wk; philips ultinon 4300k still ok after 1 yr (installed somewhr nov 2013).

But any particular car's reflectors and headlamp assembly is designed for its original bulbs.

Halogen light emit from a single point, HID from a longer arc and LED can be from all over the damn cylinder or whatever housing the bulb uses.

Even if your bulb it self emits more 'light', if the optics and the bulb are not matched, you end up with a dimmer view of the road.

For those guys on Halogen, I think the best replacement is to get HIR bulbs (not HID). Halogen Infra-Red. Those are expensive and I have not seen any on sale in SG. Will have to source from net. And HIR would be LTA friendly too.

update - night breaker still ok though i drive less than 30 mins per night for 2-3 nights / wk; philips ultinon 4300k still ok after 1 yr (installed somewhr nov 2013).

My Halogen Diamond vision still going strong.

Installed in March 2013.

My night breaker last me more than 2 yrs.... 1 pcs has gone (realise it over weekend) but since I bought 2 box (4 pcs), i used 1 of the spare and have another 1 for spare... My usage is very minimal, 7 to 15 hrs a week only. Guess either Im lucky or it last so long due to my low usage.

My night breaker last me more than 2 yrs.... 1 pcs has gone (realise it over weekend) but since I bought 2 box (4 pcs), i used 1 of the spare and have another 1 for spare... My usage is very minimal, 7 to 15 hrs a week only. Guess either Im lucky or it last so long due to my low usage.

I think that's a possibility since brighter means hotter. 7-15 hrs / wk quite a lot. U do night work? I max less than u coz wkday seldom drive

I think that's a possibility since brighter means hotter. 7-15 hrs / wk quite a lot. U do night work? I max less than u coz wkday seldom drive

Yup, usually knock off after 8pm on wkdays. majority of the hours clocked during weekends.

lately have been very pissed off to see more and more vehicles owners ILLEGALLY switch halogen bulb to LED bulb, including use of fog light which converted to LED as well..

will be on part time mission (whenever i am free to report) to capture the footage and submitting to authorities for review. 

as starter to owner vehicle KIA CERATO reg. number SJR2523G travelling toward Bukit Panjang Ring Road, unfortunately you are selected 1st as last night its really pissed me off already. 

photo captured 9/Jul/2019, time 800pm~830pm

post-135813-0-45109500-1562719566_thumb.jpg

post-135813-0-56032100-1562719578_thumb.jpg

post-135813-0-67176200-1562719598_thumb.jpg

post-135813-0-93588900-1562719771_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3
  • Dislike 2

(edited)

I think the cerato is using HID lights. LEDs dont give out such high lumens. HIDs even at temp colour of 4200K (slight yellow colour) is also very bright. I think the owner is also using HIDs for the fog lights as well.

I have bought aftermarket LED headlight bulbs before. They will never give such glaringly bright blinding effect. Only slightly brighter than halogens. No matter how bright the packaging says about the LEDs it will be disappointingly not bright. LoL...

HIDs should only be used for headlights that come with projector housing and lens that focus the light beams to where it's intended. Those headlights which houses light scattering deflectors(like the cerato) are more suited for using LED or halogen bulbs.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement