Durian Sellers Going Door-To-Door

Sunny

This one I met before also. Also told me some sob story....like their family in debt or something. I just gave some excuse and reject them nicely.

I was just thinking these young people got youth, got hands/legs why don't just find a job if they are really in need of money??? [confused]

totally agree with you which yesterday I told the same thing to my kids

↡ Advertisement

Mind telling us which area is it ?

punggol/sengkang

I believe they will be combing everywhere

This ice-cream thing I kena before! Was juz before this yr CNY.

2 teens abt 14 yo proclaiming to be bro n sis ( bengish n abit lian) tried selling me those

block ice-cream tat we see on mobile ice- cream motorcycle.

Told me some sob story, then follow by say left only 2 in their icebox. Out of pity, ask him how much?

$25/block!!! [furious] somemore ask me to take both!!!

I was like huh!!!??? [dizzy]

You guys even bother to open the door to entertain these people?! For me i usually just ignore and dont even open the door, just let them knock the door until they sian and walk off. -_-

Nowadays Durian sellers going door-to-door?

My MIL kana conned $160 today ($13/kg) for so call mao shan wang durians.

I find it not worth even $50 and doubted even reached the weight.

mai kong liao.....kong liao kek sim + lao sai [bigcry]

Warn your old folks at home, not to buy any of them. They probably go around in late morning/afternoon looking for "easy" target when most people are usually working.

Daylight robbery! :angry:

Thanks TS, for the warning. Have informed my durian-addict OC [;)]

I always see these are the Hawker centre at Toh Yi Market. Standing by the stairs to the hawker centre with a partially cut durian...last week, I was surprised they even go from table to table trying to sell their durian...its quite obvious its not good grade cos no smell....

• Praise 1

now still have some street hawkers selling kalipok, otah, gao luk, etc. find them at MRT stations during peak hours, people also happy to buy.

durians is common place la.... i have got OTAH sellers that come in Malaysian registered vans, set up their charcoal pits, and do a otah bbq right in front of the crowded common bus stop . normally lasts about 1 hour before they hurriedly load everything back onto the van, whom will circle theestate and pck thm up ....

called NEA no action, by the time these sleeping fellas come, the hawkers would have reach KL already. call the police they say not under their jurisdiction, advise to call NEA.

now still have some street hawkers selling kalipok, otah, gao luk, etc. find them at MRT stations during peak hours, people also happy to buy.

Looks like street hawkers business are booming! They are selling anything and everything at everywhere and anywhere! [rolleyes]

gao luk :wub: :wub: my fav.

but prices now [knife] still can resist the temptation. how much now? $5/300gm? [knife] [knife]

Twincharged

This ice-cream thing I kena before! Was juz before this yr CNY.

2 teens abt 14 yo proclaiming to be bro n sis ( bengish n abit lian) tried selling me those

block ice-cream tat we see on mobile ice- cream motorcycle.

Told me some sob story, then follow by say left only 2 in their icebox. Out of pity, ask him how much?

$25/block!!! [furious] somemore ask me to take both!!!

I was like huh!!!??? [dizzy]

Now they sell so expensive ar? Used to do that also. But I sell at $10 per box only lo. Plus I gave discount if they buy more than 3 boxes... The teens like to do it cuz only need to work at night from 6pm-10pm and one night can earn $200-$300. Now they sell at $25 per box must be earning even more.

I didn't bother wasting time telling stories. Just ask want to buy or not and buy more than 3 got discount. Found that its faster that way cuz I spend less than 2min at each house and can cover alot more houses per night.

Edited by Nzy

Kenna con before. Damage was $70!!!

better off buying durians at Giant tampines carpark (was there 2 weeks ago). prices openly declared $12/each, $20 for 3, $10 for 3, $5/each etc (not MSW though)

not pushy to ask u buy another one

Now they sell so expensive ar? Used to do that also. But I sell at $10 per box only lo. Plus I gave discount if they buy more than 3 boxes... The teens like to do it cuz only need to work at night from 6pm-10pm and one night can earn $200-$300. Now they sell at $25 per box must be earning even more.

I didn't bother wasting time telling stories. Just ask want to buy or not and buy more than 3 got discount. Found that its faster that way cuz I spend less than 2min at each house and can cover alot more houses per night.

Yup! The timing I encounter is ard 8pm+....

$10/box I would find it reasonable... Some more 3 boxes got discount!!! [laugh]

Let me know if u ever become ice cream man again...

I will PM u my address! [:p]

You guys even bother to open the door to entertain these people?! For me i usually just ignore and dont even open the door, just let them knock the door until they sian and walk off. -_-

I didn't see the boy carrying any stuff with him...

Juz saw a boy standing there.

After door open liao, then sigh... His sis come along with the

white styrofoam box...

Supercharged

Well, I felt I had to find out who it is knocking at my door...maybe it could be a delivery or really looking for me (or someone in my family).

I was just trying to be polite lah... <_<

Supercharged

better off buying durians at Giant tampines carpark (was there 2 weeks ago). prices openly declared $12/each, $20 for 3, $10 for 3, $5/each etc (not MSW though)

not pushy to ask u buy another one

Now they move upstairs to the aircon area, just outside the customer service counter, near to the food court. No more at car park liao.

I was there last Fri evening. The crowd around the durian sector did create a bit of a "human jam"....

I urge all human being never never buy from them.

My mum kena conned $150 for 6 small (so called mao san Wang) ) durian.

End up open and only 2 can eat. :angry:

All human being Pls don't be the next victim.

Twincharged

Yup! The timing I encounter is ard 8pm+....

$10/box I would find it reasonable... Some more 3 boxes got discount!!! [laugh]

Let me know if u ever become ice cream man again...

I will PM u my address! [:p]

Haha. When I started that time still not many people doing this la. Now like alot already. Last time each box we only had to return $4+ to the guy in charge. So whatever price we sell-$4+ is what we get per box lo. But always hear people saying things like $12 also have people buying. Then slowly the price keep increasing already lo.

Edited by Nzy

Actually by logic also should know these kind of door to door durian sellers would be up to no good or peddling inferior quality durians. Just think about it. If durians are good and they are proper durian seller, they only need to set up stall to sell and customers will naturally flock to them. If they need to bring the durians all the way to your door step, it actually increases their over head costs and also why do they need to do this if their durians are good? If durians are good, there is really no need for them to peddle it door to door. It would have all been sold before they need to do this.

That is why I always tell my mum to reject such door to door durian sellers when they drop by. My mum is always the soft hearted type and kena conned once when I was not around, buying $100 durians which most of them turn out inferior. Second time the durian peddler came and lucky I was around. She agreed for the seller to open couple of durians at S$12/kg. Fortunately I heard and came outside to take a look. They put one of the durian into the bag and was about to open the second one when I took out the first durian and inspected it. I noticed most of the flesh in other side of durian (they normally made one small opening to show durian is ripe at one side) is not ripe and told them straight that why would we wanna buy such inferior quality durians for S$12/kg when (i)it is not ripe, and (ii)S$12/kg should belong to premium type of durians such as MSW but the durians they are selling is definitely very normal type of durians (I can easily identify whether durians are MSW species when I inspect it)? I straight away reject and close the door. They protested and I got tough with them telling if they still wanna persist, I will be calling the police soon to deal with them. They no choice and walked away.

Its always the elderly who is easily conned. We always try to educate them but turned out they still get soft hearted and gave in easily. But for us is best to reinforce the idea into their head to reject any peddlers who came door to door.

Edited by Damienic
↡ Advertisement