Durian Sellers Going Door-To-Door

Sunny

ya...there is once at Kovan hawker centre, a guy ask me to buy those key-chain type of soft toy.

told me he is a a ex-convict (whole body all tatoo).

somemore wear a t-shirt thats say something like give a chance to yellow ribbon thingy.

I encountered this twice recently in upmarket shopping centres like wisma.

↡ Advertisement

Nowadays Durian sellers going door-to-door?

My MIL kana conned $160 today ($13/kg) for so call mao shan wang durians.

I find it not worth even $50 and doubted even reached the weight.

mai kong liao.....kong liao kek sim + lao sai [bigcry]

Warn your old folks at home, not to buy any of them. They probably go around in late morning/afternoon looking for "easy" target when most people are usually working.

kids selling icecream also got door to door service [:p]

• Praise 1

I think they should move back to carpark open area not so strong odour as indoor (it's a love/hate fruit)

leave the indoor space for credit card pests [knife] seriously I hated those pushy credit card touting to the core when I don't need one.

U nvr shop inside the Giant supermarket izzit? Their permanent durian counter is inside the fruits section. They were only at those mentioned areas temporarily.

Twincharged

haha..is ok to give them some benefit of doubts...some may be earning money to buy Cigarette... [laugh]

At least I wasn't doing that to buy cigarettes. Had to do that cuz my dad bought me a car but said I need to pay road tax, insurance and petrol by myself. That was the highest paying job I found at that time while still working part time and only in the evenings.

Edited by Nzy

You guys even bother to open the door to entertain these people?! For me i usually just ignore and dont even open the door, just let them knock the door until they sian and walk off. -_-

I 've a different experience altogether.

These teenagers come knocking, selling Magnum. As it turned up to be, it's same price as the 7-11 store next blk.

They earned honestly.

if you like ice-cream, or for that matter any merchandise, and the price is acceptable or even if it's a few cent more, why not patronise. Not all use the moneys for cig. There are those whose families are not able to afford basics like bus fares.

Nowadays Durian sellers going door-to-door?

My MIL kana conned $160 today ($13/kg) for so call mao shan wang durians.

I find it not worth even $50 and doubted even reached the weight.

mai kong liao.....kong liao kek sim + lao sai [bigcry]

Warn your old folks at home, not to buy any of them. They probably go around in late morning/afternoon looking for "easy" target when most people are usually working.

Next time tell your MIL that for such things, because the stock they carry around is limited, choice so limited so better dun buy.

U nvr shop inside the Giant supermarket izzit? Their permanent durian counter is inside the fruits section. They were only at those mentioned areas temporarily.

when inside Giant, those packet ones, hardly anyone buys.

at carpark, so many people dangled around them

I 've a different experience altogether.

These teenagers come knocking, selling Magnum. As it turned up to be, it's same price as the 7-11 store next blk.

They earned honestly.

if you like ice-cream, or for that matter any merchandise, and the price is acceptable or even if it's a few cent more, why not patronise. Not all use the moneys for cig. There are those whose families are not able to afford basics like bus fares.

True also, if you really want to buy the product that they are selling, can consider buy from these people lo, if the price is not ridiculously overpriced.

now still have some street hawkers selling kalipok, otah, gao luk, etc. find them at MRT stations during peak hours, people also happy to buy.

just have to wait for one serious case of food poisioning....

I always see those durian stalls outside supermarkets with different labellings and pricings, but all come out from the SAME basket. So any ordinary durian can become MSW and so on.... [laugh]

Edited by Kangadrool

just have to wait for one serious case of food poisioning....

it was so common in the past and no serious mass destruction before :D as long as they are not becoming like china with all the poison food [:(]

Supercharged

ya...there is once at Kovan hawker centre, a guy ask me to buy those key-chain type of soft toy.

told me he is a a ex-convict (whole body all tatoo).

somemore wear a t-shirt thats say something like give a chance to yellow ribbon thingy.

This type I encounter twice. Once was in front International Plaza. Second time I forgot where liao... Same pattern - full body tatoo, wear yellow ribbon t-shirt...Actually they should at least cover-up more. I think most people see them body so many tatoo already half scared liao... [sweatdrop]

How come the Yellow Ribbon project didn't help them find a job leh...? [:/]

That's why for $150, must buy 包吃 lor. Otherwise, just stick to those boxes one.

Best is they don't come in nite hour cos they know nite time got more miao people around so not easy to con.

Afternoon mostly are those ah ma so easy target [laugh]

My mum is one of the targeted victim