GST hike more likely if...

Mustank

Cheng Hu BOH Lui Liao lah........

Government Debt in Singapore increased to 496028 SGD Million in the third quarter of 2017 from 483356.20 SGD Million in the second quarter of 2017. Government Debt in Singapore averaged 208132.50 SGD Million from 1990 until 2017, reaching an all time high of 496028 SGD Million in the third quarter of 2017. image.jpeg image.jpeg

Can convert to billion?
↡ Advertisement

no scare no scare

ST says ah gong got money ... issue jin jui bonds for shiok only ... hehe

in 2017 (this video) this writer says ah gong got enough money to spend

how come in 2018 ah gong says money no enough liao and must raise tax? [sly]

1 year only ... the milo tin bo lui liao ar?

Because need billions to fund the new terminal.

Why Singapore needs Changi Airport Terminal 5, to fly higher

The mega terminal, which will make up nearly half the airport, spells opportunities beyond the aviation industry. The challenge? How to keep it feeling cosy and "like home" for travellers.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/singapore-changi-airport-terminal-5-t5-sia-aviation-9940744

Dont mind lar.....if thats what it takes to live in Singapore......i wont mind paying a higher gst. Safe and lighted streets, good public transportation (but can be better).........whats 8 bucks per 100 bucks as tax if it provides a safe and better environment. I really dont wan my SG to be like MY, Indo and Pinoyland.

Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1

Money has to come from somewhere. If not you, then who?

Don't disagree, but have they started looking into saving costs first before asking more money from the people?

Many things are spent beyond the budget and they are still millions for themselves. The spendings can be reduced and cut unnecessary spendings. And by slashing the ministers' salaries by about 50 to 70 per cent, the country can really save a lot to pay for other more necessary needed for the nation and people. 

What?

I think 2% is still reasonable

Doing it twice is really shxt.

If pull through the double increase... then HSK is likely PM candidate already lor.

2% is not ok if the govt continues to overspend the budget. 

Don't disagree, but have they started looking into saving costs first before asking more money from the people?

Many things are spent beyond the budget and they are still millions for themselves. The spendings can be reduced and cut unnecessary spendings. And by slashing the ministers' salaries by about 50 to 70 per cent, the country can really save a lot to pay for other more necessary needed for the nation and people. 

2% is not ok if the govt continues to overspend the budget. 

All ministry departments are given a budget. Even if they do not need that much money, they will spend all of it just so that they could be allocated the same or more next time.

Ministers and superscale civil servants have very high salaries. Even if their pays are stagnated for a few years, they are still the highest paid in the world.

The distribution of money top down is similar to big corporations so Singapore is run like a business.

This is where I get to say, you people deserved what you voted for.

• Praise 10

All ministry departments are given a budget. Even if they do not need that much money, they will spend all of it just so that they could be allocated the same or more next time.

Ministers and superscale civil servants have very high salaries. Even if their pays are stagnated for a few years, they are still the highest paid in the world.

The distribution of money top down is similar to big corporations so Singapore is run like a business.

This is where I get to say, you people deserved what you voted for.

i hate using gebiz for small purchases.....the mark-up by vendors is such a waste. Well.....eversince they disallow petty cash claims the vendors are having a field day.

What?

I think 2% is still reasonable

Doing it twice is really shxt.

If pull through the double increase... then HSK is likely PM candidate already lor.

It's a done and sealed deal !

Dont mind lar.....if thats what it takes to live in Singapore......i wont mind paying a higher gst. Safe and lighted streets, good public transportation (but can be better).........whats 8 bucks per 100 bucks as tax if it provides a safe and better environment. I really dont wan my SG to be like MY, Indo and Pinoyland.

It's $11 for every $100 spent that you're going to pay in taxes (GST) in time to come.

It's a done and sealed deal !

It's $11 for every $100 spent that you're going to pay in taxes (GST) in time to come.

keyword is in time to come. 70% voted for it, right? And many are happy with the coe's price eventhough our car price is the highest in the world.....they even say its good cause it makes the road clearer. Even with the higher gst, i doubt i get any rebates, well, maybe minimal but if it keeps the country going, why complain.

Sorry chum....but these are all basic stuff that every reasonable government has to provide.

The one good thing that stands out and not due to the credit of the government is that we touch wood have no major natural disasters.

If there are earthquakes (TW), mudslides (VN), sinkholes and hurricanes (USA), we will spend shitloads doing disaster recovery.

A lot of people however mistakenly credit this to the pappies...no natural calamities is due to pap..muayhaha

Goodness they cant even deal with heavy rains aka flash floods...

Yes we gotta be thankful for...thankful for the absence of major Mother Nature calamities...

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 2

"What will make you need to raise GST? Profligate spending and irresponsible, unsustainable plans. That is what will hurt and require you to raise taxes and GST."

Cheng Hu BOH Lui Liao lah........

Government Debt in Singapore increased to 496028 SGD Million in the third quarter of 2017 from 483356.20 SGD Million in the second quarter of 2017. Government Debt in Singapore averaged 208132.50 SGD Million from 1990 until 2017, reaching an all time high of 496028 SGD Million in the third quarter of 2017.attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Wow we are in debt...is it ownself owe ownself or ownself owe outsiders?

Temasick and GIC must be losing loads until teng kor...??

Where is the prezident who said she will be the guardian of our reserves? [:p]

Wow we are in debt...is it ownself owe ownself or ownself owe outsiders?

Temasick and GIC must be losing loads until teng kor...??

Where is the prezident who said she will be the guardian of our reserves? [:p]

It's Zheng Hu owe us....

That's pretty rubbish reasoning even for a one-liner statement

Everything can be seen as an excuse right. Then what excuses u want to give?

Just like their plan to increase social spending by slashing the Mindef budget by 50%

lousy logic to justify suddenly 4 billion dollars per year appearing out of nowhere.

• Praise 1

That's pretty rubbish reasoning even for a one-liner statement

Everything can be seen as an excuse right. Then what excuses u want to give?

Just like their plan to increase social spending by slashing the Mindef budget by 50%

lousy logic to justify suddenly 4 billion dollars per year appearing out of nowhere.

dont shoot the messenger

↡ Advertisement