GST hike more likely if...

Mustank

but, be prepared, anything beyond the basic necessity consumption level will be mercilessly taxed

That one ok la,, since those people who consume beyond the basic necessity consumption level are Rich people and therefore can be taxed much more...

↡ Advertisement

I feel the government reserve, once reach a certain point liao should just maintain. Any excess should contribute back the citizen in one form or another. KNN, CPF they also have ceiling, then why not government reserves????

got ah.. you didnt get any national bonus meh???

thought reserve is budgeted from one election to the next, any earning/access are push into reserve???

so not really can set a ceiling??

got ah.. you didnt get any national bonus meh???

thought reserve is budgeted from one election to the next, any earning/access are push into reserve???

so not really can set a ceiling??

simi national bonus.... can't smell a fart....

Not sure if this was mentioned beforeor something... but I always wonder what happened to the $ collected from Singapore pools and the integrated resorts....

$50M++ to operate yearly the gardens by the knnbay.. thats where it goes.. soon jewel will also prob cost same if not more, so must get more to gamble, pay high coe, leverage n maybe suicide lol

Edited by Duckduck

remember the last time they raise GST.. the kopi at coffee shop price keeps shooting up and never stop..

we shall all change our diet to eat gold..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

My Source told me GST will be raised to 10% next year, to be announced during the Budget. This Source is usually accurate.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

My Source told me GST will be raised to 10% next year, to be announced during the Budget. This Source is usually accurate.

10% GST + 10% service charge is no joke [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

Supersonic

10% GST + 10% service charge is no joke [sweatdrop]

The worst part is that at times, there the 'service' does not even apply. Further, the mandatory svc charge does not even go to the svc staff. Its essentially an additional cost to the bill, thats it.

I forsee the main bulk of such noose coming in 2016 onwards n should taper off, by 2018 n become peaceful.

• Praise 2

The worst part is that at times, there the 'service' does not even apply. Further, the mandatory svc charge does not even go to the svc staff. Its essentially an additional cost to the bill, thats it.

I forsee the main bulk of such noose coming in 2016 onwards n should taper off, by 2018 n become peaceful.

That's why business must continue to stir and make increases all the way to the next erection to create the effect.

I agree that 2016 is a good timing to raise fees so that any unhappiness will be taken out in the next PE, which remain harmless to the MIW when next GE comes. Most important is to spread the words to the beloved foreigners that any gov fees increase affects them. Get them to see the whole picture since they are staying here long term.

But as of now, the 70% dafts will never understand.

I am not saying gov cannot increase fees and stay at current levels that they go bankrupt.

Increase only at the rate to maintain the proper upkeep and not to keep up with "private" rates.

• Praise 2

can i go back to your source to quote "botak" said in GE no raise GST
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

can i go back to your source to quote "botak" said in GE no raise GST

"Say" only mah.

Got sign contract in black and white cannot raise GST?  [laugh]
  • Praise 2

"Say" only mah.

Got sign contract in black and white cannot raise GST? [laugh]

It's called changing economic and demographic conditions. [laugh]
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

"Say" only mah.

Got sign contract in black and white cannot raise GST? [laugh]

That was brought up during 2011? Should b superceded in 2015, if nothing is said to extend.

From 2011, the 5yr unlimited mileage warranty expiring liao.

↡ Advertisement