Micron Spore retrench staff

Forte3737

In 2008, many also lost their job with micron n intel joint venture. Semicon industry has always been like that.

imflash?

that one havent start production already close down. sibei power.

my friend was still on training in US side.

ya i has been in this line for > 10 years... i would say the semicon business in sg is getting worst over the years... the semicon player basically cant forecast their business for long term..only the big player like TSMC, samsung can survive...what singapore player doing now is just to eat the remaining that those big player left. but SSMC still pretty good i heard...they are hiring

for those in this line better save for rainy day...switch industry also too late now....hmm eat grass also expensive la..lots of my frens just kanna retrenched like that over the years...some switch to insurance and property...but they are doing pretty good now after few years struggling...some of them even become taxi driver den market good go back ...market bad do taxi driver again.....

ya i has been in this line for > 10 years... i would say the semicon business in sg is getting worst over the years... the semicon player basically cant forecast their business for long term..only the big player like TSMC, samsung can survive...what singapore player doing now is just to eat the remaining that those big player left. but SSMC still pretty good i heard...they are hiring

In Singapore...most fabs are global company lah.....there is no stand alone fab in Singapore region..

ya agree...this is for sure...future of singapore will be mainly service sector + oil and gas...

u need to learn how to smile and lick boot

i mean the previous chartered (GFS) haha , they r no longer local company

Downturn cycle is normal in this industry. If you stay long enough. Is just a walk in the park. Of course, people come people go. It the same in every industry.

with all these bad news; GST is expected to increase; must go bang table with boss to increase Salary, other I will show boss the middle finger

imflash?

that one havent start production already close down. sibei power.

my friend was still on training in US side.

Thought imflash delay in their production? They closed down liao? :blink: I have one ex colleague also one of the pioneer batch who joined imflash and went to US for training.

Hope no one affected. is there a slowdown in the electronics sector?

Never been well for very long Liao yup very violate industry

If they are well they are very well, if down means down

The bigger boys long ago went out Liao

Cham lar haiz [bigcry] [bigcry]

thought the economy is doing quite well. its too sudden

i believe those report? a lot of MNC factories have been either reduce workforce or totally quit Singapore for good since last year.

Micron not doing good so long already, tyco is closing down and shifting to China, etc..

↡ Advertisement