Micron Spore retrench staff

Forte3737

My dad worked in Texas Instruments, then Micron. Hope and pray every time will kenna but no such luck. He finally reached 62 last year and was converted to contract staff

↡ Advertisement

My dad worked in Texas Instruments, then Micron. Hope and pray every time will kenna but no such luck. He finally reached 62 last year and was converted to contract staff

I guess retrenchment usually will target at those young staff or mid to low level staff, so that the payout benefit would not be too high. Imagine if you retrench a senior level managment staff who salary might earn $8k and more?!

It's all about timing. This time round the uncles who are close to retirement are laughing all the way to the bank especially those non engr & managers. Max 24 mths + !!! However places is limited... 5% of 7500.

imflash?

that one havent start production already close down. sibei power.

my friend was still on training in US side.

IMFlash restarted in 2010. It then went on to be Micron Fab10 in 2012 when the partnership between Intel and Micron re-structured.

when its an up cycle it's really good wasn't it? in early 2000s I recall Tech paying 10+ months bonus etc....

Yup... those were the days man ..... now it's the other end of pay freeze and retrenchment ... [bigcry]

when its an up cycle it's really good wasn't it? in early 2000s I recall Tech paying 10+ months bonus etc....

It is a passage of no return.

Last time one notebook PC sells at $3,000 and now the notebook PC sells at $300.

Electronic stuffs are getting cheaper and the profit margin is very low.

How to secure that type of bonus nowadays?

Allow me to share my story.

use to handle Vietnam, Australia and malaysia markets. Monthly sales turnover 27million .

yes profit are thin but volume huge..if your boss take care of you. Monthly 8k is possible .....but now, can smell, 4k讨笑lor

Still got retrenchment payouts not so bad. Now some companies will ask you to resign. [bigcry]

Ya, some companies not bad.

Let me share my experience with my ex company. I wanted to resign and as a courtesy, I called up my CEO (although I dont report directly to him). Then guess what? He told me dont resign. He is going to "retrench" me!!! So I got the retrenchment benefits! [laugh]

Turbocharged

use to handle Vietnam, Australia and malaysia markets. Monthly sales turnover 27million .

yes profit are thin but volume huge..if your boss take care of you. Monthly 8k is possible .....but now, can smell, 4k讨笑lor

wah..no wonder wear nice rollies...keke

Turbocharged

someone mentioned semicon can go the way of solar pv cells....

however looking at REC the outlook is equally bleak, if not worse...

I no wear rolies lei [laugh]

During 2004 was the good times. Yearly can hit 200k..cos prc still need talents like singaporeans to liaise with western counterparts. ...but now . U be lucky if they dont eat u up

↡ Advertisement