Lexus RX lease ...

Prozac

Read on ad yesterday.

RX lease from 1888 per month.

Works out to be 226560 over 10 years.

Any one has details? Couldn't call in time...

↡ Advertisement

The ad says from $1888 but i doubt the actual leasing amount that you pay is $1888, should be much higher. Cause the cost price of a RX is not cheap.

new one is 300 over grand...plus they cover insurance servicing etc inside...think too good to be true..prob need to down a sum of money first

Read on ad yesterday.

why dun u call BM today n tell us? but be prepared to be disappointed.......

Turbocharged

why dun u call BM today n tell us? but be prepared to be disappointed.......

when its too good to be true, its too good to be true [laugh] [laugh]

Even if we are paying the same monthly payment whether it is lease or owned, I just wonder if we will have a same kind of "attachment" to our car if lease long term vs own purchase. I think I will take better care if I own it hence have a stronger "attachment" to it. Not sure how others feel.

Even if we are paying the same monthly payment whether it is lease or owned, I just wonder if we will have a same kind of "attachment" to our car if lease long term vs own purchase. I think I will take better care if I own it hence have a stronger "attachment" to it. Not sure how others feel.

Actually, i would feel 'liberated' without having to worry abt polishing kilat kilat, parking next to blue pickups & carpark dings, bird s--t droppings, kerb rash, etc. :D

Actually, i would feel 'liberated' without having to worry abt polishing kilat kilat, parking next to blue pickups & carpark dings, bird s--t droppings, kerb rash, etc. :D

yah man...to hell if i ever wash it...let it get that frozen look from dust....hahahaahah

no pride in the ride anymore

The ad says from $1888 but i doubt the actual leasing amount that you pay is $1888, should be much higher. Cause the cost price of a RX is not cheap.

Didn't call the RX leasing one, but called for a Suzuki Swift on Saturday (advertisement on sgcarmart). IIRC, advertised for $988 P.M.

When I called, I was told $988 for first 6 months, then jump to $1617 to $1988, depending on the duration of the lease. $1617 should be for the 6 year lease. If break lease, have to pay 50% x remaining months x monthly leasing cost. So, after using for two years, left four years, if break, need to pay two years worth of lease. Though they took care of insurance, servicing, maintenance and road tax. We only pay usage (aka parking, fuel, erp).

Worth it?

For this scheme, no. Coz leasing supposed to provide flexibility. If break lease need to pay so much, what's the difference from buying and then not breaking even on the loan and paying back the extra when sellign early? Meh.. Maybe lease older cars can ba..

Read on ad yesterday.

Balloon Scheme [nod]

Didn't call the RX leasing one, but called for a Suzuki Swift on Saturday (advertisement on sgcarmart). IIRC, advertised for $988 P.M.

When I called, I was told $988 for first 6 months, then jump to $1617 to $1988, depending on the duration of the lease. $1617 should be for the 6 year lease. If break lease, have to pay 50% x remaining months x monthly leasing cost. So, after using for two years, left four years, if break, need to pay two years worth of lease. Though they took care of insurance, servicing, maintenance and road tax. We only pay usage (aka parking, fuel, erp).

Worth it?

For this scheme, no. Coz leasing supposed to provide flexibility. If break lease need to pay so much, what's the difference from buying and then not breaking even on the loan and paying back the extra when sellign early? Meh.. Maybe lease older cars can ba..

if it is too good to be true, it is...

if it is too good to be true, it is...

Sounded too good to be true, so I called and check. I rather lease from rental companies or such.. With lower minimum lease period without or with low breakage costs.

Sounded too good to be true, so I called and check.

can share what are the T&C of the lease from BM?

can share what are the T&C of the lease from BM?

I didn't call BM, I called Champion Motors with regards to their ad on this link. http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...hp?Brand=Suzuki.

Promotion at Champion Motors

Hotline: 66311118

Drive away with a Suzuki car from just $998 a month.

From just $998 a month, you can drive away a Suzuki car with no down payment and no further payment of road tax, insurance, servicing and maintenance.

Visit Suzuki's showroom to find out more!

Lazy to take screenshot and upload.

Details are as follows for the above:

$998 (sorry for my first post in this thread of $988, remembered wrongly) for the first 6 months only.

Lease is for 6 years.

Suzuki Swift 1.3 M/A (when I asked it was same price for MT and AT)

The next 5.5 years is $1988PM or there about. Insurance, servicing, maintenance covered, just pay fuel, ERP and parking. After the 6 years, company takes back the car, if you like the car and want to keep it, have to pay the prevailing market rates for the car. Break lease at any point in time = remainder of lease x 0.5 x monthly lease rates.

At first I thought $998 PM for a new Swift not too bad, but after doing the sums, not too worth it.

↡ Advertisement