Durian Sellers - recommendations and to avoid

Aukang

Ya, for us not worth the risk. But @Count-bracula promised his son. So give him some info. Actually their MSW is $18/kg, which is not that high for off season. But quality, cannot guarantee.

Thank you bro Ender. I did promise my son that it will be after his field camp as I do not want him to miss field camp due to heatiness of durians. Scared he fall sick.

MSW I checked last night was going for $15/kg but looks like almost fermenting, overly ripe. Going durian hunting after dinner. Hoo hoo!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Bought 3 msw @ 18/kg! and paid $118.

Was unsure about the quality but 1st durian was okay so so and surprisingly 2nd one was much better, good creamy texture and sweet. It was about 12-15 seeds per durian.

Brewed liang teh and drank a full cup each.

I seldom eat durian and looking back, it was like once every 5 years? Ya once every 5 years. Confirm.

• Praise 5

I just collected 20kg of MSW from my regular Phang supplier 3 days ago. 

As usual, collection point is nearby the durian stalls where the delivery lorry from the supplier replenish their stock, very often different as depending on delivery run that day, this time round in Simpang Bedok.  After taking delivery, have dinner there and kaypoh at the durian stalls there to see the markup. Easily save $5/kg but then again need to collect order for > 50kg before the supplier will accept the order. Got sort of 25% discount that day.

Went home unpack the durians into 3 containers for this batch. Surprisingly the quality is very good, bitter and sticky, especially good as snack after dinner.

attachicon.gif20180816_195009-720x540.jpg

Also ordered 10kg of Japanese of mangosteen at $3/kg while the shop sells for $7/kg. Turned out really good as all are fresh and sweet, with very white flesh against the purplish shell.

So if you think of getting your fix, this week and the next should be still alright. Just more pricey.

Bro, if you need more people to share >50kg can get a few of us to share the weight. hahaha... then we all can enjoy next time.

i know it is off season now, but does anyone know if any durian stall that is still open? except those in Geyland area. 

I think "fruit monkey" still have some limited stocks coming every evening. Price not low tho.  -_-  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

KNN now I is kor kor here, gor gor there, everywhere kor gor liao...  -_-  [laugh]  [laugh]

give them a call see what they have, I think MSW and D24 old trees they still have.  ^_^

http://fruitmonkeys.com.sg/

https://www.facebook.com/R88Durian/

Cannot confirm if going tonight yet. 

Will have to see how after dinner only. 

Anyway, already told my guest not durian season now, so very much lower their expectation first. 

Now got people call me gor gor i is bery happi liao  [laugh]

So, be happy about it, few more years, you will understand  :grin:

Edited by RH1667
  • Praise 3

Cannot confirm if going tonight yet. 

Will have to see how after dinner only. 

Anyway, already told my guest not durian season now, so very much lower their expectation first. 

Now got people call me gor gor i is bery happi liao  [laugh]

So, be happy about it, few more years, you will understand  :grin:

Since got guest with you, mayb you want call first see what they have, if going then call again ask them to keep for you.  [laugh]

aiya, those call me kor kor now, 10 yrs later will still call me kor kor mah, if change and call me uncle means they also old hor... [:p]

dont forget i is tianmo, 不老传说,  is forever de kor kor..... [:p]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

https://video.toggle.sg/video/series/fixer-s2-2/ep7/652311

Lai liao Lai liao....

Fortune is everywhere in Raub of Pahang, Malaysia and everyone is a millionaire there. The economic benfits are brought about by the Mao Shan Wang durians and durian farm owners in Sungai Klau have admitted that they have hit the jackpot. How can durian indulgence develop into a national industry ?

• Praise 3

Just ownself drive ownself there, more than a kilometre-long on both sides of the road, all durian stalls during durian season. Can also visit plantation of course. A lot of local restaurants also sell packed durians (presumably frozen) but I don't buy those.

thanks. thinking got a road trip together with the bros here. it will be nice to go together mah. hahaha...

• Praise 2