Durian Sellers - recommendations and to avoid

Aukang

Earlier at 5.15pm, brought a cousin to Loyang Point to buy MSW. Still at $17/kg. He bought 3 fruits at 8.5kg ($140). Gave me a box.

post-34737-0-50483000-1560957553_thumb.jpg

post-34737-0-92290600-1560957565_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic

Earlier at 5.15pm, brought a cousin to Loyang Point to buy MSW. Still at $17/kg. He bought 3 fruits at 8.5kg ($140). Gave me a box. ðð very bitter taste. Free one lagi nicer.

Other than proximity to my home, me no relationship to this seller ah. And i am fortunate he knows how to pick the bitter ones for me consistently.

Eat die me. Started to cough since last week. But tam chiak so poison vs poison theory just nice to overcome any resistance to stop eating. Pls dun follow my example ah. Remember, u sick not my fault. Repeat 100 times each time u wan to blame me.ðð

I still have half month more to chiak. Every time good bumper harvest is like that. These durian sellers really too much! ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

Safe ride. I reached home then eat so won't reach false alcohol limit. Happy feasting!

Cheers

I passed by that stall yesterday afternoon but didn’t buy. That few guys kept shouting LEW LIAN! and frankly quite irritating...haha.

Better control a bit bro, the sore throat definitely due to MSW.

My regular durian seller told me the second bumper crop is in early July.

Turbocharged

Haha you are right bro.

I bought some breed called Butter King 牛油王 and I asked the seller if it is basically a higher breed of kampung durian.

He smiled sheepishly.

Fanciful name...

how did it look/taste?

I've seen Butter Durian advertised before (can't recall where)

and these make it even more weird...

https://duriandelivery.com.sg/product/premium-butter-durian/  (btw Chanee is a Thai breed)

https://durians.com/pages/types-of-durians-malaysia

and here it says MSW is also known as butter durian ??

• Praise 1

I passed by that stall yesterday afternoon but didnât buy. That few guys kept shouting LEW LIAN! and frankly quite irritating...haha.

Better control a bit bro, the sore throat definitely due to MSW.

My regular durian seller told me the second bumper crop is in early July.

Ah, u power. Can resist.
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

how did it look/taste?

I've seen Butter Durian advertised before (can't recall where)

and these make it even more weird...

https://duriandelivery.com.sg/product/premium-butter-durian/ (btw Chanee is a Thai breed)

https://durians.com/pages/types-of-durians-malaysia

and here it says MSW is also known as butter durian ??

Is it at the durian stall at Caltex?

Sorry I didn’t take photos. The pods and seeds are small, definitely the taste not strong like MSW or JF. But $60 for 6KG, it’s not too bad la. Can’t complain...haha.

Turbocharged

Is it at the durian stall at Caltex?

Sorry I didn’t take photos. The pods and seeds are small, definitely the taste not strong like MSW or JF. But $60 for 6KG, it’s not too bad la. Can’t complain...haha.

nope not Caltex.

as long as nice can liao

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Earlier at 5.15pm, brought a cousin to Loyang Point to buy MSW. Still at $17/kg. He bought 3 fruits at 8.5kg ($140). Gave me a box.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Never eat 佥风 before, today decide to give it a try.

All very small seeds. Taste way still prefer more bitter durian.

post-29292-0-60099300-1561038363_thumb.jpg

post-29292-0-67675500-1561038374_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 12

Dun scold me. Passed by this stall at Elias Mall at 7pm plus. Bought 1 black gold MSW @ $20/kg (1.8kg cost $35). Bitter and flesh creamy.

Owner in picture very happy i bought cos he has been telling me since April got better harvest coming in June. Not related but used to buy durians from him when he had a makeshift stall outside then Golden Bamboo Supermarket.

Sorry me just like bitter taste of MSWs.

*cough* seems better after this round. Hehe

post-34737-0-70095600-1561040409_thumb.jpg

• Praise 6

Never eat ä½¥é£ before, today decide to give it a try.

All very small seeds. Taste way still prefer more bitter durian.

金凤 is not as strong taste as others, the only good thing about 金凤 is that you just throw the whole seed into the mouth, the hand wont get dirty and messy. But I find that the $/weight seems more expensive, meaning you get less meat than shell per kg.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Dun scold me. Passed by this stall at Elias Mall at 7pm plus. Bought 1 black gold MSW @ $20/kg (1.8kg cost $35). Bitter and flesh creamy.

Owner in picture very happy i bought cos he has been telling me since April got better harvest coming in June. Not related but used to buy durians from him when he had a makeshift stall outside then Golden Bamboo Supermarket.

*cough* seems better after this round. Heheðâº

I am a fan of bitter durians too. I think very acquired taste.
  • Praise 1

I am a fan of bitter durians too. I think very acquired taste.

Think so cos seller oso told me at times, durians opened really tokgong bitter bitter type but buyers reject as they prefer sweet ones.

Hear liao i heartpain why i not there and why these ppl dunno how to appreciate great durians??!!

• Praise 1

*cough* seems better after this round. Heheðâº

Same price at amk also ... they all sure happy like piak ... its the season time to chop carrot

• Praise 4

Same price at amk also ... they all sure happy like piak ... its the season time to chop carrot

ð

Frankly, i prefer the normal MSWs at $17/kg. There is a difference in bitterness of this black gold and the ones i bought earlier.

Black gold tasted richer as in creamy gao gao type of bitter whereas the normal MSWs bitterness hit u straight very strongly. Machiam straight whiskey without love, i mean without ice.

• Praise 2

Frankly, i prefer the normal MSWs at $17/kg. There is a difference in bitterness of this black gold and the ones i bought earlier.

Black gold tasted richer as in creamy gao gao type of bitter whereas the normal MSWs bitterness hit u straight very strongly. Machiam straight whiskey without love, i mean without ice.ððð

What's your favourite thus far?

Safe ride

Cheers

I like bentong msw. Some old tree one also really good . But got to hunt for the rite seller .

Black gold is great but the bitterness is not the same as msw . The one i had was started w sweet then bitterness came in later. And not as strong as msw yet expensive. The fruit itself usually much heavier too.

• Praise 5

I like bentong msw. Some old tree one also really good . But got to hunt for the rite seller .

Black gold is great but the bitterness is not the same as msw . The one i had was started w sweet then bitterness came in later. And not as strong as msw yet expensive. The fruit itself usually much heavier too. ð

Whiskey always give me headaches... ð­ just like love relationship ð

Haha...i dun drink but was told Whiskey meat i mean neat is potent. Guess that person meant its like love relationship, potent if not handled well. Oops

Bentong MSWs! Yes, been taking this and the Old Tree variety. Really no horse speed. The bitterness lingers on tastebuds and create the gian for more.

Pls share good locations or rite sellers. Different plantations yield rather varying degrees of quality, like u said, not easy to find good ones and not be carrot-ed . This year's prices $16-19 seems norm for now. Last year's my wallet got a few holes. I sewed them up so if u see a wallet with haphazard threadings, say hi to me ya.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Hmmmm, you stay Loyang and kept recommending the durian shop at Loyang Point. Are you the guy shouting LEW LIAN there? Hahaha....just kidding bro.

Hmmmm, you stay Loyang and kept recommending the durian shop at Loyang Point. Are you the guy shouting LEW LIAN there? Hahaha....just kidding bro. ð

Have a good weekend.

Nope. Not me.

I recommended it cos its closest to home and fortunately for me, the bitter ones i ate i really love.

I frequent the 2 supermarkets, Giant and Sheng Siong within the mall regularly as well. Convenient are the fast foods like MacDonald, Burger King, Yoshinoya, Rite Pizza, Subway and 2 food courts. All air-con, what's not to like.

But

Can u ask your lady boss to check out whether can open a Chix-a-boo outlet here too? I will definitely support by eating the chix and garlic bread, yes, garlic breads, lots of garlic bread and garlic breads.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1