Doc and towkay go court over parking dispute

Ahtong

The towkay is said to be a very young fellow

Doc takes company boss go to court over parking dispute

29040938%20-%2025_08_2013%20-%20zocar.jpg

Yet another case of road rage.

This one involves a doctor and a managing director of a company over a parking space.

The incident happened on June 22 along the restaurants that line Upper Thomson Road.

The medical professional, who wanted to be known only as Dr Goh, was reversing his Nissan Latio into a parking space when another car appeared from behind and kept inching forward. Dr Goh managed to park, but said the Lexus drove up beside them and started gesturing at him very aggressively before driving off.

Shortly after Dr Goh exited the car, he claimed that the driver of the Lexus walked over to his car and ripped off its right side mirror, leaving it dangling. Dr Goh made a police report about the incident and has also filed a Magistrate's Complaint against the other driver as advised by the police.

When contacted, the other driver declined to comment.

Both drivers will appear before a judge at the Subordinate Courts next Wednesday.

↡ Advertisement

Slightly OT but I wonder if it is a good idea to give towkay-ship to a person in his early 20s.

Maybe the person is very clever but I wonder if the maturity is there. In your own industry, do you know of any young heir who is already capable on his own or do they need advisors to prop up the facade?

Just to clarify, this question is not directed at the towkay in this particular incident. Just thinking in general. Not jelly either

Hypersonic

Seems like only one side of the story.

One sided or not, even if someone is angry, he cannot go around breaking side mirrors

I think this could be charged under Vandalism Act ? If so, then not just compensation ?

Michael Fay also pleaded guilty to vandalizing cars. [whip]

The towkay is said to be a very young fellow

Doc takes company boss go to court over parking dispute

Yet another case of road rage.

This one involves a doctor and a managing director of a company over a parking space.

The incident happened on June 22 along the restaurants that line Upper Thomson Road.

The medical professional, who wanted to be known only as Dr Goh, was reversing his Nissan Latio into a parking space when another car appeared from behind and kept inching forward. Dr Goh managed to park, but said the Lexus drove up beside them and started gesturing at him very aggressively before driving off.

Shortly after Dr Goh exited the car, he claimed that the driver of the Lexus walked over to his car and ripped off its right side mirror, leaving it dangling. Dr Goh made a police report about the incident and has also filed a Magistrate's Complaint against the other driver as advised by the police.

When contacted, the other driver declined to comment.

Both drivers will appear before a judge at the Subordinate Courts next Wednesday.

Looks like these guys need to go for anger management therapy.

Slightly OT but I wonder if it is a good idea to give towkay-ship to a person in his early 20s.

Maybe the person is very clever but I wonder if the maturity is there. In your own industry, do you know of any young heir who is already capable on his own or do they need advisors to prop up the facade?

Just to clarify, this question is not directed at the towkay in this particular incident. Just thinking in general. Not jelly either

Used to have such person in my company. He was the grandson of the owner of the company. Parachute in, worked two years and gone. Same age as me but completely different life. [bigcry]

He is now MD in another division of the company in another country, the third MD post so far since he left the office here.

But he is actually a very humble and nice guy. No show off or driving fast cars. Just ur normal B&B jepun company car.

Edited by Adrianli

Bill Gates towkay, Char Kueh Teow also towkay. There are towkays and there are Towkays. -_-

Edited by Bavarian

10 posts n nobody has asked if d towkay is FT? In fact is d doctor FT too? Lol

Because it doesn't matter. Can't understand ppl who makes every incident a nationality issue. Are you saying if either one (or both) were FT it would change the situation from wrong to right or right to wrong?

Read this article a couple of days ago. The young towkay very apparently deliberately broke the side mirror which was witnessed by the car owner and also captured on video. Sigh .. 何必呢

Papers (TNP) stated that the alleged act was NOT captured on the video leh.

Hence it'll boil down to words versus words.

Lawyers end up profiting! [laugh]