Unable to shift to neutral properly recently.

Ah_Zai

**EDIT: the title should read PROPERLY instead of PROPERTY**

bros,

my gearbox seems to be giving me some problems recently. Whenever I tried to shift to neutral, it does not engage properly and it feels as though the gear was stuck between gear 1 and neutral and i hear knocking sound from gearbox. I had to clutch in again and keep trying for the 2nd time or sometimes 3rd time before my car engage neutral properly.

can give me a heads up what's wrong before i send my car to workshop and hold my breath for repair cost? [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Ah_Zai
↡ Advertisement

**EDIT: the title should read PROPERLY instead of PROPERTY**

bros,

my gearbox seems to be giving me some problems recently. Whenever I tried to shift to neutral, it does not engage properly and it feels as though the gear was stuck between gear 1 and neutral and i hear knocking sound from gearbox. I had to clutch in again and keep trying for the 2nd time or sometimes 3rd time before my car engage neutral properly.

can give me a heads up what's wrong before i send my car to workshop and hold my breath for repair cost? [laugh] [laugh]

Either syncro problem (worn gearbox), the master clutch cylinder failing, or the slave clutch cylinder failing.

As bro Kanga said, change oil, but also check for leaks at these two.

↡ Advertisement