Sound & more sound

Stratovarius

Hello. Recently my ride is making some weird noises. Mostly in the morning during start-up.

1 - I need to clutch in during cranking, when release the pedal, I can feel a knocking sound. Other times during driving, no such issue.

2 - After cranking, when driving off, can hear a high pitch screeching sound. Think is from the wheels. The sound can only be heard for a short distance like moving out from a lot, after that, no such sound.

Any bros encounter such things before?

↡ Advertisement

Hello. Recently my ride is making some weird noises. Mostly in the morning during start-up.

1 - I need to clutch in during cranking, when release the pedal, I can feel a knocking sound. Other times during driving, no such issue.

2 - After cranking, when driving off, can hear a high pitch screeching sound. Think is from the wheels. The sound can only be heard for a short distance like moving out from a lot, after that, no such sound.

Any bros encounter such things before?

Possible from your pulley belt. If used some time alr get it change.

Supercharged

I kena this sound before. It sound comes when moving off, and also when stopping. The culprit is the rear brake pump (aka brake cylinder).

Possible from your pulley belt. If used some time alr get it change.

Pulley Belt? You mean for the screeching sound? The sound is only generated when the car is moving. If it is the pulley, then it should be heard once I cranked the engine.

Pulley Belt? You mean for the screeching sound? The sound is only generated when the car is moving. If it is the pulley, then it should be heard once I cranked the engine.

But while you heard the sound, you got check is the mat area wet ??

As in engine oil or whatever liquid??

[:p]

I kena this sound before. It sound comes when moving off, and also when stopping. The culprit is the rear brake pump (aka brake cylinder).

During braking, there is a screeching noise too. I thought is something wrong with the pads. [laugh]

For me, the sound is only audible when I move off from the carpark lot after a cold start, during normal driving, I cannot hear the noise. So is it still the brake cylinder?

But while you heard the sound, you got check is the mat area wet ??

As in engine oil or whatever liquid??

[:p]

No ppl, no fluid.... [laugh]

But it is the 7th month.... maybe I monitor till the month is over and see got any changes anot.

During braking, there is a screeching noise too. I thought is something wrong with the pads. [laugh]

For me, the sound is only audible when I move off from the carpark lot after a cold start, during normal driving, I cannot hear the noise. So is it still the brake cylinder?

Braking is PAD got issue, screeching is BRA got problem

Oops sorry should be Belt got issue [:p]

No ppl, no fluid.... [laugh]

But it is the 7th month.... maybe I monitor till the month is over and see got any changes anot.

Of cse no pple there wun be fluid la

But sometimes got pple oso may not have fluid [:p]

Supercharged

Yup, during move off / braking / stopping - all have screeching noise. It can be quite loud sometimes, even if I am inside the cabin with windows all up!

Yup. During driving and car is moving, no noise at all.

Faulty brake cylinder was the culprit in my case. But for you, could be also brake cylinder or pads or others. Only an experienced WS mech can determine what is wrong with it.

Two issues come at same time la

Brake and Belt

For belt, if not loose, you can solve it with a bar of soap ^_^

Supercharged

Pple talking belt fault leh [:p]

Yes, correct! The bra strap is something like the belt too.... [sly]:D

↡ Advertisement