Price even higher than BMW, and Mercedes

but

Under power, I heard from many owners and read some reviews

Reliability not as good as it price,

why?

Edited by Quantum
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

My 4.5 yr old GS300 is almost maintenance free except for the regular servicing at BM. I think its very reliable. Reason why its overpriced i think its due to the Jap yen. Other than that overall its a very reliable and comfortable car. If you are looking for comfort, lexus is the way to go. But for performance wise and driving feel i think German cars would be better.

E.g I have a 520i and i still think the gs300 mark levinson sound system is way better than that of the Beemer and the comfort of the Gs is also somewhat better. However the drive of the Beemer is superior to that of the GS. I think if u want the same level of comfort for the Beemers and Mercs than you gotta pay for the options which will make them costlier than the base price.

but

why?

you typo huh? should be "Is vw overpriced?"... [laugh]

Lexus is overprice because... it can give you excuse like; the car sound proof is so good that you can knock down a cyclist and drag the bicycle all the way to carpark, and yet, people will listen to your BS that you thought it is a tree trunk... [lipsrsealed]:ph34r:[thumbsup]

Only Lexus overpriced? All car makes are overpruced if you ask me.

Proton Saga 1.3(M) selling at 107k. Consider overpriced or not? [laugh]

Lexus is overprice because... it can give you excuse like; the car sound proof is so good that you can knock down a cyclist and drag the bicycle all the way to carpark, and yet, people will listen to your BS that you thought it is a tree trunk... [lipsrsealed]:ph34r:[thumbsup]

I like your reason! Lexus was endorsed by our court of law....don't play play!

it's not just the car that you are paying. It's the before sales and after sales service, [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

why?? got bj before u sign on the dot and piak piak after signing huh?.. [laugh]

but

why?

I owned lexus 2x before and comparison with audi and merc, indeed its more overpriced.

Think the reason they overprice because they made in Japan whereby high cost of production, better soundproof (actually the same with german), bigger engine for every model (high road tax and fc) but produce about the same power as german competitor and talking about technology.... Lexus behind the german.

Some features also laoya and buttons seems to be outdated. I owned the rx and the keyless door only front 2 and it is harder to lock the car by tapping the door knob compared to audi and merc. Steering also light and not so good handling in corner. Ride machiam floating and leather seat easily wrinkled or crack as compared to merc and audi. Their leather seat like jaguar xf, wear 1-2 years already like torn.

I dont know why i bought 2 lexus, maybe becos its suv and reliability. People say lexus is overpriced toyota and i think i had to agree. Afterall it depend on someone's desire and perspective and for those who bought lexus must have their reasons though its overpriced.

↡ Advertisement