Why is Lexus overpriced?

Quantum

my friends and i use to joke that those who buy Lexus are those who cannot afford BMW and Merc......seems like now dom bah lek liao.....?

Is the other way round, tried bmw and merc so decided to try something diff

Neutral Newbie

My wife drives a lexus. Not long ago, I sent her car for servicing as she was overseas.

Maybe because it's a Japanese brand so I had not expected the exclusive service.

At the service centre, while seated at the lounge area, a "waitress" came by to ask if I wanted anything. Gourmet coffee, pastries etc. served very promptly.

Engineer waited for me to finish my food before going through the routine with me.

Upon leaving, he asked me where I was heading and signalled to one of their staff to chauffeur me out in a Lexus sedan.

[thumbsup]

Edited by Kokov

My wife drives a lexus. Not long ago, I sent her car for servicing as she was overseas.

Maybe because it's a Japanese brand so I had not expected the exclusive service.

At the service centre, while seated at the lounge area, a "waitress" came by to ask if I wanted anything. Gourmet coffee, pastries etc. served very promptly.

Engineer waited for me to finish my food before going through the routine with me.

Upon leaving, he asked me where I was heading and signalled to one of their staff to chauffeur me out in a Lexus sedan.

[thumbsup]

Its ok leh. I drive a B&B Audi but the service at my local dealer also very good. When I go there, there even have a parking lot with my carplate!

Also the stuff ask & serve me coffe while I wait, & ask if I need someone to drive me to work while my car is in servicing. I said no as my workpalce is very near. No food though.

Isn't it like asking why many other things are overpriced today?

Cannot totally agree. Its not the best of title, but his point of an equalivent Lexus being more expensive than a Beemer and Merc is a valid question.

Its is up for debate if they can justify the price. If they can justify the price, & customers are sold on the offer, then all is well, but if not, & sales are not good, then they may have to do some thinking. I have no data but you get my point.

Its ok leh. I drive a B&B Audi but the service at my local dealer also very good. When I go there, there even have a parking lot with my carplate!

Also the stuff ask & serve me coffe while I wait, & ask if I need someone to drive me to work while my car is in servicing. I said no as my workpalce is very near. No food though.

Impressive!! Is the service centre still in Leng Kee, or moved?? [thumbsup]

I owned lexus 2x before and comparison with audi and merc, indeed its more overpriced.

Think the reason they overprice because they made in Japan whereby high cost of production, better soundproof (actually the same with german), bigger engine for every model (high road tax and fc) but produce about the same power as german competitor and talking about technology.... Lexus behind the german.

Some features also laoya and buttons seems to be outdated. I owned the rx and the keyless door only front 2 and it is harder to lock the car by tapping the door knob compared to audi and merc. Steering also light and not so good handling in corner. Ride machiam floating and leather seat easily wrinkled or crack as compared to merc and audi. Their leather seat like jaguar xf, wear 1-2 years already like torn.

I dont know why i bought 2 lexus, maybe becos its suv and reliability. People say lexus is overpriced toyota and i think i had to agree. Afterall it depend on someone's desire and perspective and for those who bought lexus must have their reasons though its overpriced.

The market doesn't lie normally. If a car model sells well, one of the reasons could be it's priced correctly. Are Lexus models selling well relative to their competitors? [:)]

Ok le lexus also liddat, they also offer me free taxi to go home. The auntie ask me i want a meal or refreshment, then what type of drinks etc. now i heard lexus offer new program of service level, they would send u anywhere u want in their latest model plus big breakfast with wide variety of local cuisine and one more i forgot but also very good.

But that doesnt stop me from selling my lexus muahahahha

Ok le lexus also liddat, they also offer me free taxi to go home. The auntie ask me i want a meal or refreshment, then what type of drinks etc. now i heard lexus offer new program of service level, they would send u anywhere u want in their latest model plus big breakfast with wide variety of local cuisine and one more i forgot but also very good.

But that doesnt stop me from selling my lexus muahahahha

Well, I guess its a plus point for Lexus, if the others could not match this. [thumbsup]

I drive a is250 , wife's c coupe and F10 . Previously driven many makes as well. Lexus Is250 has the smallest cabin (yes I feel that the c coupe is larger), not the most powerful but I like it most . Its strange I know.

I hate the sound of merc 1.8cc turbo , I hate the 528 inline 4 sound too (but its fast) . But they are good in their own right ,otherwise I wouldnt have bought them ya.

Somehow,I really enjoy driving the lexus.(Cheapest among the three, most unglam) I can't describe it into words. Maybe its the comfort or maybe its because I know its reliable ( No DSG problem , no excessive consumption of engine oil , no funny dashboard lights blinking) . Start n Go, always .

or maybe its the Engine. Its refined. When rev,the V6 is shiok (not blazing fast but shiok). Cabin is comfort with good sound system and 'aircon' seats .hmmm...

So for those who always comment that why buy lexus as its just a toyota . These people most dont know what they are missing out. :-)

All good things must come to a end, Looking to sell off 6.5yrs is250 soon... need to cut down on expenses. [bigcry] But I know the next car I will buy will either be a GS or LS .

I drive a is250 , wife's c coupe and F10 . Previously driven many makes as well. Lexus Is250 has the smallest cabin (yes I feel that the c coupe is larger), not the most powerful but I like it most . Its strange I know.

I hate the sound of merc 1.8cc turbo , I hate the 528 inline 4 sound too (but its fast) . But they are good in their own right ,otherwise I wouldnt have bought them ya.

Somehow,I really enjoy driving the lexus.(Cheapest among the three, most unglam) I can't describe it into words. Maybe its the comfort or maybe its because I know its reliable ( No DSG problem , no excessive consumption of engine oil , no funny dashboard lights blinking) . Start n Go, always .

or maybe its the Engine. Its refined. When rev,the V6 is shiok (not blazing fast but shiok). Cabin is comfort with good sound system and 'aircon' seats .hmmm...

So for those who always comment that why buy lexus as its just a toyota . These people most dont know what they are missing out. :-)

All good things must come to a end, Looking to sell off 6.5yrs is250 soon... need to cut down on expenses. [bigcry] But I know the next car I will buy will either be a GS or LS .

Well gotta agree with u but lexus seems lack in technology. Indeed the engine is rather quiet and V6 is nice but i had to prefer the german marque. So far i had no much prob with merc or audi.

Btw IS is a good car. Next car get GS will do if space not important. The LS too overpriced and look about the same as GS

Well gotta agree with u but lexus seems lack in technology. Indeed the engine is rather quiet and V6 is nice but i had to prefer the german marque. So far i had no much prob with merc or audi.

Btw IS is a good car. Next car get GS will do if space not important. The LS too overpriced and look about the same as GS

Merc is good, for sure . I had the e250, Its was good but got rid before 2 years . Now wife's c coupe just turn 1 year, All's good.

The F10 is powerful but I always have this fear that it will breakdown ..haha .(Maybe becos I used to own the E90.. and many of my friends still drive the e60. Its bad la, honestly.) No choice, bought this for image purposes. Seldom drive too.

I have never driven Audi. Cos I in sales and pan tang la ( OOOO ) . haha

LS is really ex. this i gotta agree and I havent reach the right age to drive a LS. haha.

Edited by Adrianlim13

Neutral Newbie

Merc is good, for sure . I had the e250, Its was good but got rid before 2 years . Now wife's c coupe just turn 1 year, All's good.

The F10 is powerful but I always have this fear that it will breakdown ..haha .(Maybe becos I used to own the E90.. and many of my friends still drive the e60. Its bad la, honestly.) No choice, bought this for image purposes. Seldom drive too.

I have never driven Audi. Cos I in sales and pan tang la ( OOOO ) . haha

LS is really ex. this i gotta agree and I havent reach the right age to drive a LS. haha.

haha my family cantonese also pan tang. Cannot drive Jaguar. JA GUA

↡ Advertisement