Gear Box: CVT vs 6 speed (A) which one win? [confused]

Maintenance cost: Forester wins

Space: Equal

Relability: Freelander wins

Kindly review 2 models

Edited by Quantum
↡ Advertisement

IMO, the most setback of 2014 Forester 2.0XT is the CVT transmission,

it's so good TC Boxer engine with 240bhp/350Nm + AWD + special off road function, if c/w MT or worest and worest 6AT transmission, definitely is a super performance compact SUV,

unfortunately the CVT compromised all of the amazing performance, but FC also doesn't improve too much, my practice 9+km/L at 70% urban road,

Acceleration super rubber band feeling, plus TC lag, in first few seconds seems slower than my pervious Optra1.6, [thumbsdown]

if not budget constraint, definitely FL2 or XC60, even if Tiguan

it's so good TC Boxer engine with 240bhp/350Nm + AWD + special off road function, if c/w MT or worest and worest 6AT transmission, definitely is a super performance compact SUV,

unfortunately the CVT compromised all of the amazing performance, but FC also doesn't improve too much, my practice 9+km/L at 70% urban road,

Acceleration super rubber band feeling, plus TC lag, in first few seconds seems slower than my pervious Optra1.6, [thumbsdown]

Hi, Bro Quantum,

First of All...Congratulating you for looking up new car.

My own preference would go for Freelander 2 for it's solid built, most importantly, you should driving it with utmost pleasure.

Hypersonic

Now almost all Nippon car are using CVT. You have not much choice.

(edited)

buy one, then if don't like, then ditch it change another? No end to comparing here and there..

As for pricing, forestor is cheaper by 40-50k.. Well bec it's oMV is cheaper by 20+k.. So both cars 10 year depreciation, FL2 is actually lower (if not factoring in loan cost if it's financed)

Edited by Chucky2007

This is like asking "What should I eat for breakfast, porridge or cereals?"

100 people will give you 100 answers. So you just need to ask yourself, which one agrees more with your wallet and lifestyle? Both vehicles have good following.

(edited)

Agree bro... go for FL2 if $$$ enough...

Chance upon driving a CS3 as replacement car while my ride was in the ws for repair, I was like... wa! drive like motor boat leh... almost fall asleep. I will stay away from the cvt thingy as much as I could.

So still driving the lau pok kar... [:)]

Edited by Mz3SP0907

Hi, Bro Quantum,

First of All...Congratulating you for looking up new car.

My own preference would go for Freelander 2 for it's solid built, most importantly, you should driving it with utmost pleasure.

wah, bro Fongmy,

when did you change your car to BMW ? [:p][:p]

though you are driving Merc

wah, bro Fongmy,

when did you change your car to BMW ? [:p][:p]

though you are driving Merc

Please don't mention about the kar, Tigerwoods sour me "HL" until no tomorrow [lipsrsealed][dead][crazy]

↡ Advertisement