Best takedown of 'Speed kills' myth

Zakkwylde

The video might be 15 minutes long but its totally worth it. It uses actual facts and logic to get rid of the notion that lower speed limits is the way to go. So what's your take on this? Should the speed limit be raised to eliminate the hoggers?

Edited by Zakkwylde
↡ Advertisement

"" Anyone dring slower than you is an iDIOT , and anyone driving faster than you is a MANIAC ""

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

George Carlin is a legend!

Anyway, I quite agree with the video. Something Jeremy Clarkson mentioned before. Speeding doesn't kill. What kills is suddenly becoming stationary.

personally, i feel that one's senses are heightened when he is driving faster. can react fast and more appropriately (when not intoxicated).

when i drive abit faster, my eyes are opened bigger.

seems that one might feel that at higher speeds, he is the one who will perform all the "avoiding" turns.

in contrast, the one who is slower will always expect others to see him and avoid him.

personally, i feel that one's senses are heightened when he is driving faster. can react fast and more appropriately (when not intoxicated).

when i drive abit faster, my eyes are opened bigger.

you mean like this???

post-61055-1379210197_thumb.jpg

Based on my personal experience it depends on the car, driver, road conditions & traffic conditions. The faster a driver drives actually reduces his reaction time. It leaves less room for the driver to react. Even with the best brakes the car takes time to stop. Reaction time plus time to come to a halt, that time down to the millisecond may determine life or death situation. The faster a person drive the higher the risk of getting into trouble. It's just that drivers evaluate risk differently. LoL...

All I can say is speed is one of the many factors for things to happen. It's quite impossible to predict what will happen on the roads.

Edited by Watwheels

Based on my personal experience it depends on the car, driver, road conditions & traffic conditions. The faster a driver drives actually reduces his reaction time. It leaves less room for the driver to react. Even with the best brakes the car takes time to stop. Reaction time plus time to come to a halt, that time down to the millisecond may determine life or death situation. The faster a person drive the higher the risk of getting into trouble. It's just that drivers evaluate risk differently. LoL...

All I can say is speed is one of the many factors for things to happen. It's quite impossible to predict what will happen on the roads.

Words of windom [thumbsup]

For those whom claim that driving slow will improve reaction time/more alert on the road...

Try to drive at 50km/hr at Changi Coastal Road through out the 70km/hr road limit...

Then u-turn & try to drive at 90km/hr...

U-turn one more time and repeat 50km/hr & 90km/hr...

See which one will tired u faster...

Words of windom [thumbsup]

Speed or don't speed ? Most important drivers should not road hog and keep up with the flow of traffic. This is to provide space to other road users and not jam-up public roads. But many selfish people under the pretext of road speed limits hog the roads.

Edited by Renegade777

Another common myth is bbk stops better than grippy tyres.

I agree. This is like putting the cart before the horse.

↡ Advertisement