2013 Ford Kuga 1.6T

Van

I was quoted 1k for Tucson insurance. Since Subaru insurance is 1k more than other brand. indirectly for 10 yrs this car is 10k more ex.

Furthermore, the OMV of it is like shit. even cheaper than a 1.5L sedan car. Kind of no value even though SE give few k discount.

As for Kuga, after test drive, my OC told me it is the most crampy width SUV I have tested drive. So this car is out of my list even though it is the most solid one I have tested.

Now I have to wait for the 1.5L Mondeo as it is more spacious than Kuga

Hey bro, the mondeo is a hell of a good looking car man. When I was there, they just sold the last piece.

Very nice front LED lights, kinda like the new Q7. The follow me home lights was dazzling (to me at least), it flows from the center all the way to the sides like how a stream flows ... beautiful work of art if you ask me & sorry if I sound "suah ku" ...

Why not go for the more iconic 2.3 mustang instead which is arriving soon as well?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Hey bro, the mondeo is a hell of a good looking car man. When I was there, they just sold the last piece.

Very nice front LED lights, kinda like the new Q7. The follow me home lights was dazzling (to me at least), it flows from the center all the way to the sides like how a stream flows ... beautiful work of art if you ask me & sorry if I sound "suah ku" ...

Why not go for the more iconic 2.3 mustang instead which is arriving soon as well?

that one they call "scrolling indicators". Follow me home lights is the auto-light timer. When you shut off the engine, pull on the headlamp lever and it will activate the headlamps for up to a certain amount of time to "see you home".

that one they call "scrolling indicators". Follow me home lights is the auto-light timer. When you shut off the engine, pull on the headlamp lever and it will activate the headlamps for up to a certain amount of time to "see you home".

scrolling indicators huh, thanks for the share! now i know what it's called & yeah - I saw it scroll after the engine was switched off, together with the headlamps which still remained on. Hence I just assumed it was part of the light show package to "see you home"

Understand forester with 50% NCD insurance still cost 1.8k. What about Kuga?

ty

Just received a quote of $1064.85 based on 50% NCD. Just thought I'd update you as promised.

• Praise 1

I got 1.4k for quote but with the $300 rebate. It is only 1.1k.

Comparable for a car with 240BHP ba.

If can get at 120k, then kuga is not bad actually.

The SE quote me almost 2k insurance for premium. I remember someone in forum mention even for 1.5L impreza is 1.8k.

When I mentioned value, I am referring to scrap value. a 13.8k OMV forester vs Kuga with over 20k omv. "Resale value" of a car is never in my dictionary. Ppls only used "this" to bring up the value of their car. Whose care the resale value when ones is going to use the car till its EOL?

140k Kuga is just list price. If u read from earlier post, some just get his at 120k +

btw, u mentioned yr XT insurance is only 100 to 200 more then normal car, do you mean yrs is only 1.2k?

Turbocharged

scrolling indicators huh, thanks for the share! now i know what it's called & yeah - I saw it scroll after the engine was switched off, together with the headlamps which still remained on. Hence I just assumed it was part of the light show package to "see you home"

The front indicators scroll at all times, whether when using hazards or signaling. It's very eyecatching. According to Audi (and Ford says too I think), the effect is intended to highlight that you are going to move in that direction.

Perhaps the image associated with Subie? i.e. Subie = performance marque hence, must charge more ... haha just a theory of mine

insurance goes by stats one, so probably too many subarus like to hug trees last time when they were the beng car of choice...

Edited by Eyke

Hey bro, no worries man - not offended at all. In fact, I wanted to thank all who took time to offer their valuable opinions. Heheh we do definitely share the same view - thinking with our hearts & it's also not like we can afford to change cars anytime soon given their ridiculous prices! I had previously paid only AUD8K for a 2nd hand 4.0cc Ford Falcon (how's that for a comparison?)

BTW how's your SJG man? Did you opt for the black edition at additional 5K? I really like the design of the daytime running lights. Does your XT also come with auto levelling suspensions like I had in the SH9? I previously found it too soft & switched it to after market KYBs instead.

Honestly, I don't agree that the SH9 is more punchy than yours. The 4sp auto was reliable but very outdated & at least your CVT is chain driven. [thumbsup]

I also wanted to find out how's the auto boot? Some buddies of mine also own the XT & said it was a little 'retarded' but I wondered why? It's auto right, what so bad about that? I would definitely like to have that too in my Trend ... but too bad I don't.

This is a Kuga thread right? So I'll not steal the limelight here.

Just for a quick reference, Black edition not worth so no go, no auto leveling suspensions this time but the shocks are firm though abit bouncy. No issues with auto-boot so far so I also dunno what's the fuss too. E-throttle controller is built-in and marketed as s/i mode.

Kuga's auto-boot is abit more intuitive with the leg swipe, but so far I didn't find myself in that sort of "handless" situation.

Again, what do you mean by windows with global positioning?

Maybe it's the iSync?, by Microsoft right? It's a bit of a shame that the onboard LCD is a tad small though.

Edited by Pocus

The SE quote me almost 2k insurance for premium. I remember someone in forum mention even for 1.5L impreza is 1.8k.

When I mentioned value, I am referring to scrap value. a 13.8k OMV forester vs Kuga with over 20k omv. "Resale value" of a car is never in my dictionary. Ppls only used "this" to bring up the value of their car. Whose care the resale value when ones is going to use the car till its EOL?

140k Kuga is just list price. If u read from earlier post, some just get his at 120k +

btw, u mentioned yr XT insurance is only 100 to 200 more then normal car, do you mean yrs is only 1.2k?

Did you actually get your quote as 1.8k or hearsay only?

I pay 1.3k for my XT and that's agency premium, outside will be cheaper.. 1.3k for a 2.0 Turbo is cheap. My old Colt R, 1.5 Turbo is already 1.2k.

Though 1K for a 1.5 ecoboot is even cheaper, but the ecoboost is not a performance engine so it's understandable.

As for the 1.5 impreza with 1.8k insurance, it's already debunked, with the poster's acknowledgment, that it's not the latest model but the old TS model which is infamous for expensive premiums due to many high profile fatal accidents that time, so don't use the premium of a car that is already going to scrap to compare with current models.

Edited by Pocus

Turbocharged
Maybe it's the iSync?, by Microsoft right? It's a bit of a shame that the onboard LCD is a tad small though.

The SYNC system onboard isn't equipped with navigation. At least not in Singapore. There might be an actual GPS module installed, however.

Hey all, I just realized 1 more thing about the Trend edition which I'd thought I'd share (especially for those of you who might also be considering the Kuga, be it Trend or Titanium) ... It also comes with the engine start/stop function in traffic. Not sure what this feature is actually called (Bro 7hm, care to share again if you're familiar?) but I was wondering about the long term reliability (of this feature) given our daily grind of traffic jams.

Fortunately there's also a button to have this feature turned off. Didn't like it as the A/C also gets reduced significantly if the engine is turned off while waiting in traffic. But I was pleasantly surprised they included it in the Trend edition.

Edited by Deranged

Turbocharged

Hey all, I just realized 1 more thing about the Trend edition which I'd thought I'd share (especially for those of you who might also be considering the Kuga, be it Trend or Titanium) ... It also comes with the engine start/stop function in traffic. Not sure what this feature is actually called (Bro 7hm, care to share again if you're familiar?) but I was wondering about the long term reliability (of this feature) given our daily grind of traffic jams.

Fortunately there's also a button to have this feature turned off. Didn't like it as the A/C also gets reduced significantly if the engine is turned off while waiting in traffic. But I was pleasantly surprised they included it in the Trend edition.

Ford just calls it Auto-Start Stop. I don't really call it anything else either. Engine Start/Stop function. Or Auto start/stop, etc.

Other brands will call it Eco mode [crazy]

You sure AC effected? I thought the beauty of this technology is it will not effect aircon.

Also car will such feature have a special kind of battery instead of the conventional ones we use. You might wanna check to confirm.

You sure AC effected? I thought the beauty of this technology is it will not effect aircon.

Also car will such feature have a special kind of battery instead of the conventional ones we use. You might wanna check to confirm.

The typical start/stop cars are still having the aircon compressor driven by the engine. Therefore, when the engine stop, so as the compressor, and the aircon is affected. The hybrid car has the compressor driven by electric motor instead and therefore not affected

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

most shutdown the compressor but not the fan. I experienced this during Peugeot 308SW's test drive.

Yeah i'm sure. Was sitting in the middle & getting a case of "blue balls'' when it happened [laugh]

there are rear a/c vents as well.

Went to see the Mondeo 1.5 Ecoboost and Kuga during Hari Raya. Due to time constraint I only managed to test drive the Mondeo - really liked the luxurious feel all round and spaciousness. The new engine felt adequate - was smooth and quiet, but I didn't get to push it very hard due to the traffic - but I think should have no problems for city/urban driving. Features wise it's a step down from the 2.0 Ecoboost model - but I think still pretty high spec'ed. After some discount, the price is around $140k+ for 1.5l - actually not too bad - comparable to Mazda 6 2.0l Executive version - but the Mondeo wins in my mind :)

After that I went over to see the Kuga also in the showroom - that's when I started to get shaky! I really liked it's sporty rugged look. The Titanium version features are much better than the Mondeo 1.5. Estimated price also around $140k+ ...that puts is almost on par with the Mondeo 1.5l - that really gave me a headache on which one to chose. BUTTTT my headache was quickly dispelled when the salesperson told me that Titanium no stock - maybe till next year :( Cannot even take advanced booking!

The Trend version is available and is going for $127k+ after discount. That puts it about $10k+ more than the Focus wagon Titanium. Aiyoh! So how?? High-end Focus or low-end Kuga?

In the end I told the salesperson that I cannot decide and need some time to think. Any way next weekend got open house - can get more goodies!! Haha! Got one week to think carefully!

The kuga would be a better choice considering its versatility and taller driving position as a SUV. Unfortunately the Focus has not enjoyed good resale value for the last 10 years. Kuga might just prove to be a different story. Such a trend is true for Volvo. It's SUV enjoy better resale value than saloon cars.

↡ Advertisement