Syphy or Elantra (120K and below)

Colin03

Why not considered i30.. Almost same pricing as elantra, better build as its for European market, similar space just that it's hatchback.. And it's a newer model with panormaic roof, rear air on, higher OMV.....

↡ Advertisement

Anytime Elantra. The boot is not small if u take a close look. interior is much more spacious then Syphy. Performance for elantra is much more better than sylphy(130bhp vs 116 bhp), in fact better then alot of car in the same cat. Elantra made in korea and Sylphy made in Thailand + 6 airbag vs 2 airbag. Beside the rear aircon which i think not neccessary for a saloon car as cabin is not big as a MPV, there is alot of feature that Syplhy or most japs dont have in the same cat example: cruise control,traction control,Auto headlights, Rain sensing wipers, Front fog lamps,Side mirror indicators,Driver's electric seat,Knockdown rear seats and last the design sporty vs typical japs design but subjective to individual. But as for pricing, elantra slightly more than Syphy.Please dont flame me as i just give a comparison. [:)]

Edited by Wishxsr

When buy car it depends how long you intend to drive the car. Like one of my uncle who drove all type of cars before, from made in msia, to jap to thai and korean made cars, cause every car he would not drive past 5 years. [:p]

So i find both cars also not bad, each have their own strength and weakness. Go and test drive and sit in both cars, ultimately decision still depends on yourself.

Edited by 13177

I will go for the Nissan. More long lasting looks s compared to elantra. Take a closer look at all Hyundai cars, their centre console including the aircon vent is very similar to Ford cars. The interior is more practical. Nissan is definately more comfortable. I have seen alot of syphy on the road nowadays.

I will choose Sylphy. More comfortable and noise level in cabin also lower. Reliability wise can't go wrong with Nissan regardless of which country it is built in.

Lol, looks like branding still as important among buyers choice, regardless where the car is built. More importantly it is the brand of the car. [rolleyes] Is the previous sylphy made in japan? But this new sylphy is made in thailand?

Neutral Newbie

elantra's steering feels too light, doesn't feel as gd when handling e steering wheel when compared to sylphy imo

was contemplating btwn elantra and sylpy too n eventually settled on sylphy.

like e smooth and easy drive, felt that sylphy had a more spacious interior too. reccomended for ferrying family ard.

anyway elantra facelift model coming soon?

Hi, welcome opinion and comment on 1.6cc with budget below 120K. Looking at Elantra and Sylphy at this moment (boot spacious and good rear sitting)

From the two choices, I will go for Nissan Sylphy.

Although Hyundai Elantra is also a good car, Sylphy wins by my overall score. [drivingcar]

You might want to also consider Kia K3.

Heard from my friend, Kia K3 wins all comparing the same category. :D

Upload the cars' photos! [laugh]

2011_Hyundai_Elantra_GLS_--_06-02-2011_2.jpg

Kia_K3_01_China_2013-03-04.jpg

Nissan_Sylphy_01_China_2012-07-21.JPG

Edited by Ladykillerz

Lol, looks like branding still as important among buyers choice, regardless where the car is built. More importantly it is the brand of the car. [rolleyes] Is the previous sylphy made in japan? But this new sylphy is made in thailand?

Well I stopped trusting Korean Brands since Galaxy S3. [laugh]

From the two choices, I will go for Nissan Sylphy.

Although Hyundai Elantra is also a good car, Sylphy wins by my overall score. [drivingcar]

You might want to also consider. Heard from my friend, Kia K3 wins all comparing the same category. :D

Upload the cars' photos! [laugh]

I find the new Sylphy has improved on the exterior design, looks nicer as compared to the previous Sylphy. I dont mind getting the new Sylphy. :D But if i plan to change car within 3-4 years, i would go for elantra. [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement