Starhub Hubstation

Donut

ok, I got a small problem

I'm using hubstation for long time and I BOUGHT it last time from starhub, not rental from starhub. yes last time can buy from starhub.

Been using it for 5 years. now I think the machine up lorry. cannot detect network signal. called starhub. they say cannot repair now. got to rent from them for $8 per month for recording function machine.

I fed up now. they say they can send techican to check the machine. if confirm spoilt, I got to change to a rental one.

I'm actually using the hub station for broadband. if I give up starhub cable completely, I will have to sign up for broadband plan.

any advise?

what alternative I have?

can PM me if not convenient

↡ Advertisement

I also have a hubstation which I bought from StarHub some donkey years ago....

The hdd inside gave up on me number of years ago and I sent it to the hubstation repair centre situated at Hougang.

My hubstation is made by Thomson and they are the authorised repair centre for Thomson hubstation. The repair centre/shop is Haw Wah Trading Co. It is a HDB shophouse.

It is not cheap to repair the hubstation though.

I also have a hubstation which I bought from StarHub some donkey years ago....

The hdd inside gave up on me number of years ago and I sent it to the hubstation repair centre situated at Hougang.

My hubstation is made by Thomson and they are the authorised repair centre for Thomson hubstation. The repair centre/shop is Haw Wah Trading Co. It is a HDB shophouse.

It is not cheap to repair the hubstation though.

yes mine is also Thomson.

how much u paid for repair?

I realised that I have sent it in for repair twice....

1st time is due to power supply unit up lorry... yr 2010... cost me $65 to repair...

2nd time is HDD up lorry... forgot yr n lost my receipt... but I vaguely remember it cost me 100 plus for the repair...

I am not sure whether I can post their address or not but u can Google for it....

Hope it helps...

Mine also uplorry this yr. No harddisk detected. Was told to send for repair in hougang or rent a box from starhub. When u rent from them no issue of maintenance but when u buy from them...the box wont last 4 yrs....ccb.

bro upgrade to the new box, using it now not bad still can record shows when you need to watch it, but think they will also offer you free modem for your cable if upgrade.

at $8 /mth for rental is still ok. anyway my wife paying for it [:p]

I just found out about latest Starhub Fibre plan. I think its alot more worth than the old school cable tv

http://www.starhub.com/content/broadband/homebroadband.html

Currently i'm paying $33+ per month for 3 Basic plan, and I'm only getting 2 MB broadband from the hubstation.

Now i look at starhub broadband plans, the Fibre 100Mbps is $39.90 per month with free 16 cable channels and free home phone line. Any one find the free 16 channels useful?

The normal cable broadband plan 25Mbps is only $24.90 (I'm not sure if got free 16 cable channels)

Now i look at starhub broadband plans, the Fibre 100Mbps is $39.90 per month with free 16 cable channels and free home phone line. Any one find the free 16 channels useful?

Yes, only one channel looks useful to me. Ch201. To watch S-league and LionsXII matches. :D

I'm using hubstation for long time and I BOUGHT it last time from starhub, not rental from starhub. yes last time can buy from starhub.

Been using it for 5 years. now I think the machine up lorry. cannot detect network signal. called starhub. they say cannot repair now. got to rent from them for $8 per month for recording function machine.

I fed up now. they say they can send techican to check the machine. if confirm spoilt, I got to change to a rental one.

I'm actually using the hub station for broadband. if I give up starhub cable completely, I will have to sign up for broadband plan.

any advise?

what alternative I have?

I rent my hubstation from Starhub and it comes with 1MB broadband. If you need "free" broadband, you need to get the hubstation with recording feature, because the basic hubstation doesn't come with broadband.

what is the internet bandwidth on the hubstation? Is it 1MB or less than 10MB?

Frankly, our fibre plan is fast and affordable... time to move long with the wave

The free broadband is 1MB and it can easily support Battlefield 3 realtime on PC and even Playstation too, I even tested FIFA, GT5, Need for Speed on Playstation without any lag.

Edited by Jhyy701

Hi I am getting rid of my SCV HD box which i bought rental free years back I will be signing on with either Viewquest or MyRepublic, these ISPs provide VPN services embedded in their router which allows you to mask IP address and have access to US cable services like netflix, hulu, pandora etc. Itsjust $65 per month and this includes both TV and broadband.

Best of all as you are using a VPN IPaddress none of the local restrictions on internet apply..:) And you also get video on demand etc...so you get to surf all unrestricted sites which are usually censored by the local IDA.

Its also cheaper, faster, better. So do give this some thought. Good luck

Oh yah a less politically correct alternative is to buy a Dreambox which allows free access to all the channels....but that has accompanying risks......so its better to go fer Viewquest or MyRepublic tv and broadband services....

SCV does not know it yet but if they dont evolve soon they r a walking dead dinasour

Edited by NightWind

any advise?

what alternative I have?

That was a Thomson unit rite...I got the Thomson unit with recording function for 300+ I think...kaput on me a few years back. IMHO...more worth it to rent...but try to talk nicely to the CS and get a new set for you (on rental).

I change to those rental set...some sibeh jialat one...after a month or 2 kaput liao. I change 2x...fark them upside down and they send a tech to deliver a brand new set for me...which I have been using for the last 4 years without issue. The only problem is the stupid remote control...made by Alfa Selespeed...faking retarded one.