Starhub Hubstation

Donut

ok, I got a small problem

I'm using hubstation for long time and I BOUGHT it last time from starhub, not rental from starhub. yes last time can buy from starhub.

Been using it for 5 years. now I think the machine up lorry. cannot detect network signal. called starhub. they say cannot repair now. got to rent from them for $8 per month for recording function machine.

I fed up now. they say they can send techican to check the machine. if confirm spoilt, I got to change to a rental one.

I'm actually using the hub station for broadband. if I give up starhub cable completely, I will have to sign up for broadband plan.

any advise?

what alternative I have?

can PM me if not convenient

Hub-Station .... :blink:

Bro, in 2 ~ 3 yrs time, all this will be gone and everyone have to use the Fibre Optic one (like the Open Net) that had been installed in your home..... [cool]

Why waste time with this option when going out in 2 ~ 3 yrs time... :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement

Hub-Station .... :blink:

Bro, in 2 ~ 3 yrs time, all this will be gone and everyone have to use the Fibre Optic one (like the Open Net) that had been installed in your home..... [cool]

Why waste time with this option when going out in 2 ~ 3 yrs time... :ph34r:

thats why i'm thinking 3 times about getting another hubstation now. <_< obselete liao......

I'm not sure about Fiber yet... its a new thing here and we all know our ISPs have issues with it.

Hi I am getting rid of my SCV HD box which i bought rental free years back I will be signing on with either Viewquest or MyRepublic, these ISPs provide VPN services embedded in their router which allows you to mask IP address and have access to US cable services like netflix, hulu, pandora etc. Itsjust $65 per month and this includes both TV and broadband.

Best of all as you are using a VPN IPaddress none of the local restrictions on internet apply..:) And you also get video on demand etc...so you get to surf all unrestricted sites which are usually censored by the local IDA.

Its also cheaper, faster, better. So do give this some thought. Good luck

Oh yah a less politically correct alternative is to buy a Dreambox which allows free access to all the channels....but that has accompanying risks......so its better to go fer Viewquest or MyRepublic tv and broadband services....

SCV does not know it yet but if they dont evolve soon they r a walking dead dinasour

Now that's kangtao!!! :wub::wub::wub:

which one r u on? Viewqwest or MyRepublic? To be honest the price is cheap coz the $65 covers BOTH TV AND BROADBAND. I currently pay aggregate $90 for both sinktel broadband and SCV and both sux.

SCV is very pathetic coz all the movies they offer i can get for free on the internet. The only hassel is to dl and cut them to HDD to view on my big tv.

If u dont want SCV and also dont wana pay for Viewquest and MyRepublic you can try subscribing for a VPN and loading it onto your own PC. Then u subscribe to Hulu or Netflix. Some of the bros do that. But that means u gotta connect your pc to the big TV via HDMI to watch the HD movies. Even this is much cheaper than SCV.

A VPN monthly subscription is only $10 per month. Netflix is another USD7.99 per month and these can be terminated any time as these are monthly subscriptions. Many of my frens are already doing that and have ceased using SCV altogether....Monthly subscription is below $30 per month and u get all movies on demand and unretricted web surfing that by passes the local PAP IDA.

• Praise 1

which one r u on? Viewqwest or MyRepublic? To be honest the price is cheap coz the $65 covers BOTH TV AND BROADBAND. I currently pay aggregate $90 for both sinktel broadband and SCV and both sux.

SCV is very pathetic coz all the movies they offer i can get for free on the internet. The only hassel is to dl and cut them to HDD to view on my big tv.

If u dont want SCV and also dont wana pay for Viewquest and MyRepublic you can try subscribing for a VPN and loading it onto your own PC. Then u subscribe to Hulu or Netflix. Some of the bros do that. But that means u gotta connect your pc to the big TV via HDMI to watch the HD movies. Even this is much cheaper than SCV.

A VPN monthly subscription is only $10 per month. Netflix is another USD7.99 per month and these can be terminated any time as these are monthly subscriptions. Many of my frens are already doing that and have ceased using SCV altogether....Monthly subscription is below $30 per month and u get all movies on demand and unretricted web surfing that by passes the local PAP IDA.

Viewqwest. its not just about the speed and all.

which ISP in singapore gives u a static IP?

only VQ does

http://www.viewqwest.com/price-plans/

let me know if u really interested

Edited by Mllcg

The speed is much better and so too the content...n its cheaper. I think MyRepublic does not include VPN and offers the Netflix and hulu via Teleport so its cheaper by $10/-

Have u also tried Bitorrent on the VPN? Its suppossed to be no throttle...unrestricted bandwidth...i am on VPN on laptop now and have stopped SCV. Once my sinktel contract expires later this yr i will also terminate sinktel...

The real attraction is unrestricted access via ip address beyond IDA regulated reach

The speed is much better and so too the content...n its cheaper. I think MyRepublic does not include VPN and offers the Netflix and hulu via Teleport so its cheaper by $10/-

Have u also tried Bitorrent on the VPN? Its suppossed to be no throttle...unrestricted bandwidth...i am on VPN on laptop now and have stopped SCV. Once my sinktel contract expires later this yr i will also terminate sinktel...

The real attraction is unrestricted access via ip address beyond IDA regulated reach

its a dns based vpn. so if u want some websites thats not on the list, let the NOC know and they will add it within 2 weeks if its a usa based site.

unrestricted access is not possible by dns based vpn. the 100 prawn sites are still banned.

Ok thks bro that rules out MyRepublic fer me. I am currently on VPN on my PC and its unrestricted access as well as access to Netflix, but I cant terminate sinktel as my contract only ends later this yr.

I have termintade Starf--k with no regrets. its just a hassel now as i link my pc to my TV via hdmi to watch all the movies. But its a small inconveneinece.

Thanks again for the headsup on the dns based vps. It helped alot. I would be very pissed after signing up with MyRepublic to discover access was still restricted. I NEED UNRESTRICTED ACCESS...lol

I hope the rest of the bros here migrate to VPN based ISPs so we can all abandon SINKTEL and STARf--k....these two PAP GLCs have been milking us dry and censoring all of our viewing and supplementing the programmes with loads of propaganda

its a dns based vpn. so if u want some websites thats not on the list, let the NOC know and they will add it within 2 weeks if its a usa based site.

unrestricted access is not possible by dns based vpn. the 100 prawn sites are still banned.

Last time, available in some shops at SL Sq. When BPL switch to MIO, no more selling leow...

Look like, its back again .... :ph34r:

Cos of the cross carriage ruling loh. :D

Last time, available in some shops at SL Sq. When BPL switch to MIO, no more selling leow...

Look like, its back again .... :ph34r:

they no need shop liao, you never receive their flyers meh? got number to call :D

↡ Advertisement