Starhub Hubstation

Donut

not my website. i google they gave me this website. :D

Ask puppy to block these website.

i heard when they come to your house and catch, they bring along MIB and issue you a summon to go court.

Anyway, such decoder had been in place for donkey years.

no matter how they catch, there are still people selling everywhere.

the only way is to upgrade to something that no one can copy.

Just like mio tv. singtel said in the paper no one can copy their technology

Edited by Mcf777
↡ Advertisement

i heard when they come to your house and catch, they bring along MIB and issue you a summon to go court.

but quite unreliable as seen many times with the downtimes

That is for non hd. Cannot watch the cross channel programs.

Anyway, i believe the guy/gal has been caught liao. [:p]

Hard to say for sure if these people are caught. First, potential buyers don't know the sellers. Potential buyers see newspaper report that sellers are caught and don't see the point calling. Sellers on the other hand knowing the authories are after them, just switch off the phones. Gives everyone the impression that all are caught. Some PR games in my opinion.

As for the numbers on the flyers, loan sharks can even get debtors to register bank accounts for them. What is registering a normal SIM card, be it prepaid or postpaid? End up everyone going in circles.

• Praise 1

Anything man-made can be broken.

Encryption wise, current processor power may take years to break, come quantum computing, breaking of encryption will be just minutes away.

Cable technology difficult to control as the cable points are tapped from a honeycomb of splitters. It's not easy to trace pirated boxes to a particular unit without disrupting the viewing. Only way they can do so is during graveyard hours when everyone is asleep and they start disconnecting 1 by 1 to see which pirated box goes offline and they'll be able to trace the unit from the cables. Then, if you switch off your box's power supply before going to sleep or their "maintenance" period, you're safe.

ok, I just repaired the hubstation.

found this guy from HWZ, offering hubstation repair. find him pretty friendly, mid 40s. he's in hougang. work from home based.

my machine problem is no network signal and hdd cannot record shows.

I paid $50 for the repair. seems reasonable price. now using it and see how long it will last.

for those with hubstations, if u cancel the cable subscriptions, u still can get the free broadband internet from the hubstation.

Bro....can pm the repair guy info. Tia.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

hi there

i have three units. i am selling 120 each. pls email me if keen. Hubstation comes with remote.

thank you.

• Praise 1

These illegal setup box as pointed out has been around for so many years. You think Starhub blur until dunno meh...if I am from Starhunb...I will also buy the box and find out how they decode etc...but so many diff boxes out there...it could take a while...and enforcement by catching user is hard...need to be 100% sure that the household has a illegal decorder...they need to apply for search warrants to enter the house.

So for user...its more like catch a handful to scare the masses.

Anyway...this surface again is because MEOW TV (Mio TV) lose the case to share content with Starhub buay siong complain making noise nia...wanna make Starhub look bad and paint them in a bad light...so next time when they bib for EPL content...they can raise the price and point finger at Starhub for causing the price to go up...(Meow TV so blardy bitchy to even complain to EPL about Starhub illegal box).

• Praise 1

This broadband internet from hubstation is legal rite?

Then why pple still want to get broadband plan?

Have I been paying for cable broadband for nothing? [confused][bigcry]

ok, I just repaired the hubstation.

found this guy from HWZ, offering hubstation repair. find him pretty friendly, mid 40s. he's in hougang. work from home based.

my machine problem is no network signal and hdd cannot record shows.

I paid $50 for the repair. seems reasonable price. now using it and see how long it will last.

for those with hubstations, if u cancel the cable subscriptions, u still can get the free broadband internet from the hubstation.

Supercharged

This broadband internet from hubstation is legal rite?

Then why pple still want to get broadband plan?

Have I been paying for cable broadband for nothing? [confused][bigcry]

of coz the broadband is legal. But it's only 2 Mps. So if u need more Mps, then this is not for you. depends on individual's usage.

2Mps is good enough for emails, surfing, video streaming, youtube. If u want to dl movies, it will take a while

• Praise 1

of coz the broadband is legal. But it's only 2 Mps. So if u need more Mps, then this is not for you. depends on individual's usage.

2Mps is good enough for emails, surfing, video streaming, youtube. If u want to dl movies, it will take a while

Sometime for youtube will take a while liao...dun say movies...

And also depend on number of decives connected...if got a few (very common now) like laptops...smartphones...it can be very very slow.

• Praise 1

Thanks. It's for my parents' house. My mom likes youtube, but I think should be enough lah.

• Praise 1

QUOTE (Donut @ Sep 20 2013, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i also never receive any flyer.

anyone got the contact? ph34r.gifph34r.gif

Call Kelly! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

94FE31C0-FD1C-4160-82C1-300BC9986DBB-136

FY box sux, Dreambox 800 with openPLi are the better one :)

What's more, there's an on-going rumor that all these illegal boxes will not be able to decrypt Starhub channels when Starhub switch over to Nagra3 encryption.

So if you are getting the above FY box this month, be prepared for it to become a paper weight in your TV console in a few week times.

Edited by Chiawy
  • Praise 1

Call Kelly! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

94FE31C0-FD1C-4160-82C1-300BC9986DBB-136

Two men claim trial for dealing in illegal cable television set-top boxes
PUBLISHED ON JUN 18, 2014
BY LIM YAN LIANG
rh-Fotor0618161759-18614e.jpg
Daniel Chen Wenqiang (left) and Foo Yong Chun have been charged with attempting to sell two hundred and thirty-three digital set-up boxes which they claimed they did not know were illegal. -- ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW/PHOTO: COURTESY OF STARHUB
SINGAPORE - Two men who have been charged for dealing in illegal cable television set-top boxes have indicated that they may claim trial.
Daniel Chen Wenqiang, 32, and Shaun Foo Yong Chun, 27, both sent lawyer's letters to StarHub last week claiming that they did not know the digital set-top boxes they were selling were illegal.
The set-top boxes purportedly allowed users to watch StarHub's channels for free by decrypting its broadcast signals.
Both men were charged on May 7 following a raid last year of a storage facility in Tampines, where 233 such boxes were found. They both appeared in court briefly on Wednesday.

[laugh][laugh] yeah right!

[laugh][laugh] yeah right!

aiyah

still got people buy these type of setup box meh

even my dad knows iptv like maige tv

even got wechat on his phone!!!

whole day tell me atbcpjhj

• Praise 1

(edited)

aiyah

still got people buy these type of setup box meh

even my dad knows iptv like maige tv