Nothing Wrong With Me, Its The Jogging Trail .......

Picnic06-Biante15

How would you expect MacRitchie nature trail to look like, smooth as Orchard Road..... [hur]

post-21853-1379376609_thumb.jpg

yahoo news: Letter slamming MacRitchie running trail goes viral

It takes one "strange" complain letter over a stone to set loose the earth-loving side of Singaporeans, it seems.

A reader's letter published by The Straits Times on Saturday sparked major buzz over the weekend, receiving over 14,000 Facebook shares along with a slew of negative comments.

Titled "Dangerous obstacles along MacRitchie trail", the letter was written by a Larry Quah Chai Koon, who seemed to be complaining about a fall he had while "exercising" at a nature trail in MacRitchie, at a slope towards the TreeTop Walk.

According to his account, his "foot struck a protruding stone" before he "lost balance" and "crashed". His fall impacted his left shoulder, resulting in a "fractured left collarbone" two cracked ribs and "multiple lacerations".

The writer then added, "Maintenance should be undertaken to remove protruding stones, branches and roots that may pose a danger to visitors."

The letter stirred a storm of negative online comments defending the nature park; some even gave the writer tips on running at the nature trail.

Nature defenders

One commenter said, "Nature is undulating and full of hidden pitfalls

↡ Advertisement

In the past, had been jogging there for donkeys years and never had fall ..... -_-

Not even after heavy downpour or raining after completing 1/2 the track and continue jogging till the end. ^_^

You is mata mata aka ong boh!! Lah sub see you also siam one side :o

This is what happened to city kid when they take a walk in nature..Need clean toilet, level the ground, maybe plant some flowers along the trail.. And the animals, make sure they are tamed and will not bite.

They should run on treadmill, the have a TV screen displaying different natural scenery.

Edited by Ender

Haunted?? :o

One thing I learned from other regular joggers .....

When jogging in the forest, best is "to keep your mouth shut and do not give any unnecessary commence". Never know what 'spirits' upfront... :ph34r:

In the past, had been jogging there for donkeys years and never had fall ..... -_-

Not even after heavy downpour or raining after completing 1/2 the track and continue jogging till the end. ^_^

Same like cars, 4X4 more grips than 2 wheels drive, [confused] 4 legged runs better than 2 legged [laugh][:p]

The author of the letter has a history of letter to the editor complaints to the Straits Times.

hmmmmm.............. just wait to see him going deep sea fishing and return later to complaint to PSA that the sea is rough causing him to vomit .... [:p]

Which nature trail have a smooth paveway? [confused] Thinking that user should be first time running/walking in a nature trail?! I guess anyone who is not used in trekking in nature trail should be extra careful and slow, esp if the ground is wet and slippery after a rain.

Only one thing to say to the writer:- Don't run there [pirate]

You are so kind(1 of the kind?)

When my child fall during runs or walks, I says....Get up yourself :angry:

↡ Advertisement