Recommended place to get good Sofa?

Ethene

L shape sofa from sea horse .. Gd n cheap. Recently offer set at 4xx only..

I used mine for 4-5 yrs .. Only need wash cover n gd as new ! Comforty too ! Watch out for their promotions ;)

• Praise 1

sorry to dig up this thread coz I'm also looking for a good set of sofa prior to Xmas . . .

any comment on the KUKA sofa sets retailed by Picket & Rail . . .

http://www.picketandrail.com/collections/bestseller-kuka

We bought a 3 seater and a 2 seater from P & R must be 8 years ago now.

Something similar to Fabric sofa #2537 but a 2 plus 3 seater.

Shortly after purchase the front beam??? on the 3 seater broke because the span was too long and there should have been a stub support in the middle of the span.

P & R took it back, strengthened the span beam and put a stub support in the middle.

They did a good job and we are still using both sofas which we like a lot.

Edited by Neutrino
  • Praise 1

L shape sofa from sea horse .. Gd n cheap. Recently offer set at 4xx only..

I used mine for 4-5 yrs .. Only need wash cover n gd as new ! Comforty too ! Watch out for their promotions ;)

4xx only? . . . I dun mind if its just for my study room as long as it can last

but last heard that Sea Horse had some severe complaints before, something to do with quality inferior or display differs from actual received ...

Edited by A_korusawa

We bought a 3 seater and a 2 seater from P & R must be 8 years ago now.

Something similar to Fabric sofa #2537 but a 2 plus 3 seater.

Shortly after purchase the front beam??? on the 3 seater broke because the span was too long and there should have been a stub support in the middle of the span.

P & R took it back, strengthened the span beam and put a stub support in the middle.

They did a good job and we are still using both sofas which we like a lot.

thanks!

I'm referring to their KUKA leather sets, last heard they also acquisited Montella for their KUKA distributionship 2 years back . . .

so I'm wondering if there's any comments on their KUKA ranges/prices ......

I'm actually keen on the 1323s, something new to stay away from traditional Ls......

I tried enquiring KUKA sets from China (Guangzhou) but was last minute warned of reliability issues

getting from HK or other places will be almost the same prices of P&R

Edited by A_korusawa
  • Praise 1

Sea horse sofa quality issues ? So far i use ok leh. Anyway cheap n comforty at $4xx .. :)

Usual L shape sofa will set you back 800/900 lor..

thanks!

I'm referring to their KUKA leather sets, last heard they also acquisited Montella for their KUKA distributionship 2 years back . . .

so I'm wondering if there's any comments on their KUKA ranges/prices ......

I'm actually keen on the 1323s, something new to stay away from traditional Ls......

I tried enquiring KUKA sets from China (Guangzhou) but was last minute warned of reliability issues

getting from HK or other places will be almost the same prices of P&R

if it is not something you gonna use often... try gumtree for expats that are leaving singapore..... most of their used sofas are imported and in very good condition.... 

I'd just like to chime in and put SY Living into the hat (you can google their website). Showroom at the furniture mall at Toh Guan.

When I got a custom set from them 2 years ago (the "Veronica" model on their website), they managed to deliver within 2 weeks. According to the sales lady this is because their factory is in Singapore and not Malaysia/China. Also makes any after-sales easier if there are issues or if I want to change the fabric in the future.

Sea horse sofa quality issues ? So far i use ok leh. Anyway cheap n comforty at $4xx .. :)

Usual L shape sofa will set you back 800/900 lor..

Sea horse is good and long lasting, just that the design can be quite boring

sorry to dig up this thread coz I'm also looking for a good set of sofa prior to Xmas . . .

any comment on the KUKA sofa sets retailed by Picket & Rail . . .

http://www.picketandrail.com/collections/bestseller-kuka

I had the kuka leather sofa. I was not impressed after the "leather" started peeling after 2 yeara. I switched to lorenzo sofas. No complaints.

Minotti

Your landed house got underground garage izzit? Lol. All atas sofas and atas size! Edited by Mason016

if it is not something you gonna use often... try gumtree for expats that are leaving singapore..... most of their used sofas are imported and in very good condition.... 

some expats can be also LC one lahhh . . . experiences from past deals

anyway, some may not suit your taste/design

and some might just be unnecessary worn . . .

its for my hall, so dun wanna go 2nd hand lahhh

I had the kuka leather sofa. I was not impressed after the "leather" started peeling after 2 yeara. I switched to lorenzo sofas. No complaints.

Your landed house got underground garage izzit? Lol. All atas sofas and atas size!

what! leather peel-off? that's last thing I wanna hear?

did you go back to them? izit from P&R?

I had been with Lorenzo on my past few sets..... I even had mine custom made from them when they had showrooms in Bkt Timah

4 + 2 + 2 +1 which they hardly bring in..... but those were they days since they left to their distributorships....

now, most of them from China and they hardly had their own designs & services....

I'd just like to chime in and put SY Living into the hat (you can google their website). Showroom at the furniture mall at Toh Guan.

When I got a custom set from them 2 years ago (the "Veronica" model on their website), they managed to deliver within 2 weeks. According to the sales lady this is because their factory is in Singapore and not Malaysia/China. Also makes any after-sales easier if there are issues or if I want to change the fabric in the future.

heard of univonna?

they also have their assembly process here in local....

like SY Living..... they are more on leather stuffs - and most of their materials imported from our neighbours here...

designs are neat!

got some of my furniture from taylor b (along keppel rd just after AYE)

their furniture suit my taste generally and price quite reasonable (when comparing price-quality to ikea stuff)

my 3 seater sofa was around $2k i think

• Praise 2

what! leather peel-off? that's last thing I wanna hear?

did you go back to them? izit from P&R?

I had been with Lorenzo on my past few sets..... I even had mine custom made from them when they had showrooms in Bkt Timah

4 + 2 + 2 +1 which they hardly bring in..... but those were they days since they left to their distributorships....

now, most of them from China and they hardly had their own designs & services....

Yeah, it was P&R.  It was peeling badly everywhere.  I didn't bother going back since there are a gazillion reasons they can give for the peeling. 

Leather that peel are genuine fake leather.

Yeah, it was P&R.  It was peeling badly everywhere.  I didn't bother going back since there are a gazillion reasons they can give for the peeling. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1