Work-life balance? Know trade-offs too

Jman888

difficult to find a balance for work and family.. esp the time needing to take care of the young ones at home and stress over their competitive school work........ we hardly hv enough time for them.... feel bad for them too.. even during school closure, they need to do e-learning at home.. all this require time to supervise and guide them.

it is the culture and competitiveness in Singapore (and other countries) that drive down our balance life.....

the kids need school-life balance and trade off too [laugh] [laugh]

difficult to find a balance for work and family.. esp the time needing to take care of the young ones at home and stress over their competitive school work........ we hardly hv enough time for them.... feel bad for them too.. even during school closure, they need to do e-learning at home.. all this require time to supervise and guide them.

it is the culture and competitiveness in Singapore (and other countries) that drive down our balance life.....

It's the wayang and political issues that takes up most time in office. Work itself is straight forward.

How to solve a human issue that has been around for thousands of years?

Do you know whats worklife balance? It means working at home with access to company files, emails and ip phone. So essentially it is worse as you tend to work more as you have everything in fromt of you. Not like in office where you go home at 7pm and thats it.

The only good thing is that you can rest in yr bed for an hour during lunch time and take care of kids

But you are expected to work later than office based people. Even checking your emails at 11pm at night if need be

So what are you talking about worklife balance not cheonging enough?

That's because you can go home at 7pm and that's it. Not everyone can, so whether work at home or not still will be beyond 7pm or whatever is the official knock off time. If like that, might as well work at home.

That's because you can go home at 7pm and that's it. Not everyone can, so whether work at home or not still will be beyond 7pm or whatever is the official knock off time. If like that, might as well work at home.

Like the SAF admin clerk example in an earlier post...work from home still kpkb!! [hur]

Ppl combat vocation got day and nite training. Sometimes got to burn weekends.

Admin staff can go home sleep...still want 4 days' week.

Be contented when you get to work from home ^_^

Edited by Poohbor

IMHO - There is really no such term called work-life balance. Its simply a work-life CHOICE.

You made a choice to drop off some tasks, dilute quality in some, work on some, have babies and quit the job or work less, etc..

In reality, work and life shares the same constantly ticking clock..

My chicks can only lay that many eggs in their life time, no point forcing another one or two from them [cool]

hur...... :blink:

I thought you fed them with your protein and they triple their production rates ..... [sly]

and thats where ah poke protested that he was not given enough...... :wacko:

When it comes to work, I always find that it all boils down to whether you want do it, or not.

Don't make yourself unhappy thinking that it should be somebody else's work, or another department's responsibility, or a higher-up's scope of work, etc.

If you want it done, then take up the work involved.

If you really feel that you should not be doing it and strongly feel that it is not right for you to do it, then time to move on and look for another job! [laugh]

I believe I agree with you in many areas but moving on and look for another job often ends the same

no matter how much you want work-life balance.. if your boss expects you to get things done the previous minute.. also no use..

no matter how much you want to cheong OT.. if your boss expects you to leave after 6.. also no use..

i think it really depends on how much your boss value and respect your personal life.. nowadays they pay you monday-friday 8-5 but expect you on standby 24/7... so to be fair should employees also charge more?

In my workplace, all the lazy ones who do not complete their work, throw their work to others, go home early, uses work-life balance as an excuse.

These selfish idiot are just plain lazy, throw their incomplete work to others then laugh at them for no work life balance.