Work-life balance? Know trade-offs too

Jman888

thank you for the warning, I thought he was bad and desperate but did not think he was so so desperate, got two nostrils; wondered which one he will attack first, right or left,

Wow so happening!! How can I missed this thread?

When I last saw GayPork, he was drifting to his right. Probably right ball heavier. Got my drift? [sly]

Hope this helps [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Wow so happening!! How can I missed this thread?

When I last saw GayPork, he was drifting to his right. Probably right ball heavier. Got my drift? [sly]

Hope this helps [laugh]

no wonder he walks weird, and to think all this time I was thinking it was his haemorroids

no wonder he walks weird, and to think all this time I was thinking it was his haemorroids

Dun forget his "cauliflower" :o Something that you have erroneously mistaken for drooping foreskin :ph34r:

Below 1700, still have chance for balance. 1700-2000, start to feel the heat. Above 2, struggle to balance liao.

My in law, recently completed his part time degree. From exec become mgr. From leave home 730am each home by 730pm except for occasional high work load period, now the sop is leave home before 7am, reach home between 11pm to 1am ( occasionally 2-3 am). Sat & Sun work 11am to 3pm to do paperwork that cant be done on week days.......

wow what industry is your in law in? Sounds like longer hours then service industry..

wow what industry is your in law in? Sounds like longer hours then service industry..

its in the mechanical repairs industry. Sorry cant be too spec as the industry from what I heard is small.

So ironic. Yesterday i was having lunch and saw her with a team of ppl having lunch. Was oni me, my fren and the whole of them....

Her balance must be jin good man, go there for lunch..hahha

Under the Travel Smart Network initiative, companies can apply for a grant to help implement flex-travel arrangements.

people-get-on-and-off-a.jpgFile photo: Commuters at the Raffles Place MRT station in Singapore. (AFP/Roslan Rahman)

SINGAPORE: There is still a need to change the mindsets of managers on the benefits of flexi-travel, and this takes time, said Mrs Josephine Teo, Senior Minister of State for the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Transport on Wednesday (July 30).

However, the Government is encouraged by the response so far, she added.

Mrs Teo was speaking at the launch of a new initiative by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) called the Travel Smart Network, meant to spur more companies to create workplaces that support flexible travel. The initiative encompasses a slew of monetary incentives to encourage more employers to support off-peak public transport travel.

Under the new initiative, companies can tap on a fund of up to S$30,000 to engage consultants from an approved list to conduct employee travel pattern studies and develop tailored action plans from Nov 1.

They can also apply for the Travel Smart Grant of up to S$160,000 annually, for up to three years, to implement the flexi-travel arrangements. Possible arrangements include the installation of bicycle parking facilities and morning programmes to encourage workers to travel to work early.

To start, the LTA is looking at working with companies located near MRT stations and who have more than 200 staff.

This comes after a pilot launched in 2012, called Travel Smart, where LTA worked with 12 companies to shift employees’ travel patterns.

-TODAY/cy

Supercharged

So ironic. Yesterday i was having lunch and saw her with a team of ppl having lunch. Was oni me, my fren and the whole of them....

Her balance must be jin good man, go there for lunch..hahha

Where is this place you and her go for lunch which can obtain good balance leh ? :huh:

This is where even the PM is confused...

Work-life balance does NOT mean slowing down pace of work, with resulting less productivity.

It means cutting down on those UNNECESSARY long hours spent on non-productive work activity. Time that could be better spent handling our personal interests or with family.

Many people have to work long hours, but a lot of the time is spent unnecessarily on:

(1) non-productive paperwork, e.g. appraisals, mid-year reviews, etc. If you're not on track or due for a promotion this year, why bother at all to spend time composing a nice write-up?

(2) meetings or committee work on non-productive issues unrelated to the bottom-line. I'm sure many of us can come up with examples.

(3) paperwork that results from convoluted processes done up simply to fulfill some misguided quality requirement.

(4) Etc. etc. all the "wayang" stuff that goes on in your workplace.

Cut down all of these things, and there you have your work-life balance, without doing less work, actually!

Absolutely right.

Cut out all the above unnecessary things and productivity will even improve.

If I didn't spend so much time in meeting confusing my team,

they will all know exactly what to do and do a better job.

But if we cut out all the unnecessary meetings then a lot of managers

will not have a job. Who will feed my kids?

:D

Dad always nag at our generation say we are a bunch of softies, especially the part on Work life balance.

I always tell him last time he and his generation usually will marry first then piang career mah.

Now is piang career first then find gf, get married.

Supersonic

ai yah, just go and allowe car drivers to collect payment from car pooling can already lor

speaking of transport, hows ur lor lee ? ho sei bo?

Supersonic

next week i tai

beyond economic repair already

so jialat? got replacement bo? What went wrong?

(edited)

so jialat? got replacement bo? What went wrong?

gearbox up lorli

want to do, about 8k

somemore only 1.5 years left

'boh hua lah

even repair already, i am not confident it can last

i take mrt one month already

not as bad as internet people say

maybe i take mrt earlier (715am)

i am not buying a new ride already

no money already

if i got money, i go buy bus then collect money

hehheh