About STA report, engine oil and transmission oil

Zvicki

thank you buddy. Shock absorber cost how much a 300+? like vinceng said?

Each WS has own overhead to cover, would vary somewhat.

If you haven't place deposit for this veh, you still can give it a pass. however if the dealer can give you a good discount, take it and have a 'wear n tear' parts change. That way you have a peace of mind for the next 3 or so years.

↡ Advertisement

For all the jobs mentioned, cost wil depend on what car is this.

Jap BnB car sud b <$2K. For conti, maybe double. [sweatdrop]

Not necessary, bro

Last month met up with an old friend. I brought up that I changed my water pump, timing belt and "Drive belt" for S$901.91 done at AD, conti car. He said was cheap as just this year he changed his Latio's water pump ( only ) and paid more than $900 for the change, also at AD.

Just make sure the dealer do a proper job.

Change engine oil must include a new oil filter and transmission oil(ATF) sud b a through flush to change all the old oil out. Most wil just drain the transmission oil out n fill with new oil. This only changes abt half the ATF in the autobox but its much cheaper.

If it was me, I wil ask dealer for a discount n get it done properly myself at my own ws later.

It is good to change out the EO and ATF, but I would not recommend a through ATF flush if it is an older car bought resale. Most people do not change ATF often enough, and sump and such may build up, gaskets may have harden, etc. Doing a through flush will clean up the system, but it may also cause leakage with the new fluid.

I usually suggest to drain and top 2-3 times, that would be as good as a flush, and would usually not cause any leakage. But it is more time consuming and may use a little more fluid than a flush.

thank you all for the suggestion and build. Remarks are as below

1. Vehicle engine sump& transmission housing oil seepage

2.Vehicle drive shaft dust cover and rear shock absorber oil stain

Dealer told me that he talked to inspector, and inspector told him it is sign of the due of changing engine/transmission oil

Any suggestion about it?

seepage means leaking lah........leaking change oil manah will not leak one..............the dealer trying to smoke you lah bro.......... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Not necessary, bro

Last month met up with an old friend. I brought up that I changed my water pump, timing belt and "Drive belt" for S$901.91 done at AD, conti car. He said was cheap as just this year he changed his Latio's water pump ( only ) and paid more than $900 for the change, also at AD.

My apologies.

Just came back lunch with him and he recalled that it was fuel pump, not water pump.

My bad.

Supercharged

My apologies.

Just came back lunch with him and he recalled that it was fuel pump, not water pump.

My bad.

Just change fuel pump need $900 ???

Just change fuel pump need $900 ???

If mine need to change it's about $2k [bigcry]

And if i mine kaput, i will just scrape my ride, opportunity to change car :D

My apologies.

My bad.

Fuel pump? He always drive with almost empty tank?

Fuel pump in the fuel tank, not so easy to spoil de.

• Praise 1

thank you all for the suggestion and build. Remarks are as below

1. Vehicle engine sump& transmission housing oil seepage

2.Vehicle drive shaft dust cover and rear shock absorber oil stain

Dealer told me that he talked to inspector, and inspector told him it is sign of the due of changing engine/transmission oil

Any suggestion about it?

this is bs. avoid at all cost, if deposit paid, let it be if cant refund. for 1, labor would be ex even can remove n replace, esp trans housing, not to mention aftermath (u mentioned oil dirty, so = lack of care + dunno wat else coming). for 2, maybe drive shaft having issue; shocks much cheaper to replace. did u test drive n U-turn? any noise?

Neutral Newbie

thank all friends for the suggestion. I learned tons of knowledge from this thread!

I decided to go ahead to purchase the car. Dealer promise to change oil, gasket and filter as their cost and will provide report.

Anyway, I will do my own check after I get the car.

Now another questions, I need to pay to the dealer. As I take a bank loan (dealer helped to submit the application), do I need to pay the 1st month installment to the dealer? or shall I pay to the bank direclty?

thank all friends for the suggestion. I learned tons of knowledge from this thread!

I decided to go ahead to purchase the car. Dealer promise to change oil, gasket and filter as their cost and will provide report.

Anyway, I will do my own check after I get the car.

Now another questions, I need to pay to the dealer. As I take a bank loan (dealer helped to submit the application), do I need to pay the 1st month installment to the dealer? or shall I pay to the bank direclty?

1st month installment is to be paid to dealer as he will do all the paper work for you.

So when you take car it is Cheque or cash = (40% or 50% up payment) + (Insurance) + (lst month installment) + (Road tax if it needs to renew)

Not necessary, bro

For a Latio just change water pump for $900 is [knife][knife][knife]

Maybe the waterpump made of gold???

My Optra I change timing/fan belt n all bearings, tensioners etc incl water pump n accessories n change coolant only abt $500 plus.

Mine is the complete parts change n not those "package" where only some parts r changed.

All parts I buy myself for a complete parts change n labour I pay ws. Parts were Original parts.

Edited by Pisces69

It is good to change out the EO and ATF, but I would not recommend a through ATF flush if it is an older car bought resale. Most people do not change ATF often enough, and sump and such may build up, gaskets may have harden, etc. Doing a through flush will clean up the system, but it may also cause leakage with the new fluid.

I usually suggest to drain and top 2-3 times, that would be as good as a flush, and would usually not cause any leakage. But it is more time consuming and may use a little more fluid than a flush.

Yes I also do the drain n top-up over several oil changes cos my ATF is quite clean.

But if the dealer going to do, better get the 100% ATF flush so buyer need not worry about it in near future.

But the leaking oil tru gaskets has been mentioned in the past by some.

Unless the buyer can also do a follow-up n drain n fill his ATF over several oil changes to prevent his autobox from damage.