About STA report, engine oil and transmission oil

Zvicki

Fuel pump? He always drive with almost empty tank?

Fuel pump in the fuel tank, not so easy to spoil de.

Thats why my car seldom fuel below 1/2 tank cos I always pump in JB. [thumbsup]

My fuel pump sud last at least 30 yrs. [nod]

↡ Advertisement

For a Latio just change water pump for $900 is [knife][knife][knife]

Maybe the waterpump made of gold???

My Optra I change timing/fan belt n all bearings, tensioners etc incl change coolant only abt $500 plus.

Mine is the complete parts change n not those "package" where only some parts r changed.

All parts I buy myself for a complete parts change n labour I pay ws. Parts were Original parts.

Sory about this . was clarified as fuel pump, not water pump

thank all friends for the suggestion. I learned tons of knowledge from this thread!

I decided to go ahead to purchase the car. Dealer promise to change oil, gasket and filter as their cost and will provide report.

Anyway, I will do my own check after I get the car.

Now another questions, I need to pay to the dealer. As I take a bank loan (dealer helped to submit the application), do I need to pay the 1st month installment to the dealer? or shall I pay to the bank direclty?

Usually I take loan, I just pay dealer deposit n all other misc charges n the loan payment only starts the following month. That I pay direct to the finance company.

Whatever u pay to dealer or finance company, better to issue cheque to the company involved n crossed so there is a record of what u paid to whom.

There has been cases of dealer take money n never forward to finance company n end up car re-posessed.

When u buy this car, make sure all outstanding loans/money owed on it has been settled b4 u take over the car. Also chk that no outstanding summons/fines r outstanding also. Even fines in Msia.

Otherwise next time u go Msia, u kenna stop by polis, ty wil impound yr car till the outstanding fines r settled.

Don't bother about their promise of changing this and that. They will not do it.

Just whack the lowest price you can get and go outside workshop do a thorough servicing.

Don't bother about their promise of changing this and that. They will not do it.

Just whack the lowest price you can get and go outside workshop do a thorough servicing.

Yes. I wud do this also. [nod]

Neutral Newbie

Usually I take loan, I just pay dealer deposit n all other misc charges n the loan payment only starts the following month. That I pay direct to the finance company.

Whatever u pay to dealer or finance company, better to issue cheque to the company involved n crossed so there is a record of what u paid to whom.

There has been cases of dealer take money n never forward to finance company n end up car re-posessed.

When u buy this car, make sure all outstanding loans/money owed on it has been settled b4 u take over the car. Also chk that no outstanding summons/fines r outstanding also. Even fines in Msia.

Otherwise next time u go Msia, u kenna stop by polis, ty wil impound yr car till the outstanding fines r settled.

How can I check whether there are outstanding loans or fines? is there a system to check?

How can I check whether there are outstanding loans or fines? is there a system to check?

Fines in SG n Msia there r websites in SG n Msia to log on to.

U can search here n see if got info cos it has been mentioned in MCF b4.

For loans n R.Tax, I think also now hv websites to chk.

Last time car hv log card is easy. If ty hold the log card, means no loans outstanding. Now no log card n all is on line only.

Yes I also do the drain n top-up over several oil changes cos my ATF is quite clean.

But if the dealer going to do, better get the 100% ATF flush so buyer need not worry about it in near future.

But the leaking oil tru gaskets has been mentioned in the past by some.

Unless the buyer can also do a follow-up n drain n fill his ATF over several oil changes to prevent his autobox from damage.

seriously, I have yet to know of any dealer who will do a full ATF flash before handing the car over..lol

Worse is if the gasket leak after they flash, it becomes the new owner's problem, they will say : " you ask me flash mah!"..lol

And if the buyer wants to do a follow up fluid change later, might as well don't let dealer change and do it on his own later, at least he get to see what comes out and goes into the autobox.

Supercharged

agree. important to have at least half a tank, it helps to cool the pump. [thumbsup]

Like that means every 2-3 days I have to pump up...instead of 1 week (of my usual usage limit)...wah quite troublesome leh. [:(]

Like that means every 2-3 days I have to pump up...instead of 1 week (of my usual usage limit)...wah quite troublesome leh. [:(]

Of course not, as long as you don't leave your tank near to empty for a very long period of time. Filling up once a week is very normal, there are people who always leave their tank running very low to save on fuel. In the long run the fuel pump will overheat.

seriously, I have yet to know of any dealer who will do a full ATF flash before handing the car over..lol

Worse is if the gasket leak after they flash, it becomes the new owner's problem, they will say : " you ask me flash mah!"..lol

And if the buyer wants to do a follow up fluid change later, might as well don't let dealer change and do it on his own later, at least he get to see what comes out and goes into the autobox.

Ya for me I wil access the situation n if still think worth to buy the car, I wil estimate the cost of repairs n get a discount from the dealer n get all the servicing done at my own ws later.

Afterall everytime I get a 2nd hand car, I wil send to my ws to get a full service done. If the car is older, I might even change the timing belt, flush radiator if it is due or at least ask my mech to chk if the timing belt looks like its worn.

not true

The fuel acts to cool the motor in the fuel pump.

If the level drops too low, the pump wil overheat n that wil lead to fuel pump failure.

STA grade B = C0ndition not that good.

Why is it not good when it is 'B'? I understand that car older than 3 years the maximum grade will only be 'B', no way it can be 'A' grading as according to them is old and used.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2