Let's talk about NS... good memories or nightmares?

Scion

Turbocharged

come to think about it, NS is part of our Singapore identity

over 900k Singaporeans of different generations had served NS... each has a story to tell

no matter you are a siao on Rambo, chao keng kia, ah gua peng or Hokkien peng [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Brunei jungle is super dark at night. Sg still can rely on moonlight there really can't see a thing. The tree root is taller than a person. Climbing over it is a challenge.

yah, heard some friends about how Brunei jungles make our forests look like playground

wish I could experience it

the nearest experiences I had was the night topo near Macritchie (encountered some Jap bunkers and extra large ants) and the ambush in the forest at Tekong

Tekong - BMT + BCT

Pasir Laba - Sispec

Pasir Laba - SPT

Nee Soon Camp - Till ORD

Clementi Camp - Reservist till MR

Had this same experience as TS - unknowingly took up a prone position in a nest of ants during a training exercise... jumped up and tio kan by the sergeant

- During sispec exciser in Tekong when doing ambush exciser hiding behind bush, a group of Wild Boar past by stop and staring at me. Lucky they did not attack.

- Reservist Live Firing at Pulai Sutong island was fun.

Edited by Tohto

It was the second phase of our course and we need to spend one month in Brunei Jungle.

We were into our second week of non-stop training in the jungle and it was pitch dark (you can't see you fingers if you lift it up in front of you).

Everyone was worn-out as we were climbing this hill and suddenly one of our guys asked, "Wu Beh Tui Bor?"

Nobody bothered to respond as we were to shacked.

Then he asked again, "Wu Beh Tui Bor?"

Getting very agitated by his incessant "barking"; I replied, "Gu Lan jiu wu!! Beh tui Bor!"

[laugh]

PS - This guy is a Teochew and he was asking for batteries. In his unique teochew accent, he sounded like he was asking for horse's dick [laugh]

Stagmont...PPl see it SLACKmont.

Endurance not that bad la.

I kana fire lift people up and down the slope and 3 round 10.30 that is crazy s--t

Haha...yes that slope...shiokadoo!

Quite scary one leh.....don't throw also good lah... [sweatdrop]

Must throw, once in a lifetime experience.....and it's FREE [laugh]

All I know after the loud bang, tons of debris were flying over my head. I can imagine how bad it is going to be to bt hit by one of those (without a wall protecting you) :wacko:

Supercharged

Must throw, once in a lifetime experience.....and it's FREE [laugh]

All I know after the loud bang, tons of debris were flying over my head. I can imagine how bad it is going to be to bt hit by one of those (without a wall protecting you) :wacko:

Yes, it is. Really is a lifetime experience! Till now I still remember that day I threw it in Tekong! Fond memories! [:)]

Edited by TVT

Supercharged

After u fire ak47 u realize that m16 is inferior

Fire AK47 is just like fire GPMG lah....same 7.62mm rounds...sama sama lah [laugh]

Was attached to School of Armour briefly as an instructor whilst waiting for my posting in 1987.

It was an Armour Recce Course and I was the controller onboard an M113 during a nite armoured platoon mission.

The vehicle commander of the M113 was an Indian regular by the name of Vahnan.

He has this tendency of repeating himself.

For example, whilst he was directing his driver to turn left, he would say thru his intercom, "Driver, left left left left", likewise, "Driver! right right right right!".

So I advised him thru intercom that he should be concise or the driver may be confused.

but he goes, "Driver! Left left left left" and "Driver, right right right right!" again <_<

So I said to him, "Vahnan! CB CB CB CB CB!"

And everyone in the M113 laughed till peng.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Chickenfarm

heard so many army ghost stories but never encountered a single hantu

- prowling at the famous haunted officers mess at Nee Soon camp

- prowling at the famous Jacob ladder

- training on Thursday nights at Tekong

- an encik told us the story of a haunted chin up bar at Pasir Laba Camp (trainee hanged there) where the dogs would gather and howl

- and the certain level of the block (forgot which level) where the trainee jumped down, and his spirit came back every night to repeat the suicide

Pasir Laba Camp and Tekong should not have any ghosts since the whole area have been rebuilt.

It's ok I'll laugh and patronize you. Others don't find it funny. You'll be sacked as a comedian [:)][rolleyes]

You go grope others of your own kind in gay bar lah...this thread is for man [rolleyes]

2 things i wish i could have in NS, but never got the chance to do it (talk is easy now :D)

- throw a live grenade (dunno why, but my BMT batch was never trained in grenade throwing)

- jungle training in Brunei (once in a lifetime experience... heard about how dense the jungle was and how siong, but never got the chance to experience it)

I SIR Gulliemard Camp 85-87. From recruit to ORD.

Brunei is tough bcos of the terrain. Mt Biang and Pendayan takes the cake. My coy 84 gunner a very big and tuff man cried for help as he cannot take the climb up of Mt Biang with his 84mm. my nx bed died during our recruit days and can tell you the sound of him crying for assistance at night a few days before his death still haunt me (maybe the whole section as we never talk about that dead fella from the time of his death till we finish reservist)

Most scary moment was when we did section ambush in P Tekong on a friday night! while waiting for the 'enemy' i could hear a girl singing lullaby inside the jungle...just close my eyes and hoped for the best. [bigcry]

Reservist one medic died on Mt Biang...a very sad case!

Turbocharged

Pasir Laba Camp and Tekong should not have any ghosts since the whole area have been rebuilt.

i was there in the mid-90s...

remembered the places were still quite run down, like not renovated since the 70s types

and yes, i've also seen the famous three-door bunk at Tekong, but din feel creepy about it

I guess going to poyan range for firing is the most 'scary' thing. That place was so ulu and dark back then.

↡ Advertisement