Let's talk about NS... good memories or nightmares?

Scion

poyan was the last non electric target range that I fired before. those mosquito are commando trained. can bite thru the uniform. :blink:

Target party no joke [laugh]

"Target up!! One thousand two thousand three thousand Down!"

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

The road leading into the poyan range really very scary. Still remember the very first time sitting in a 3 tonner to the range. Along the way was so quiet and dark.

actually it's good to have this western catchment area undisturbed by the development

a different side of Singapore we seldom see

Turbocharged

and can help bo bo shooters to pass too.

and claim from those who got marksman. [laugh]

Turbocharged

dunno about you guys, but my company kena the infamous stand by bed and cupboard at the parade square before (during Sispec)

carried the damn heavy furniture up and down the stairs and to and fro the parade square

heard now they ban this sadistic punishment liao

my years in NSF was the turn point when they starting changing ROD to ORD. :D

And yes, we gain some and we lose some. thou we ever had the change to go overseas for training, our unit also never turn operational. so no Atec, standby or NTM. [laugh]

I never had the chance to shout "ROD loh" as I was a former regular. Instead of leaving in a company or battalion, I ROD alone [:(]

Turbocharged

actually it's good to have this western catchment area undisturbed by the development

you get to see a lot of wild life in area D. I remember our tanks were moving and we spotted iguana sun bathing on the track we suppose to travel on. our PC give the command to over run the iguana. [laugh]

my NS diff from most of you guys as I was in the SPF.

BMT at PA Thomson Rd then post to PTF at Queensway Camp. Reservist first few years at Queensway Camp and the rest at Ulu Pandan Camp.

The only ghostly encounter I had was on prowler duty with 3 Malay squadmate. When we reached the Senior Officer Mess, the 3 guys heard someone inside the empty building calling them to go in but I heard nothing. Then we decided to run to the swimming pool and end our prowler duty early......... [:p]

dunno about you guys, but my company kena the infamous stand by bed and cupboard at the parade square before (during Sispec)

carried the damn heavy furniture up and down the stairs and to and fro the parade square

heard now they ban this sadistic punishment liao

Wah which year was that? Thought it was only a common occurence during my time or even earlier [sweatdrop]

Ban better lah...it has nothing to do with battle. Team work or endurance building are crap reason formulated by saddists to torment the NSFs.

Remember the days when we had to make the targets....wood, target figure, nails and glue provided! Damn cb! Hahahaha....and they provide the hammers too!

Apart from stand by bed in parade square, I ever kena falling in 30 pairs of boots in parade sq.

When Corporal say turn left (dunno how to spell in malay) must turn all 30 pairs to the left and so on.

Can let him play until whole body sweat like nobody's business just turning the shoes alone [laugh]

Remember the days when we had to make the targets....wood, target figure, nails and glue provided! Damn cb! Hahahaha....and they provide the hammers too!

hahaha...and helmets got inner liners...after range use the inner liners to collect cartridge [sweatdrop]

That area really another different side of sg if they are really left undisturbed. Cause nobody knows in future if they will develop the area.

That area really another different side of sg if they are really left undisturbed. Cause nobody knows in future if they will develop the area.

If you take photos of the hills and reservoirs with the bunds joining the shores, ppl who'd never gone there would think it was taken overseas [flowerface]

you get to see a lot of wild life in area D. I remember our tanks were moving and we spotted iguana sun bathing on the track we suppose to travel on. our PC give the command to over run the iguana. [laugh]

i only saw a big massive wildboar near sungei tengah area dashing in front of my rover in ICT! Its over a metre long with long tusks!

My NS life was relatively peaceful.

In Tekong on a thursday night for ambush mission, had a family of wild boards ran over us as we were proned down waiting for enemies to ambush! lucky no damage or injuries!

BMT guard duty in Nee Soon camp was scary especially has to prowl the white house... so damn errie...

Mount Biang was a 4WD affair - really tough and had to use arms and legs to climb up and my platoon was the rope platoon... lucky no crocs in the river

While on Brunei, the Silkair plane crashed into the river in Indonesia.

while in Taiwan, the LaoFo shan and SheMaLi shan were another nightmares and my platoon got hor lan in the mountains. The night assault mission became a dawn attack cos we were lost for hours...

Live firing on Poyan reservoir was tough yet the view was breath taking. Hope they will never develop that area.

Edited by Fishy

Apart from stand by bed in parade square, I ever kena falling in 30 pairs of boots in parade sq.

When Corporal say turn left (dunno how to spell in malay) must turn all 30 pairs to the left and so on.

Can let him play until whole body sweat like nobody's business just turning the shoes alone [laugh]

Looks like this type of treatment only happened in the 70s and 80s army right?! :blink: Cant believe last time those commanders so pervert, having to ask men to fall in 30 pairs of boots or carry the whole bed and cupboard down the building! [furious]

Turbocharged

cool stories we heard in NS :D

- no white horse (bullsh|t! this one confirm have)

- officer took off rank to fight one-on-one with his subordinate (heard only)

- encik jio his men go fight against gangsters in a bar in Taiwan (heard only)

- two Nsmen drove a landrover to Zouk (heard only)