What could have causes this car to skid so badly?

Zippaboy

Your video looks accelerated. There didn't seem to be any brake lights, hence it looks related to aquaplaning, probably due to a flick of the steering since it's at a bend.

wah that altis sibeh heng, neber kena directly. i believe tires botak aquaplaned

Should be Camry.

Anyway try reduce speed during wet day...drive safely.

[sly]

Here's my five cents worth of opinion:

Road is wet but no puddles of water on the road. Other cars were not affected, so unlikely aquaplaning.

Car was FAST [sweatdrop] too FAST [shakehead] looks like a race with the Honda behind.

Now we all do silly things, esp when in the heat of the race. I suspected he pulled his handbrake to surprise the Honda on his tail.

But his left and right brakes was not even. And thus the disaster [laugh]

So learn the lesson folks!

And if he really did what I wrote, I hope he has rested in peace.

Edited by Gendut
  • Dislike 1

Turbocharged

[sly]

Here's my five cents worth of opinion:

Road is wet but no puddles of water on the road. Other cars were not affected, so unlikely aquaplaning.

Car was FAST [sweatdrop] too FAST [shakehead] looks like a race with the Honda behind.

Now we all do silly things, esp when in the heat of the race. I suspected he pulled his handbrake to surprise the Honda on his tail.

But his left and right brakes was not even. And thus the disaster [laugh]

So learn the lesson folks!

so u mean, he try to kay kiang? [laugh] [laugh]

The car twitched before it went out of control. I duuno lah. The car looks so zhng and lowered. Probably some suspension part he zhnged broke or indirectly zhnged that caused something to fail.

I believed something broke that caused the car to twitch before sending it to the barrier.

Edited by Watwheels

Looks like he flicked his steering to the left n lost control.

But I wonder why he wud do that unless he wanted to change lane but misjudged his speed n traction.

Perhaps his front and rear tyres have different aquaplaning resistance. The rear already lost grip and a flick of steering threw the car into a spin. That's why 'expert' opinions say put the new tyres on the rear.

Want to play in the wet, make sure you got good tyres.

Vtec just kicked in yo!

Looks like car behind tailgating and this fit was playing with him..can imagine what the driver was thinking in that few seconds he skidded and bammed!

Turbocharged

happen to stumble on this vid....rear view??

dont know how to embed... [:|]

i only know how to say Orbigood after watching the rear cam [grin]

• Praise 3

from the rear view does look a bit like they are racing hor ...

serve them right, i hope the video goes to the TP and both kena invited for questioning -_--_-

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

i only know how to say Orbigood after watching the rear cam [grin]

Yep - once watch both is easy to work out what happened -

Racing, change lanes too fast, possible over-correction then rear end break free. Can only hope that the videos are submitted to TP so that the appropriate penalties are assessed.

Would also be pretty cool if there was a way to send the video to the insurance company - racing is one thing that will void your insurance (although cannot PROVE from the video they were racing)