Teacher's Pay rise 9%: 2015

Mustank

Not bad pay overall, 230pm usually all go back liao..

But parents are the hard one to handle..some really spoilt n side the kids too much,

230? that's if they bring things home to mark right...

my friend working in sec school.

7am - 5-6 pm is normal. More busy is 8+pm. But he doesn't bring work home.

But of course they can leave early if they want to.

But usually have to bring their work home. Marking stuff can be quite time consuming.

Staying back for CCA also takes up quite a bit of their afternoons.

Edited by Lala81

230? that's if they bring things home to mark right...

my friend working in sec school.

7am - 5-6 pm is normal. More busy is 8+pm. But he doesn't bring work home.

But of course they can leave early if they want to.

But usually have to bring their work home. Marking stuff can be quite time consuming.

Staying back for CCA also takes up quite a bit of their afternoons.

This is true. Not forgetting that these teachers actually start work early, i.e. 7am, so considering normal office hours, it is right that they knock off at around 3:00pm...

But then, many stay back for CCA, teaching admin duties and also ad-hoc committee work/meeting assigned by boss... end up still work until 5-6pm.

Consider that's 11-12hr workday [sweatdrop]

This is true. Not forgetting that these teachers actually start work early, i.e. 7am, so considering normal office hours, it is right that they knock off at around 3:00pm...

But then, many stay back for CCA, teaching admin duties and also ad-hoc committee work/meeting assigned by boss... end up still work until 5-6pm.

Consider that's 11-12hr workday [sweatdrop]

it's balanced off by real holidays! haha but downside is that term time no holiday other than urgent leave/mc

so got good got bad lah. Lifestyle is definitely manageable.

I guess it's the dealing with kid/parents and management demands that is tough.

Edited by Lala81

its strange, when singapore pays a profession well, singaporeans say pay too much. when singapore doesn't a profession well enough, singaporeans say pay so little, how to survive, how to get quality people into the job.

for me, i think teachers deserve their pay because they really do sacrifice alot of their personal time and this is through personal experience.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

oh i from IB n ICGSE school,

so different from MOE

their lesson 1 week 20plus nia and also only 1 subject,not mixtures

holiday v song,i also song,coz no pple in school at all..haha..

oh i from IB n ICGSE school,

so different from MOE

their lesson 1 week 20plus nia and also only 1 subject,not mixtures

holiday v song,i also song,coz no pple in school at all..haha..

u beli enjoy sia

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

it's balanced off by real holidays! haha but downside is that term time no holiday other than urgent leave/mc

so got good got bad lah. Lifestyle is definitely manageable.

I guess it's the dealing with kid/parents and management demands that is tough.

School holiday they also have to go back school. Not really that relax. Overall they are still getting the same amount of off day as ppl working outside.

The current generation of teachers are the biggest hypocrites.

Why? Let me tell you, my cousin is one of them, she keeps complain of stress and heavy workload.

Everytime without fail kpkb infront of us and complain endlessly.

But the thing is she still got the time to give private tuition, how irony is that.

Why? Let me tell you, my cousin is one of them, she keeps complain of stress and heavy workload.

But the thing is she still got the time to give private tuition, how irony is that.

Stress and heavy work load and got tieme to do tution is another thing

• Dislike 1

cos the hourly rate is different [laugh][laugh]

I wonder what is the intend of this article. Are they trying to tell ppl stop asking for more pay? U are now the highest paid in the world, so stop complaining.

If this profession is well rewarded, there is no need to advertise on TV to encourage ppl to enter into teaching. The attrition rate won't be so high till school has to hire part time/contract staff to help in relief teaching.

You mention one case and decide that the current generations of teachers are hypocrites. That is very opinionated and unsubstantiated.

But you being so opinionated and lack of ability to support your claim with stronger evidence suggests you were perhaps taught by incompetent teachers not worthy of the 14% more pay.

I know of several teachers who including myself spent 10 - 14 hours in school daily, including the june and december holiday. I put school matters over my wedding plans. I leave my wife alone at home to lead students for oversea competition 2 to 3 times a year.

In conclusion, do not be too quick to judge. There are teachers who worked longed hours, make sacrifices. Just because you have not met them do not imply they do not exist.

• Praise 2

I wonder what is the intend of this article. Are they trying to tell ppl stop asking for more pay? U are now the highest paid in the world, so stop complaining.

If this profession is well rewarded, there is no need to advertise on TV to encourage ppl to enter into teaching. The attrition rate won't be so high till school has to hire part time/contract staff to help in relief teaching.

the funny thing is that our TFR is so low but it seem that the schools is always so packed and always lack of teachers.

I wonder why?

the funny thing is that our TFR is so low but it seem that the schools is always so packed and always lack of teachers.

I wonder why?

Yes, I wonder about that too. While we are struggling with falling TFR, the problem we face at P1 registration looks like we are having baby boom.

I wonder why?

Cause we have lesser teacher than Tfr.

Cause we have lesser teacher than Tfr.

I thought only HDB and LTA sleeping on the job.

Now MOE also sleeping on the job too?

↡ Advertisement