Teacher's Pay rise 9%: 2015

Mustank

call me cynical but more likely election coming.

trying to buy favor with the civil servants bah.

LOL

More of because of teachers leaving for greener pastures and better work-life balance. Just this year alone 2 teacher-friends of mine have resigned. When I asked them if they regret after the news came out yesterday. Both said no. One of them is earning more while the other earns less than what they used to earn as MOE teachers.

It's already known that MOE has been hiring PRC teachers to cover the shortfall in Chinese teachers. If they still cannot stop the outflow, then they probably have to look at other nationalities for EL, Maths or Science teachers soon.

More of because of teachers leaving for greener pastures and better work-life balance. Just this year alone 2 teacher-friends of mine have resigned. When I asked them if they regret after the news came out yesterday. Both said no. One of them is earning more while the other earns less than what they used to earn as MOE teachers.

It's already known that MOE has been hiring PRC teachers to cover the shortfall in Chinese teachers. If they still cannot stop the outflow, then they probably have to look at other nationalities for EL, Maths or Science teachers soon.

Untitled.png

School teachers don't have the luxury of surfing forums during office hour, this is proof of how busy they are. Don't believe, see how many school (primary and secondary and jc) teachers here. :)

they dont surf mcf lar....icon have their own forum for teachers or maybe got myteacherforum that we dont know about. Othet than SIA pilot union....Teacher's Union very heavy weight hor.
  • Praise 1

I thought tuition teacher are better paid and more relac? Somemore won't kenna arrow when GE is coming. LoL...

this arrow cannot siam wan.....letter of appointment come all sianz...😢😢😢. Not only teacher...as long as civil servant can receive the letter.

Every year sure got wan....resignation.....transfer....retirement. Now i dont really talk to teachers or take them as friends. Colleagues enough liao....say hi...bye....sometimes dont even want to know their names. Most same pattern wan....
  • Praise 1

Ha... you are a teacher? Resignation is one thing la. But when many resign, apply for transfer or go on NPL, it tells a lot about the workplace.

Edited by Biglittlebean

Anyway, I am trying to say in my post from 2013, is we cannot just throw money at problem (it can be one of the strategy, but not all of the strategy), which is like the main strategy from our govornment, in public sector.

I am not suggesting people shouldn't be paid well, but at some point, it will become rediculous, & there is only so much you can realistically pay large group of people.

I have many friend that used to teach, but no longer do so. The only people I know that are still teching are people who started teaching as their first job, & either that they are still passionate, or fear of looking into private sector (understandably), or their experience is not something applicable outside.

At the end of the day, we need to identify the roots of the problem, people wanted to leave, & work on them.

At the end of the day, the best, efficient workers tend to be the ones that are happy & enjoy their work best. You want teh best teachers, you want the best teachers for the student, make them happy.

Edited by Kiadaw

Ha... you are a teacher? Resign is one thing la. But when many resign, apply for transfer or go on NPL, it tells a lot.

Nope....got 1 time 3-4 English teachers transferred in one yr....all nearly same time. And yes it tells a lot about the management!

Malaysia above SINGAPORE!!! :a-m1524::a-fun:

see lah.... use too much singlish.

what yo do....MOE employs many malaysian as teachers...😢😢😢!

Already happening in pre-school liao... my son's teachers in his enrichment centre are mostly Filipinos... only a matter of time before MOE also start hiring them.

Untitled.png

Nope....got 1 time 3-4 English teachers transferred in one yr....all nearly same time. And yes it tells a lot about the management!
what yo do....MOE employs many malaysian as teachers...😢😢😢!

3 or 4 is little liao... hahaha.

Actually, from what I see, not a lot of Malaysians are hired as teachers la.

I am wondering, can teaching be the same like lawyers and doctors, which pays them like several tens of thousands of dollars monthly ? E.g. a good lawyer or doctor can earn fifty thousand a month. Why not a teacher ? I am just deliberating, what is the reason.

Edited by Ingenius

I am wondering, can teaching be the same like lawyers and doctors, which pays them like several tens of thousands of dollars monthly ? E.g. a good lawyer or doctor can earn fifty thousand a month. Why not a teacher ? I am just deliberating, what is the reason.

Paging for Bro Lala [grin]

Already happening in pre-school liao... my son's teachers in his enrichment centre are mostly Filipinos... only a matter of time before MOE also start hiring them.

3 or 4 is little liao... hahaha.

Actually, from what I see, not a lot of Malaysians are hired as teachers la.

3-4 from one subject is like 1/3 strength lei....if want to add other such as resignation most prob will be 8-10 for all subjects! The place i work got hong kee...India....China! The most are are from our northern neighbour. Roughly counting maybe 20 from there. The best is most of this former Malaysian will claim they would have served their ns and most will claim they were in the army. But when press further they will say they have forgotten their ns training...😂😂😂😂....where got people forget 2 yrs of hell....got 1 claim he was from armour.....but later i found out he was from Perak....ninaoya!