Teacher's Pay rise 9%: 2015

Mustank

I am wondering, can teaching be the same like lawyers and doctors, which pays them like several tens of thousands of dollars monthly ? E.g. a good lawyer or doctor can earn fifty thousand a month. Why not a teacher ? I am just deliberating, what is the reason.

if school can charge thousands from medisave i dont see why not😂😂😂😂! Their only way is being a tutor.....just like doctors and lawyers...open own practice!

if school can charge thousands from medisave i dont see why not😂😂😂😂! Their only way is being a tutor.....just like doctors and lawyers...open own practice!

I know of a friend's husband who is a young doctor with a private hospital. works very hard as he is the sole breeder and paying for a $1.5 mil condo. His daughter is 3 - 4 years old, attends a child care school in district ten taught by ang moh teachers, monthly school fees $5k (yes!!). I don't know how much he earns, but it must be a lot. lol.

Edited by Ingenius

I know of a friend's husband who is a young doctor with a private hospital. works very hard as he is the sole breeder and paying for a $1.5 mil condo. His daughter is 3 - 4 years old, attends a child care school in district ten taught by ang moh teachers, monthly school fees $5k (yes!!). I don't know how much he earns, but it must be a lot. lol.

Private hospital.....that is the different. Even a nurse in private hospital earns more than those in the local hospital. Eh....whats sole breeder?.....must call Lala for this.....
  • Praise 1

For those aspiring english who couldn't find work in SG.. you may wish to consider thailand. I've a friend who's there now and he's teaching elementary english to the working adult, and he's very happy.

:a-m1212:

Sole breeder or sole breadwinner?

Private hospital.....that is the different. Even a nurse in private hospital earns more than those in the local hospital. Eh....whats sole breeder?.....must call Lala for this.....

Not many qualify one willing to sign up what u want to do???

Are they short of teachers for sex education and PE?

I have a lot of experience with that and I don't mind

signing up but only if its a girl's school.

:D

• Praise 1

Boy schools are out for me as I don't want anyone

to think I only became a teacher to take advantage

of little boys. This is really sick and something

I will never do.

• Praise 1

Ha... you are a teacher? Resignation is one thing la. But when many resign, apply for transfer or go on NPL, it tells a lot about the workplace.

Yet little is done to stem this trend right? Easy way out is to give monetary incentives and up recruitment drives. All the while, newbies are replacing outgoing experienced and senior teachers who are competent or are really good in their respective disciplines.

MOE is well aware of teachers' plight. But yet, little effort has been made to help them do what they have been recruited for - to teach well.

• Praise 3

Yet little is done to stem this trend right? Easy way out is to give monetary incentives and up recruitment drives. All the while, newbies are replacing outgoing experienced and senior teachers who are competent or are really good in their respective disciplines.

MOE is well aware of teachers' plight. But yet, little effort has been made to help them do what they have been recruited for - to teach well.

its a way of separating the curds from the whey. Every intake will have somebody who will up the ante by trying to outdo the rest......its a neverending chase!

And btw, you will be surprised by who get the 9% increment... heard from a source that it will not be for those on the ground level who interact with students directly. They will get only 4%.

Supercharged

And btw, you will be surprised by who get the 9% increment... heard from a source that it will not be for those on the ground level who interact with students directly. They will get only 4%.

yeah, also heard 9% is for those on super-scale, ie. VP/P and above one...

Are they short of teachers for sex education and PE?

I have a lot of experience with that and I don't mind

signing up but only if its a girl's school.

Why reply my 2 years ago post.😓😓

Your source reliable or not.

Last time nurse increment we also heard this sort of news. Then later turn up higher % belong to the lower rank one. Which make sense as a small 1% to higher level is a lot compare to a big % to the lower.

Last time nurse increment we also heard this sort of news. Then later turn up higher % belong to the lower rank one. Which make sense as a small 1% to higher level is a lot compare to a big % to the lower.

I didn't know it was a 2 year old post.

So the sex education and PE teacher job

is still available?

• Praise 11

Think just got to wait for official announcement lor. Can't say much for now too.

Think just got to wait for official announcement lor. Can't say much for now too.

Official announcement likely won't tell us who got more.

It's easier for me to ask my teaching friends.😁😁

Official announcement likely won't tell us who got more.

It's easier for me to ask my teaching friends.😁😁

They won't know for now. Unless they are __________. [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement