• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
82 replies to this topic | 11 praises

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

First time saw this vehicle today. Red in colour and SKK plate.

Much bigger than Toyota Alphard.   [drivingcar]

Wonder what is the cost.... [sly]

Check with Wikipedia.

The vehicle other names....

Isuzu Fargo Filly
Isuzu Filly
Nissan Caravan Elgrand
Nissan Homy Elgrand

Attached Thumbnails

• ELGRAND.jpg

1 Anonymous member praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

ChickenMob
  • Premium member
    ChickenMob
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Saw it in the Motorimage at TPY, inside also looks damn spacious, but I think its a 3.5L roadtax  gonna kill

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Saw it in the Motorimage at TPY, inside also looks damn spacious, but I think its a 3.5L roadtax  gonna kill

I saw it at Sengkang, was shock when the driver open the door and inside was so spacious. Much longer that Alphard.

Didn't know Isuzu combine with Nissan and produce such passenger van to challenge Toyota Alphard. [drivingcar]

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Isuzu Fargo Filly
Isuzu Filly
Nissan Caravan Elgrand
Nissan Homy Elgrand

Why you wanna drive a car named Filly or Homy?

Such a big car, no 3.5L, no move..

Edited by Viceroymenthol, 11 October 2013 - 12:46 PM.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

MrolexB
  • MrolexB
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I tested the Elgrand abt 1 yr ago, It did not give me the impression that interior was more spacious than Alphard leh.

And no cruise control, not essentail but I would expect this feature to be included for such model. Alphard/Vellfire more posh interior IMO, maybe cos Alphard/Vellfire have many different variants bah.

It's a 2.5L unti right?

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Nissan Horny Elgrand!!!

Champion of the Champions 2016 & 2017!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Wonder what is the cost.... [sly]

$210k onli. Cheaper than Estima/Previa.

..I was checking the new Note and Juke. But my son prefer this Elgrand. [sweatdrop]

Champion of the Champions 2016 & 2017!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Elgrand has been around for years now. The look is nowhere near Vellfire though..

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

$210k onli. Cheaper than Estima/Previa.

..I was checking the new Note and Juke. But my son prefer this Elgrand. [sweatdrop]

Thanks... [flowerface]

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Wildaltum
  • Premium member
    Wildaltum
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

My dream car!!!...can only dream...price too out of my reach...the older version is more squarish.  I thot this is a 2.5L engine?

By the way, I was not impressed with the older version. The centre row windows cannot be wind down. It can only be pushed opened by one side.  Also I maybe wrong, it has only 1 side auto door??... The height is also a killer...1.92m...far too tall.

This current model is so much more sporty and more user friendly.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

ChickenMob
  • Premium member
    ChickenMob
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i will still prefer this over alphard, seen and felt it when i send my car for servicing......

if i really need the space this is the one i will go for .

not really sure about the features though.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

Coolpica
  • Premium member
    Coolpica
    5th Gear
    Author Image

http://www.sgcarmart...iew.php?AID=118
Found a review on the pre facelift model done by sgcarmart.
As for the price and features, it can be found herehttp://www.sgcarmart...p?CarCode=11099
Personally I will take Elgrand over Alphard as the former can seat 8 persons. Another contender would be Mazda 8.
Signature. What is that?

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I would prefer Elgrand to Alphard, especially's the former front grill and lights design is really look aggressive and cool. But on the other hand it is too big for everyday use, unless you travel up North often.

Seriously I prefer its smaller brother better - the Presage ! [:)]

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

Walterkoh
  • Walterkoh
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Nissan Elgrand vs Toyota Alphard

Engine Capacity (cc):      2.5 vs 2.4

Length (mm):                  4915 vs 4870

Width (mm):                    1850 vs 1830

Height (mm):                   1815 vs 1905

Wheelbase (mm):            3000 vs 2950

Power (bhp/rpm):            170/5600 vs 170/6000

Torque (Nm/rpm):            245/3900 vs 224/4000

Gearbox:                         CVT vs CVT

Fuel Tank Capacity (L):   73 vs 65

Consumption (L/100km): 9.7 vs 9.4

CO2 emission (g/km):      232 vs 218

Tyres:                              225/55R18 vs 215/60R17

Edited by Walterkoh, 14 October 2013 - 11:15 AM.

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Nissan Elgrand vs Toyota Alphard

Engine Capacity (cc):      2.5 vs 2.4

Length (mm):                  4915 vs 4870

Width (mm):                    1850 vs 1830

Height (mm):                   1815 vs 1905

Wheelbase (mm):            3000 vs 2950

Power (bhp/rpm):            170/5600 vs 170/6000

Torque (Nm/rpm):            245/3900 vs 224/4000

Gearbox:                         CVT vs CVT

Fuel Tank Capacity (L):   73 vs 65

Consumption (L/100km): 9.7 vs 9.4

CO2 emission (g/km):      232 vs 218

Tyres:                              225/55R18 vs 215/60R17

now Elgrand on sale,

2012 version  only 180k [thumbsup] , 50k cheaper than Alphard

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

Marcostan
  • Premium member
    Marcostan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Now is 2014 TC still selling 2012 model? Still ask for $180K? [lipsrsealed]  [thumbsdown]  [knife]  [:/]  [:(]

Qasqai 1.2T Pearl Team Qashqai SG

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Now is 2014 TC still selling 2012 model? Still ask for $180K? [lipsrsealed]  [thumbsdown]  [knife]  [:/]  [:(]

My bil bought a brand new '2yrs' old oddy and regreted big time, first yr already went in change many items including a rusty warped disc brake... but now into 3-4yr driving ok already since those degraded component has been changed but the experience left a bad taste....he didnt knew it was old stock and bites the promo price...

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This elgrand i got tested before no power one, alphard better but in term of look, cabin and Comfort, elgrand is the answer
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My bil bought a brand new '2yrs' old oddy and regreted big time, first yr already went in change many items including a rusty warped disc brake... but now into 3-4yr driving ok already since those degraded component has been changed but the experience left a bad taste....he didnt knew it was old stock and bites the promo price...

Only 2 years old car so many parts spoil already huh ?

This elgrand i got tested before no power one, alphard better but in term of look, cabin and Comfort, elgrand is the answer

For MPV, space and comfort is most important. Looks and power is not so important....

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Only 2 years old car so many parts spoil already huh ?

For MPV, space and comfort is most important. Looks and power is not so important....

Hmm paying for that high price we expect a good look plus some power. Because having some power is crucial for overtaking or accelerating to cross the junction. I feel elgrand really slow, i think about 13sec acceleration, aphard fare better here.

Look actually cannot design too ugly as well as they call this as luxury mpv not some normal mpv. Now i cant wait to see the alphard
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Nissan Elgrand

Nissan Elgrand  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by alym  |  1st Gear

Luxury Super MPV with low power

Elgrand is build with good interior luxury, great passenger carrier if you have a driver that fetches you everywhere

Nissan Elgrand

Nissan Elgrand  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Moki  |  Neutral Newbie

Elgrand 8 seater 2014

Traded in my wife's mid sedan for this MPV. Tested the following: Previa - $184k - good handling, space < Elgrand, punchy engine, interior more plush Mazda 8 - $178k - low head room...NEXT Ford Galaxy / SMAX - $16xk - interior l... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Nissan Elgrand

Quick Reply

Tags: nissan, elgrand, mpv and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users