Alfa 159 Part VIII (Any Alfa discussion also welcomed)

Gorjiam

Saw a beautiful black GT with a sweet rumbling sound on Monday at West Coast Esso Kiosk. The exhaust note is so delightful to the ear.

The GT design is really Master Piece.

↡ Advertisement

Hi,i got a few thing to clear away from my store room. 2x ricambi originali oil filter and 1x originali engine filter. New engine casket rubber. Used stock suspension 4x. 2x stock front brake kit. Selling cheap. Interested pls leave me a pm. Thank you all.[smash]

Hi,i got a few thing to clear away from my store room. 2x ricambi originali oil filter and 1x originali engine filter. New engine casket rubber. Used stock suspension 4x. 2x stock front brake kit. Selling cheap. Interested pls leave me a pm. Thank you all.[smash]

So did you get the problem resolved in the end?

Hi,

My car is a 159 6+ yrs old . Recently noticed when turning the steering wheel to the right there is a whirling sound. Going straight and braking no problems. Sound is most obvious when stationary at junction and about to turn right and accelerating. Woudl appreaciate any kind advise here.

Rgds

Wow.. I just sold mine last week. Now you.

You and me quite telekinetic...lol.. :D?  What's your current ride?

Chrispie and Sjourn are few of the longest time 159 owners, other than Count who is still holding on like me. Maybe someday you will return to Alfa since the Giulia looks promising.

Not like you old birds...Ftco and Duke are legends here...keke. I will miss the ride, if by chance another alfa in future... :inlove:

Edited by Sjourn

Chrispie and Sjourn are few of the longest time 159 owners, other than Count who is still holding on like me. Maybe someday you will return to Alfa since the Giulia looks promising.

yah.. maybe.

See how it goes in 2019. 

Even at the final year, still throwing money at the car - 2nd time engine mount replaced (blown for > 6 months already). I chose to repair it now cos there were recent faults, leaks that could be linked to it.

The car drives okay, except for some sluggishness. The exhaust tips are black with carbon so the insides are probably worse. I suspect a partially clogged cat or muffler (any cheap way to service this?).

Yeah, I am tempted too - why not change car and forget about all the repairs .. but I do learn a lot keeping an old car. It's become more of a hobby now.

Edited by Count_duku
  • Praise 1

Even at the final year, still throwing money at the car - 2nd time engine mount replaced (blown for > 6 months already). I chose to repair it now cos there were recent faults, leaks that could be linked to it.

The car drives okay, except for some sluggishness. The exhaust tips are black with carbon so the insides are probably worse. I suspect a partially clogged cat or muffler (any cheap way to service this?).

Yeah, I am tempted too - why not change car and forget about all the repairs .. but I do learn a lot keeping an old car. It's become more of a hobby now.

Agree, treating it like a hobby is less frustrating and there is stuff to tinker and learn. I am also due to change the top engine mount, second time round. The hige pressure power steering pipe is already the second time changed.

Clear some carbon to Melaka, sure is good exercise for bella to clear its inards.

Edited by Ftco

Agree, treating it like a hobby is less frustrating and there is stuff to tinker and learn. I am also due to change the top engine mount, second time round. The hige pressure power steering pipe is already the second time changed.

Clear some carbon to Melaka, sure is good exercise for bella to clear its inards.

Same - power-steering high pressure hose also changed second time some months ago. Good thing when the fluid is low it makes some whining noise. Now I try to refrain from full locking the steering. Today sent the car for PDR treatment, have been driving with a huge dent on the fender for a while now ( cannot tahan the eyesore on its beautiful lines). Edited by Count_duku

Crank

Anyone experience the following symptoms when starting up the car

1st try - tick (no crank/turnover just a tick)

2nd try - then engine fires up

It seems to be happening more frequent each week that I cannot fire up the car after 1st button push.

A sign to come that something is failing?

**Battery is <6mths old**

Edited by Sunburnsam
↡ Advertisement