Alfa 159 Part VIII (Any Alfa discussion also welcomed)

Gorjiam

95km and you haven't change your clutch before? Not bad leh... My lemon friend changed clutch at 30k++.... ANother one change clutch at 70k++ ?

Got back my car, change clutch, did my drive shaft and bearing. Selespeed was leaking oil so change the seal etc.

The car feels different. Previously it was much more brutal, more raw in the gear change and power delivery.

Now the gear change is so much smoother, It doesn't feel as powerful/ torquey compared to last time but the car accelerate much faster then before.

Surprisingly, my girl friend also said the same thing.

↡ Advertisement

Got back my car, change clutch, did my drive shaft and bearing. Selespeed was leaking oil so change the seal etc.

The car feels different. Previously it was much more brutal, more raw in the gear change and power delivery.

Now the gear change is so much smoother, It doesn't feel as powerful/ torquey compared to last time but the car accelerate much faster then before.

that's why butt dyno is not the best gauge of power and speed

Yesterday after Peter reset my ECU, my cold start improved. Today Bella fired up easily. Yeah!

Yes that helps a lot. Especially if we were driving miss daisy a lot.

Edited by Saabretooth
  • Praise 1

Yes that helps a lot. Especially if we were driving miss daisy a lot.

Ha ha ha. Yes, I do a lot of driving Miss Daisy. What to do? Morning and evening traffic.

Go for defensive driving lessons....etc you will improve your driving experience by gazillion miles.... Its a mod you can carry over to any car.

Here's one :-

post-15277-0-86999300-1381821652_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Bro, so how's car your now? Feeling better?

Here's one :-

Bro, are you going?

27 Oct 2013 will most likely be the date for our big meetup... Come on, we need more support.... Pls add your names in if you can make it....

Alfa community not very big lah.... Come come...

Bro, so how's car your now? Feeling better?

Bro, are you going?

I don't mind joining. It is inexpensive. You wanna join?

Yo bros,

Found this site (Maybe is even one of us here?) that outlines briefly what faults, symptoms, mileages and remedies

Thought can share here

Alfa Romeo 159 2.2 JTS

Oceano Black exterior / Beige interior

17" Diamond Flats Rims, sprayed gun-metal color

Pirelli Cinturato P7 in size 225/50R17 94Y (better grip than previous Directional5s, but soft! Need high inflation pressures to perform..)

Eibach Pro dampers + springs set

BMC CDA 150 (reinstalled)

Debadged

Headunit: Pioneer FH-6050UB with TS-WX110A underseat subwoofer

150,000kms

======**======

Maintenance history (Sunny S'pore 27-40 degrees C, very high humidity):

1. alternator failure (battery not charged while driving, batt symbol on dash) at 30,000km - replaced under warranty

2. stretched timing chain (with CEL alert) at 70,000km - replaced under warranty

3. fuel pump cracked, strong smell of petrol 80,000km - replaced fuel pump

4. power steering fluid leaking 90,000km - replaced clamps on the reservoir hoses, and the high pressure hose

5. radiator fan failed (overheat) 90,000km - replaced under warranty

6. radiator hose near the back of the engine bay burst 95,000km - replaced

7. steering tie-rods making grinding noises 100,000km - removed and greased

8. power windows 100,000km - rear ones replaced

9. electrical contacts corroded affecting rear light cluster 105,000km- sand oxidized parts DIY

10. PCV valve diaphragm tear 110,000km (howling noises with huge RPM fluctuation) - replaced circular rubber piece

11. inlet/intake camshaft sensor solenoid 117,000km - caused hesitation in acceleration, deeper engine/exhaust note especially in hot weather + intermittent CEL

12. both tie-rod ends replaced (helped vague steering but did not totally resolve) 119,000km

13. replaced clutch and transmission oil at 120,000km

14. Konis leaked after 3 years of use 122,000km - replaced with Eibach Pro dampers and spring set

15. replaced sparkplugs 124,000km - improved fuel consumption

16. replaced clutch master cylinder 133,000km - clutch pedal was sticking to the floor intermittently. Fixed long clutch travel with play near the top.

17. replaced CV boots and cleaned/greased joint - to solve wobbling whenever torque is applied 136,000km

18. replaced front upper and lower arms 140,000km - didn't do much for the steering, feels tighter but still free-play ..

19. replaced inner tie rods 142,000km - resolved clunking at full lock, steering swings left/right when going through bumpy roads. Changed transmission oil Redline MT-85, resulting in less notchy shifts.

20. front upper arms (aftermarket) failed within 2 months - ball-joints made loud knocking noises. Replaced both sides with original Alfa uppers, problem solved. 145,000kms

21. car pulls left and steering felt twitchy - alignment data showed left side had too little +ve caster and -ve camber. Workshop loosened the bolts holding the left lower arm to the subframe and pushed it out a little to increase +ve caster and -ve camber (to match the right side). This eliminated the left pull, but steering still felt twitchy - set front left and right toes to zero (although factory sepcs is a little negative). 147,000km

22. 149,000km - bought a K&N cleaning kit to clean my BMC filter. It was off the car because the lowend power loss was horrible, so thought of cleaning it myself. Couldn't believe the amount of black oily muck that came out when I rinsed it. I let it dry and then re-oiled it with the stuff that came with the kit. Read horror stories about over oiling and killing the MAF so I dabbed the filter with toilet paper after cleaning.

23. swapped out the brake fluid as the pedal was feeling squishy. The pedal was especially stiff during hot days when stuck in a traffic jam, in fact both the clutch and brake pedals were hard to modulate. Suspect that too much moisture had been absorbed into the fluid. 150,000km

Resprayed rims to gun-metal color (Nippon Pylox), car groomed with Zaino Bros products:

Read more: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3095424/2006-alfa-romeo-159/#ixzz2i8Ww3Wde

Edited by Theredstar