Singtel and Starhub Got it All Wrong

Alechi

Twincharged

Imo, all these fines imposed not only isn't effective but makes me wonder how "independent" the authority are against these service providers.

I think the fines will be more effective it is based on a percentage of their profit rather than a fixed sum. To these companies, the fine is like nothing.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Previously, Starhub had some extended service downtime, and did customer recovery by giving affected customers access over multiple channels for a particular day.

Now, Singtel has this fire incident and is now doing customer recovery by giving customers speed boosts and access to multiple channels.

My point is simple - they have got it all wrong. As a customer, I subscribe to channels I want and the speed I best need. When the incidents happened, I was DEPRIVED OF THE SERVICE I PAID FOR. There is no point giving me speed boosts and even access to all/multiple channels to make up. I don't need these at all!

Rather, they should proportionately reduce the bill payable for that particular month, simply because I failed to get what I paid and signed a contract for. In addition, for customer recovery, they can choose to throw in some sweeteners, which can include speed boosts and free channels.

What the telcos are doing now for customer recovery is simply cheapskate and completely wrong. CASE and the IDA should fight for justice for the hapless consumers who have to take whatever are thrown at them. That is the right thing to do.

may i know how much u paid for the service? what is the SLA?

because... it cost them NOTHING and yet... "I give you DOUBLE the speed you know!"

My sis's home... already paying 200Mbps... how? Also, last Sat afternoon, about 3pm.. I was there. My children were watching youtube. watch 10s... wait 10s for the download...

ya right. Singtel has solved all the problem.

... I give you 2 serves of rice and 1 serve of chicken... Ok ok.... unlimited serves of chili... [laugh]

it depends on the backend server, give u 100 packets of chicken rice also no use if your mouth can only take 1 spoonful every 1minute

This crazy. Service provider still fighting to get things back online ppl say this kinda thing.

Chicken rice also get involved. LoL...

The chicken rice supplier's kitchen caught fire, ppl got the cheek to rub salt on wound and ask for compensation. Got tau kwa tah gey still want to hiam.

I wish these ppl house catch fire. Best is their boss ask them who's paying for their absence and down time. How is he going to be compensated. Let them have a taste of it.

Why can't ppl just wait for ppl to settle down and work things out? Give you a yard ask for a kilometer. No shame.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Dislike 3

Turbocharged

This crazy. Service provider still fighting to get things back online ppl say this kinda thing.

Chicken rice also get involved. LoL...

The chicken rice supplier's kitchen caught fire, ppl got the cheek to rub salt on wound and ask for compensation. Got tau kwa tah gey still want to hiam.

I wish these ppl house catch fire. Best is their boss ask them who's paying for their absence and down time. How is he going to be compensated. Let them have a taste of it.

Why can't ppl just wait for ppl to settle down and work things out? Give you a yard ask for a kilometer. No shame.

also cannot like tat say. if people signed a contract which specified a certain SLA to meet, then they got the right to ask for compensation. so i ask them, what is the SLA you sign? [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

where is our undercover wanbao reporter huh??...............when we need him most...........lai leh..............write something in wanbao leh............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Previously, Starhub had some extended service downtime, and did customer recovery by giving affected customers access over multiple channels for a particular day.

Now, Singtel has this fire incident and is now doing customer recovery by giving customers speed boosts and access to multiple channels.

My point is simple - they have got it all wrong. As a customer, I subscribe to channels I want and the speed I best need. When the incidents happened, I was DEPRIVED OF THE SERVICE I PAID FOR. There is no point giving me speed boosts and even access to all/multiple channels to make up. I don't need these at all!

Rather, they should proportionately reduce the bill payable for that particular month, simply because I failed to get what I paid and signed a contract for. In addition, for customer recovery, they can choose to throw in some sweeteners, which can include speed boosts and free channels.

What the telcos are doing now for customer recovery is simply cheapskate and completely wrong. CASE and the IDA should fight for justice for the hapless consumers who have to take whatever are thrown at them. That is the right thing to do.

Actually, they can.. Just have to call them. Your bill will become pro-rated.. I did that to starhub. My signal was down for 3~4days sometime last year.

M1's 3G services disrupted in several parts of Singapore
Published on Oct 16, 2013
By Derrick Ho
M1's 3G mobile services were disrupted for about three hours on Wednesday morning in the western and north-western parts of the island. Services were restored as of 9.15am.
The telco said on its Facebook page that some customers including those in Yishun, Jurong, Woodlands and Choa Chu Kang were experiencing service difficulties. It however did not specify a reason for the outage.
Many frustrated customers posted on its Facebook page complaining that they could not make calls or use messaging services such as Whatsapp. "No network in Choa Chu Kang.. can't call out, Can't use data plan... it's causing us inconvenience," wrote a user by the name of Michelle Choo.
The Straits Times understands that this service outage is not linked to last week's SingTel fire which disrupted fibre broadband Internet, pay-TV, fixed and mobile voice services, as well as essential services such as banking, for hours.

now M1 turn but also at the north area, no link to Singtel Bukit Panjang fire?

Sigh, our national telecommunications infrastructures all seem really fragile. Wonder if its perception or reality ...

Supercharged

I think the fines will be more effective it is based on a percentage of their profit rather than a fixed sum. To these companies, the fine is like nothing.

If the Tool is ineffective, shouldn't they look at other ways?

Instead of "free" channels, I rather get rebate. Like, for one hour of downtime, one month rebate minimum one month then cap at 1 year. The same goes for MRT. We have seriously overweight Cats housed at service providers.

Year in year out, telcos have been declaring fat profits. Plus in past year, cutting drastically the previous default 12gb data plans down to 2gb, and then happily bill customers for excess data.

Internet wise, you should have known better with those 3 telco. You get what you paid cheaply for. Unreliable and throttled connection.

I don't really agree that Singapore telco service is cheap.

Sms is limited and charge at 5 cents each for every 160 character. In australia the phone plan allow you call oversea as part of the allocated credit no extra charge. SG you will need pay IDD and so on. Even calling malaysia.

when our telco is on his way to be Asia-Pacific region Da Gor

"The SingTel Group is Asia's leading communications group with operations in more than 20 countries worldwide. Optus is the most significant financial contributor to the SingTel Group"

Paul O'Sullivan, Chief Executive Officer, Group Consumer, SingTel

Optus is an Australian leader in integrated telecommunications, delivering cutting-edge communications, information technology and entertainment services. In 2001 SingTel became the parent company of Optus, paving the way to become a strong and strategic telecommunications player within the Asia-Pacific region.

↡ Advertisement