Seeking advice - Hit & Run with witness (GBB7208M)

Xspace

Today, went to Clementi for lunch and got hit and run in the open carpark. Right fender damaged, and etc.

No video but luckily there was a witness who informed me of the car # and is willing to be my witness if required.

I have made a police report and was told that the report will route to TP, and they will do some investigation (not sure what kind though).

I am curious what should my next course of actions?

1. Go to my insurer's authorized workshop and get them to repair and directly claim against them?

2. If I choose #1, will the workshop ask me to pay first and then reimburse me when the claim is successful?

3. If the claim is unsuccessful, will my NCD be affected?

Anybody with experience on this and can advise?

ODWl1vp.png

The van with the P plate. Screencap from the witness. He emailed me.
JkGDDgi.jpg

↡ Advertisement

BTW, if anybody happened to know of this vehicle's company, please PM me. Thx!

The witness told me the driver appears to be a China man, and sports a very short hair cut like our bmt hair cut.

Step 1 is you need go IDAC and make a report

If i were you I will come the place and wait for his lorry(seem like he is making delivery to the wet market) and take photo of damage and ask him go IDAC

Somehow if the another party don't report there is nothing insurance coy and police can do. Correct me if I am wrong! Then will need go civil claim

You are very lucky to have eye withness, wish you luck bro, don't let such bugger get away. Please kindly update us! thanks.

Think mine no need to go IDAC because I am under AXA.

Now I just want to get it repaired but not sure whether to go to my own workshop and get them to file claim but in such case, I need to pay myself first. And if the claim is unsuccessful, means the fella get away scot free.

If I go to AXA one, and if the claim is unsuccessful, then my NCD might be affected.

Doubt you will be able to start to claim and repair. But you can try to get your insurer or workshop to track that driver and hopefully, that driver admit it and claim can then be processed. Otherwise, it may take a few month before you can make claim 3rd party.

Alternatively, if you know the workshop well and they trust you, you can tell the workshop to start the repair with the assurance that if your 3rd party claim is not successful, you will pay them out of your pocket.

Now I just want to get it repaired but not sure whether to go to my own workshop and get them to file claim but in such case, I need to pay myself first. And if the claim is unsuccessful, means the fella get away scot free.

If I go to AXA one, and if the claim is unsuccessful, then my NCD might be affected.

Reporting to IDAC has got nuthing to do with repairs.

you can report and dun repair.

You claim the other party... if its not alot of money, u can even pay first.... like that your own insurance wont b affected in any way

Turbocharged

a few things u have to do now

1) report to IDAC

2) report to police for hit and run with witness info

3) report to insurer and repair via insurer WS

fron there, insurer will file claim against the other party.

If there other party did not report to IDAC, your insurer lawyer should represent u to file for claim to that company since its a commercial vehicle.

why AXA so special? :huh:

• Praise 1

ya.. i think the correct term to use is to report at insurance company appointed reporting centre... for me, its Ethoz, STAR, and some other mid to big sized workshop etc.... IDAC name not inside...

ya.. i think the correct term to use is to report at insurance company appointed reporting centre... for me, its Ethoz, STAR, and some other mid to big sized workshop etc.... IDAC name not inside...

Yeaps, same too. These 2 days so busy, haiz, don't know got time to do all these or not.

Btw guys, if you happened to see this lorry, GBB7208M, please help me check out the company's address usually fine-imprinted on the bottom of the lorry's doors.

I believe it does delivery to Clementi Ave 3 wet market / hawker centre on a daily basis. Wish I could be there these 2 days but I am extremely tied up with personal matters.

busy ah? i think muz within 24hrs leh...

Yes, I think I can try to reschedule 330pm - 530pm matter. Alot efforts required in this kinda hit n run.

↡ Advertisement