• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic | 17 praises

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

Kezg1
  • Premium member
    Kezg1
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Happen to come across this blog on the above....pls read

http://moneychatroom...tment-plan.html

Lala81, Noob79 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

ShepherdPie
  • ShepherdPie
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Happen to come across this blog on the above....pls read

http://moneychatroom...tment-plan.html

thanks for the information ;)

Noob79 praised this

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

btw, just to ask a dumb question since you post this and im sure you are quite savvy in shares stuff...

my company do give me little shares since last year but frankly,  how to check where is the share and how much is the value now?....

i did apply a CDP account pass the number to company HR. And i do have an OCBC securies account as well... but when i log-in and check, cannot see anything...umm.. am i missing something.... [sweatdrop]

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

ShepherdPie
  • ShepherdPie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

btw, just to ask a dumb question since you post this and im sure you are quite savvy in shares stuff...

my company do give me little shares since last year but frankly,  how to check where is the share and how much is the value now?....

i did apply a CDP account pass the number to company HR. And i do have an OCBC securies account as well... but when i log-in and check, cannot see anything...umm.. am i missing something.... [sweatdrop]

if listed in sgx, you shld issued a statement now and then. do you know what is the stock code ?

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

if listed in sgx, you shld issued a statement now and then. do you know what is the stock code ?

you mean receive statement? nope.. nothing... yes, listed in sgx..

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Roh96
  • Roh96
    Supercharged
    Author Image

You should receive statement from your company if there is any share purchase to your account. You can ask your HR which security company they appointed.

Noob79 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

ShepherdPie
  • ShepherdPie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

you mean receive statement? nope.. nothing... yes, listed in sgx..

if on sgx, you will get statement from sgx.. that one confirmed..since it been a yr by now.

are you given actual stock or stock options ? e.g. you can buy y no. of stock at $p. 

Edited by ShepherdPie, 18 October 2013 - 10:53 AM.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

if on sgx, you will get statement from sgx.. that one confirmed..since it been a yr by now.

are you given actual stock or stock options ? e.g. you can buy y no. of stock at $p. 

given stock... umm..

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

ShepherdPie
  • ShepherdPie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

given stock... umm..

do you know the stock quote ? cos' 1 company can have many stock.. different tier and may not be listed in the same exchange.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Kezg1
  • Premium member
    Kezg1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I not savvy..normally if you log in to your CDP acct. n shares being given to you will appear in your holding...just like rights given to you..check again should be there.

given stock... umm..

...did you sign anything from your company HR to accept these shares....otherwise they assumed that you do not want it... at these price given to you.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

do you know the stock quote ? cos' 1 company can have many stock.. different tier and may not be listed in the same exchange.

mine is a small local SME, dont think it's that complex..

I not savvy..normally if you log in to your CDP acct. n shares being given to you will appear in your holding...just like rights given to you..check again should be there.

...did you sign anything from your company HR to accept these shares....otherwise they assumed that you do not want it... at these price given to you.

i did return a letter to HR, acknowledging the acceptance and amount..ummm i go check again the T&C...

btw, i didnt have id to log-in to my CDP account, only have OCBC securities... same??

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

thanks for the link. 

btw, i didnt have id to log-in to my CDP account, only have OCBC securities... same??

The broker only has record of what they transacted for u.

U need to log in to your CDP account to see your overall share holdings. Lol but i also don't have the log in...  [lipsrsealed]

my extra shares from dividends are also not reflected in my brokerage account.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Kezg1
  • Premium member
    Kezg1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

mine is a small local SME, dont think it's that complex..

i did return a letter to HR, acknowledging the acceptance and amount..ummm i go check again the T&C...

...no lah bro...have to go Sgx 2...at 2nd story to register....

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

[grin]  ooppss..... lol... now i know what's missing.... thanks bros....

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Raymondism
  • Premium member
    Raymondism
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

U r given shares... in the company
Is the company public listed??

Edited by Raymondism, 19 October 2013 - 10:35 PM.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Check with ocbc securities, it may be held in their sub account rather than your personal cdp
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

1) if your company is listed and the shares you are given is for the listed company you will see it in your CDP.

2) you will not see it in OCBC as it is not transacted through OCBC.

3) you should receive monthly CDP statements in your mailbox at your registered address, inside you will see a statement listing all shares you own.

4) if you have not seen item 3, you better check if first your registered address is correct, if yes, then you may not have been issued shares or been issued shares which are not listed so check with your finance or HR
1 Anonymous member praised this
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think your on drugs
"i'm not tailgating, i'm keeping up with the pace car"
When it's a question of money, everybody is of the same religion

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

First of all, are you given shares, or share options? They are different.

If you are given shares, then it should be reflected in your CDP account. Please don't check your OCBC. You didn't buy it through them, why would it be in OCBC?

If it is an employee share option, then your company should have an internal portal where you can log-in to see how much you are given, the exercise price, and when can you exercise it. These will not appear in CDP.

I trade stock for a living, PM me if you want to know more details

Edited by Icedbs, 20 October 2013 - 01:51 AM.

Noob79 praised this

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:55 AM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

1) if your company is listed and the shares you are given is for the listed company you will see it in your CDP.

2) you will not see it in OCBC as it is not transacted through OCBC.

3) you should receive monthly CDP statements in your mailbox at your registered address, inside you will see a statement listing all shares you own.

4) if you have not seen item 3, you better check if first your registered address is correct, if yes, then you may not have been issued shares or been issued shares which are not listed so check with your finance or HR

Thanks for the very detailed explanation and answer... , so, if I didn't register a cdp, mean I won't receive any letter right?.. I think I better go apply one and check out if my coy got bluff me or not... :)

First of all, are you given shares, or share options? They are different.

If you are given shares, then it should be reflected in your CDP account. Please don't check your OCBC. You didn't buy it through them, why would it be in OCBC?

If it is an employee share option, then your company should have an internal portal where you can log-in to see how much you are given, the exercise price, and when can you exercise it. These will not appear in CDP.

I trade stock for a living, PM me if you want to know more details

I think what's missing is the cdp account...hehehe... ..

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thanks for the very detailed explanation and answer... , so, if I didn't register a cdp, mean I won't receive any letter right?.. I think I better go apply one and check out if my coy got bluff me or not... :)

I think what's missing is the cdp account...hehehe... ..

If you don't have a CDP account, your company can't give you any shares in the first place.

However, I thought you earlier said you already registered for a CDP account and pass it to your HR?

Edited by Icedbs, 20 October 2013 - 01:57 AM.

Back to Investment & Financial Matters  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Beware, blue, chip, investment and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users